CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 15, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #29,686 of 31,833
Lol. Is budget condemned to never progress?
No, we have seen a lot of progress for the budget range.

CCA CRA
KZ DQ6/DQ6S
Tanchjim Tanya

And the Tanchjim OLA seems promising.

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #29,687 of 31,833
No, we have seen a lot of progress for the budget range.

CCA CRA
KZ DQ6/DQ6S
Tanchjim Tanya

And the Tanchjim OLA seems promising.
They do progress. Also DDs arent patent restricted and seem easier to price it fair to their manufacturing cost. If they continue improving DDs treble response and speed, the gap of diminishing returns will be more and more evident and reasons to spend way more questionable. Luck us as consumers I guess. Chi-fi changing a whole market

Feb 15, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #29,688 of 31,833
How is LEA vs CRA? i just gave away my CRA to co worker for belated birthday present.
Need replacement.

LEA seems to be in the budget, but OLA is in visible distance... or just save a bit more for OLINA.

Superthin DD vs LCP DD vs DMT DD vs (supposedly) Oxygen DD.
It's like Hzsound mirror vs Aria all along. Detail vs aggreable tuning. While you get detail retrieval, treble extension, airiness on cra, they also have metallic and kinda dry timbre. Lea in the other hand, the detail retrieval not as good as cra ofc, but it has more aggreable tuning, wet timbre, smooth treble similar how final audio E series and more bass.

So strictly speaking, if you like how cca cra sounds, Lea might be not suited for you. I'm myself buying lea because well, let's say I need a break from bright iem as well? Or something along like that 😅

Feb 16, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #29,689 of 31,833
Hmm i found BL Max for 21$ (slightly below BL03). Is it have better tech than bl03? is the bass muddy? Should i waste my money on that?

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #29,690 of 31,833
Imagine a list comparing all those sub $50 (or $100) IEMs like a guy from here did with DAC dongles...
damn....i cant imagine number of time it will take....since their SO much of them.

anyway, if their somebody ready to do this, i have 20 pairs to send them asap

Feb 16, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #29,691 of 31,833
Well...look whos here?
TRIPOWIN LEA!!!
First sec impressions (with Jorja Smith).
Doesnt sound like 25$. Beautifull femal vocal. Rather wide soundstage. Slightly bright-dry timbre but nonetheless realist and enjoyable. Not alot of micro details, rather mid centric. Bass is well done, good impact and thigh attack. Sub bass presence is there, quite textured bass it seem...timbre isnt thick, bit thin with decent transparency. cymbals arent perfect.
hum, i mean, these just came in and they were outside my home at -25degree so litteral burn in is surely need.
First impressions ISN'T negative at all, these seem to hit above their price range but perhaps not as versatile as some other offering. These are no Kato technically but its true it follow the same tonality.
Everything is great until we pass about 8khz...cable seem quite decent but i will try other, as well as other eartips than my obsessive KZ Starlines.
Stay tune, im hooked by these cheapies! As said, when i love female vocal, honey moon is near. Source used: TRI TK2.

EDIT: so, at 32ohm and 105db sensitivity, Lea like a bit of power to open up. Still, i wanna underline these are NO KATO, even if yes, tonality is a bit similar technicalities are inferior and timbre thinner.

We can describe those as dry to bright (but not agressive) V shape with great transparency but a bit of lack of control in treble region, which can feel scooped in certain region. ill let them burn in a bit and compare them to TANYA and KZ CRN.

CONTRUCTION wise is quite impressive. thick heavy metal=good isolation. cable is more than decent. SPC but a bit flimsy.
1645020077195.png
1645020089836.png

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #29,692 of 31,833
Look whats coming soon guys.

TANCHJIM OLA

Sub-50$ IEM.

more info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...hjim_ola_coming_soon_new_below_50_competitor/
I think headgear with a response falling rapidly from 2.5kHz to 4kHz is exactly what I want. This frequency response looks absurdly smooth given its asking price. Doesn't it. Wonder if I may finally found the MY BL-03 killer... over 2 years later.

Edit: Which is particularly nice because it looks like my BL-03 are ungluing themselves apart. Who knows what else could fall apart in them soon.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #29,693 of 31,833
Feb 17, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #29,694 of 31,833
well.....OLINA seem it will hit the audiophile community like an intense sound value storm. this is one of first feedback on NBBA, and its from a REAL consumers, not an hyper....really seem like a No BS budget killer.

''
ErIk Ikomori
Administrateur
T8cd_N1dAsv.png

we need first impressions as soon as you can. these might be sub-100$ game changer. hope are sky high about the OLINA!!

Kenny Chan

The Olina is tuned very naturally balanced and near neutral. There’s some hint of warmth and colour to give it a nice musical slant. Smooth mids and seems to favour both male and female vocals.
Bass is perhaps on the lighter side. There’s some decent sub bass, to give overall body. But wouldn’t be bass-heads friendly.
Wouldn’t want to add any more to the hype, but I really think the Olina is going to please many listeners. At USD99, am not sure if there’s any contest. Maybe not even sub USD200.
''

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #29,695 of 31,833
What is your recommendation in the sub 30usd category if the quality of the mic is also important? Lot of MS Teams call, unfortunately bluetooth is restricted. Sound quality is not the main selling point here, I am only listening to lo-fi music during work. Thx!

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #29,696 of 31,833
What is your recommendation in the sub 30usd category if the quality of the mic is also important? Lot of MS Teams call, unfortunately bluetooth is restricted. Sound quality is not the main selling point here, I am only listening to lo-fi music during work. Thx!
all microphones on iem cables are bad quality, why not using your existing heaphone/iem + a $2 headphone/mic jack splitter + the $13 best seller lav mic on amazon called "PoP voice") ?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #29,697 of 31,833
Kz have some decent cable with mic, try DQ6 (non s)

Feb 19, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #29,698 of 31,833
Can anyone compare the BQEYZ KC2 & the MOONDROP SSR?

I already have the ssr & I was thinking if the kc2 is that much different to be a good sidegrade.

(I already read every impression & review I could possibly find in the audio groups & on the and net but still, no direct comparo between these two & varying feedbacks too that makes it hard to draw a finite imaginary differentiation.)

Feb 19, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #29,699 of 31,833

I already have the ssr & I was thinking if the kc2 is that much different to be a good sidegrade.

(I already read every impression & review I could possibly find in the audio groups & on the and net but still, no direct comparo between these two & varying feedbacks too that makes it hard to draw a finite imaginary differentiation.)
I have the BQEYZ KC2 and personally don't like it. The BQEYZ KB100...that is a a different matter, really has a little 'Je Ne C'est Quoi' and is excellent.

Feb 21, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #29,700 of 31,833

Don't have either of them on hand. Based on my memory, KC2 is warmer, more bass presence, but the quality of mids + highs were left to be desired (possibly because of budget drivers). They ain't bad just didn't amazed me. Fit is fine with slightly bulky but rounded shell. SSR has just barely enough of light bouncy bass to me. Good notes but I personally prefer more bass and more top sparkles on SSR. I couldn't enjoy them for more than couple hours then moved on. Excellent built quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back