CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 21, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #29,701 of 31,834
Can anyone compare the BQEYZ KC2 & the MOONDROP SSR?

I already have the ssr & I was thinking if the kc2 is that much different to be a good sidegrade.

(I already read every impression & review I could possibly find in the audio groups & on the and net but still, no direct comparo between these two & varying feedbacks too that makes it hard to draw a finite imaginary differentiation.)
I dont have SSR but SSP. Timbre wise the SSP is more natural and have a more cohesive tuning as a whole, its warmer too, especially bass section feel a bit more muddy-slower than KC2 thigher cleaner slam. KC2 have notably better imaging and overall clarity, female vocal are more fowarded, treble is more extended but a bit less natural too.

Tonality go to SSP while technicality go to KC2.

+1 for KB100 being better too.

Feb 22, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #29,703 of 31,834
Hi , can you guys suggest me any best 1dd+1 or 2 BA that is slight neutral with good low mids to mids body and imaging ? price at around 60 usd .

me coming from Tin T2 plus and current favourite HZ Heart Mirror , i just wanted a taste of hybrid . although i love DD very much
The TRI i4 is available for that price, it has a Knowles BA. Very smooth and good imaging and soundstage. The Tin T3 has a similar driver set up, that is more neutral and can also be found for around $60. At a lower price the KBEAR Lark may suit, it has a neutral profile though perhaps not as refined as the other two.

Feb 22, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #29,704 of 31,834
The TRI i4 is available for that price, it has a Knowles BA. Very smooth and good imaging and soundstage. The Tin T3 has a similar driver set up, that is more neutral and can also be found for around $60. At a lower price the KBEAR Lark may suit, it has a neutral profile though perhaps not as refined as the other two.
Yeah, the venerable T3 is the obvious choice. Not the T3+, though.

Feb 22, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #29,705 of 31,834
Yeah, the venerable T3 is the obvious choice. Not the T3+, though.
Yes, the T3 is a good fit for your needs. It is very well made and has a superb cable. The MMCX connection does not suffer the same QC issues as the T4. The T3+ of course is a single DD model and not a hybrid.

Feb 24, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #29,706 of 31,834
Hi , can you guys suggest me any best 1dd+1 or 2 BA that is slight neutral with good low mids to mids body and imaging ? price at around 60 usd .

me coming from Tin T2 plus and current favourite HZ Heart Mirror , i just wanted a taste of hybrid . although i love DD very much
Sen fer DT9 (1xDD + 1xKnowles BA)

Feb 24, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #29,707 of 31,834

Its not quite $60, but i just ask similar question, Recommended Hybrid under $100.

- ThieAudio Legacy 2 (Berylium DD + Knowles BA)
- Tri Meteor (Similar set up but apparently better tuned)
- Fiio JH3 (the cheaper option but comes pretty highly reccomended)
- Tri Starsea (the clarity king but anemic bass if that peeved you)

a fair bit above $100

- SeeAudio Midnight (The current personal goal to have)
- Ikko OH10 (The big booba sound, a bit physically heavy to wear)

Feb 24, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #29,708 of 31,834
Its not quite $60, but i just ask similar question, Recommended Hybrid under $100.

- ThieAudio Legacy 2 (Berylium DD + Knowles BA)
- Tri Meteor (Similar set up but apparently better tuned)
- Fiio JH3 (the cheaper option but comes pretty highly reccomended)
- Tri Starsea (the clarity king but anemic bass if that peeved you)

a fair bit above $100

- SeeAudio Midnight (The current personal goal to have)
- Ikko OH10 (The big booba sound, a bit physically heavy to wear)
Have you considered the Shozy Form 1.1? That one is also highly regarded, but not new.

Feb 27, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #29,709 of 31,834

Stay away from JH3, since its very thin in timbre-body. (apart bass part)

Kbear Meteor is full bodied but imaging isn't super crisp, still, it doesnt sound like a typical hybrid.

I think BQEYZ K2-KC2 or KB100 would be a great choice.

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #29,710 of 31,834
Still looking for an iem for music and bass guitar playing

Not a bass head/ junky though and my overall bass tone is like a piano
Lots of bass mids treble

But for music I’m looking for an Iem Thats well balanced and preserve what the audio quality or tonal quality of the music I listen to without exaggeration

Mar 1, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #29,711 of 31,834
Still looking for an iem for music and bass guitar playing

Not a bass head/ junky though and my overall bass tone is like a piano
Lots of bass mids treble

But for music I’m looking for an Iem Thats well balanced and preserve what the audio quality or tonal quality of the music I listen to without exaggeration

Do you have a budget in mind?

From what you are saying, it looks like you want something neutralish for stage monitoring and without much colouration.

For stage monitoring, these are the main priorities:
1) Neutralish signature - so as not to colour frequencies. If you don't have a neutral IEM, EQ can be done too as a backup.
2) Good technicalities - so as to get good imaging, instrument separation, details, clarity etc.
3) Isolation - if you are doing live performances, to protect hearing.
4) Comfort - no point having a heavenly sound if the fit is bad and you can't use it for more than a couple of minutes.

I would recommend to check out the HZSound Heart Mirror and the DUNU Titan S, they are neutral bright IEMs which have good technicalities and I think they would make good stage monitors. The Titan S is slightly better than the Heart Mirror in most departments, but is more expensive. For a bit more expensive, check out the TRI Starsea, this set is very technical and has 4 tuning options so it can be neutral to U shaped (more versatile as such).

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #29,712 of 31,834
Mar 3, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #29,713 of 31,834
I still like alot the KZ CRN....and do think its best tuned KZ yet.
There my slightly updated review:
https://nobsaudiophile.com/2022/03/02/kz-crn-zex-pro-review-new-kz-benchmark/

In the other hand, I receive the ZES and it's crap.
Crn one of my least fav iems. Just got the dq6s and I love it. Some drama on a fb thread where maybe the extra drivers aren't working and/or the port for them is blocked off by glue. I think mine are fine judging by sound, but makes me wonder about the crn's now. I'll have to try the crn's hopefully next week if my dac/amp comes and maybe it'll be better.

Mar 3, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #29,714 of 31,834
Crn one of my least fav iems. Just got the dq6s and I love it. Some drama on a fb thread where maybe the extra drivers aren't working and/or the port for them is blocked off by glue. I think mine are fine judging by sound, but makes me wonder about the crn's now. I'll have to try the crn's hopefully next week if my dac/amp comes and maybe it'll be better.
It's depend on the music actually, CRN sounds good with modern song, but sounds bad with old / poorly recored songs. Try some modern pop songs and you will in awe with how they sounds, but again , CRA is so much better than CRN so

Mar 3, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #29,715 of 31,834
It's depend on the music actually, CRN sounds good with modern song, but sounds bad with old / poorly recored songs. Try some modern pop songs and you will in awe with how they sounds, but again , CRA is so much better than CRN so
I mostly listen to newer stuff for first impressions. Oldest I'll get to is like rage against machine and chili peppers. Some iem's like arias and leas I'll go hendrix but that's rare atm. I have my cra's coming maybe in a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back