CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 9, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #22,561 of 31,832
I listened to the BA5 last night and thought it was very neutral/balanced as I had been listening to a bass monster just before

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #22,562 of 31,832
I listened to the BA5 last night and thought it was very neutral/balanced as I had been listening to a bass monster just before

I see you have blon, can you slightly compare to it? I know both have very different sound signature
Can you say that it's bass lighter version of blon with treble extention?

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #22,563 of 31,832
Hello guys!
If I want to upgrade my KZ AS10 what do you recommend? I want to keep this sound signature because I like it. CCA 12, ZSX or TRN BA5 will be better? All I want si a little big bass

from those 3, I would suggest the ZSX For more bass.
CCA C12 is good, but slightly less bass then the ZSX.
The TRN BA5 I do not own. But everyone I speak with says they are a little lite on bass.
So, the ZSX is the one I would get.
Don’t forget the CCA C10, it is also good with bass.
also the TRN V90 has good bass too.
Good luck :)

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #22,566 of 31,832
Hi there Harry
Of course it's personal taste. I'm glad to have the A6 mini. My real preference though is for a very cohesive rhythmic sound. The A6 mini ticks many boxes, has good detail, but has a slightly demanding quality with weight on sub and mid bass and a slightly unusual but present treble area which suits certain music. The Semkarch is way more musical, cohesive and natural. To me it is in the Blon 03 category so for those who do not like the Blon the they may feel the same way about the CNT1. I use the Semkarch 80% of the time now. But one man's meat is another mans poison. We are all so different and, like food taste, sound taste is so variable. I do understand why BGGAR has them in his top three though and I think most would like the CNT1 with the gold filter and the right tips.

Yep, we're all different. Tho I don't tend to listen to BGGAR's reviews.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #22,567 of 31,832
I got kz as10 today.... detail is amazing but it is kind of lifeless sounding. I also want to know what has a similar signature. I think the tuning of as10 is great. It just is weak on bass.

i have too, try EQing makes this greater monster better than without eq
Sometimes i love this earphone but also i want to burry it. Really weird, with itself tip it's bass bleeding like hell also try foam tips its tighten the bass and gives better sub-bass(also do not forget to eq)
I can't listen it without eq, with eq it turns into something else that's why I love and hate at the same time

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #22,568 of 31,832
Dick Tracy Investigation:

Anybody receive defective TRN BA5?

They sure look promising, but it make 2 members on NBBA group that have defective BA.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #22,569 of 31,832
As well, anybody heard the new URBANFUN YBF ISS014??

Is it a serious return from old chifi wolf Urbanfun!?!?!

Housing is extremely similar to the BLON.

It use a Berylium drivers....not lotta info about those.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000265604736.html

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #22,570 of 31,832
Dick Tracy Investigation:

Anybody receive defective TRN BA5?

They sure look promising, but it make 2 members on NBBA group that have defective BA.

Mine seem to be faulty. My left ear piece is brighter than the right. Also they sound kind of artificial and I not keen on them to be honest.

Speaking of the NBBA someone asked if I was a member lol

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #22,571 of 31,832
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/urbanfun-ybf-iss014-lost-potential-for-greatness.921709/

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/urbanfun-ybf-iss014-lost-potential-for-greatness.921709/

There is a dedicated thread about this it.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #22,572 of 31,832
Mine seem to be faulty. My left ear piece is brighter than the right. Also they sound kind of artificial and I not keen on them to be honest.

Speaking of the NBBA someone asked if I was a member lol

well....this became more and more worrysome. TRN isnt know for top notch QC to say the least. So, your the third for now....

And are you a member or not? lol Your welcome to came in Bro. Chill place. Funny place. No B* place....Non snobbish as well. Similar to here but well...no big Brotha in NBBA!

Edit: okay thanks find the thread....well well....even more intriguing!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #22,573 of 31,832
Jan 9, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #22,574 of 31,832
My have arrived in London and I should have them in a couple days. Have no idea what to expect but will give my thougts and feelings.

Just queue up your favorite albums and let the music flow. Love mine. Don't plan to analyze why.

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #22,575 of 31,832
So, perhaps its time i share more toughs about JADE AUDIO EA3.

Firstly, the burn in SOLVE bass issue. Not upper mids issue.

These are not for treble sensitive or upper mids sensitive people. Apart from this, they are kinda okay....but VERY source dependant (cable do not change drastically sound but source sure is)

My first grumpy impressions was based on 2 BAD pairing: Ibasso DX90 and Xduoo X20, both using sharp detailed ES9018 dac, X90 have strange bass bump and X20 being cold. This make overal sound very dry, agressive and unpleasant. But i think final conclusion is still partly grumpy.

Now, these impressions are with Xduoo XD-05plus (with Burson V5i opamp)

SOUNDSNATURE: Bright agressive W shape with hint of bass warmth.

Very clear sounding, but rough in timbre and not super precise in definition with the exception of razor sharp highs.

BASS is near basshead, sub extension is thick and rumbly, mid bass punch isnt fowards, but still,its weighty and well rounded. Bass is warmer part of the sound, not very detailed but quite well controled.

MIDS are a mixed bag, timbre is rather dry and thin, and vocal have serious sibilance...i hate sibilance as well as artificial timbre, wich is very evident with female vocal, less so with instrument like violin (piano sound thin and lack weight). So shouty are the mids and well, this agressive approach isnt finish.

TREBLE is harsh, from low to high treble its fowarded...this can dig extra micro details in upper highs but will make percussions sound harsh, splashy, metallic artifical...ear fatigue guarantee at high volume! for not over crowded music like pop, rap etc it can give good result....but still, the vocal will annoy you.

SOundstage is the highlight.

Got my Jade Audio EA3. First impressions, sharp highs, average timbre, sibilant and lacking some weight. Good for the price I guess and all in all not too bad, but having them A/B'd against similarly priced IEMs like Crescent, E3000, Sora Light and BLON 03 I wouldn't pick them over any of those.
FWIW I agree with both of you. My initial impressions were that they were thin-sounding with unnatural mids.
Looking at the measurements I took (which as another Head-Fier pointed out, look basically the same as Fiio's) you can see why:
EA3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back