CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 9, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #22,533 of 31,833
Who gets to decide what is true and what must be censored? I mean, I don't believe in things like the flat earth theory or the supposed faked moon landing, but I don't believe in taking away people's right to discuss those things either. Most critically thinking individuals reject those ideas anyway.
Why would I reject an idea like a fake moon landing or a flat earth theory when I cant prove myself that they are fake or real? Only a fool would do that. They're both possibly fake and real.

The first astronaut on the moon Neil Armstrong said himself that we couldn't get through the van Allen radiation belt outside Earth and back without seriously being hurt from the radiation or dying.

That's not to say we may have had some secret technology to do it but that's not what he said about the public Nasa space shuttle we believe went to the moon.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #22,535 of 31,833
Jan 9, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #22,536 of 31,833
AS10 have a pretty unique signature. I loved them from the first sound and still enjoy them quite a bit. It is the only IEM I have a second pair of.

If anything all-BAs and a "bigger bass" than AS10 would be KZ AS12.
C12 are very good, to me one of the best IEM for the money, but definitely different in DD bass and more developed upper mids and treble.

I'm interested in people's thoughts here, I too love the AS10 sound and signature, and would love to find an upgrade. I have found I prefer the speed of the BA's to any of my DD's or hybrids.

I bought the AS12 on Black Friday hoping for more of the same, but was disappointed. I find the AS12 does have more detail, but lacks bass in comparison, sounding much more balanced. I also found the sound to be thin against the AS10. I love the speed of the BA bass but need the impact that the AS10 provides. I'd love to hear suggestions for an upgrade to the AS10 signature.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #22,538 of 31,833
Jan 9, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #22,539 of 31,833
I'm interested in people's thoughts here, I too love the AS10 sound and signature, and would love to find an upgrade. I have found I prefer the speed of the BA's to any of my DD's or hybrids.

I bought the AS12 on Black Friday hoping for more of the same, but was disappointed. I find the AS12 does have more detail, but lacks bass in comparison, sounding much more balanced. I also found the sound to be thin against the AS10. I love the speed of the BA bass but need the impact that the AS10 provides. I'd love to hear suggestions for an upgrade to the AS10 signature.

+1
If you have 2.5mm balanced output try it. For me this was the first update on AS10

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #22,541 of 31,833

First, as mentioned, AS10 is quite source dependent with its low impedance. Also quite particularly so, with more bass from a lower power source, as smartphone, and much tighter bass being powered for instance with a capable balanced source. I personally quite liked AS10 with a smartphone and sometimes relive this experience, but typically use it balanced.

Then sufficiently powered from the same source, AS12 has more bass to my ears (and 2 out of 6 vs. 1 out of 5 is an attempt on math support of it).
After liking AS12 initially, I found its timbre a bit constrained to my ears and removed its treble filters (made it quite bright even sibilant, which is a different story...)
Related actually, the only other successor of AS10, I can think of, is CCA A10 (5 BAs). A10 to me is a logical development to expand the treble (works for me) but is generally perceived as "too bright".

So overall, AS10 happened to be truly unique, especially with its interesting source dependence.
It seems hard to add more bass and expanding the treble rather makes an entirely different IEM.
So I just enjoy its uniqueness, and just in case got a second copy and BA10 (same driver in an acoustically superior and nicely made but gigantic shell).

That is my limited take on it.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #22,542 of 31,833
First, as mentioned, AS10 is quite source dependent with its low impedance. Also quite particularly so, with more bass from a lower power source, as smartphone, and much tighter bass being powered for instance with a capable balanced source. I personally quite liked AS10 with a smartphone and sometimes relive this experience, but typically use it balanced.

Then sufficiently powered from the same source, AS12 has more bass to my ears (and 2 out of 6 vs. 1 out of 5 is an attempt on math support of it).
After liking AS12 initially, I found its timbre a bit constrained to my ears and removed its treble filters (made it quite bright even sibilant, which is a different story...)
Related actually, the only other successor of AS10, I can think of, is CCA A10 (5 BAs). A10 to me is a logical development to expand the treble (works for me) but is generally perceived as "too bright".

So overall, AS10 happened to be truly unique, especially with its interesting source dependence.
It seems hard to add more bass and expanding the treble rather makes an entirely different IEM.
So I just enjoy its uniqueness, and just in case got a second copy and BA10 (same driver in an acoustically superior and nicely made but gigantic shell).

That is my limited take on it.
I run all my headphones with TRN bt20s or bt20, they sound amazing on the AS10 as a true wireless solution, I don't really run wired at all any more. AS10 signature just nails my preferences perfectly. I'll persevere with the AS12 but they may need a bit more power as you suggest.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #22,543 of 31,833
If this place is gonna become a conspiracy theory forum I'll be leaving....

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #22,544 of 31,833
I got electrical shocks from time to time from using ****. Do you have this problem from **** Pro?

The Audiofool review mentions that this is still happening on the **** Pro and they even explain why I think. Personally I have yet to experience this on my pair.

Jan 9, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #22,545 of 31,833
No
I got electrical shocks from time to time from using ****. Do you have this problem from **** Pro?
No, I have not experienced that with the **** or **** Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back