Best bass IEM for $200 and under
Aug 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #17 of 27
You could also look for an M Audio IE 20 XB which is a rebranded UE SF5 EB, they are still being made....I purchased one recently from ebay for the bargain price of £31.99.

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #18 of 27
There are many other IEMs which can compete with 5EB in bass region and mids, highs, like Sony XB90EX offers tight punchy bassy sound with improved clarity. JVC FXZ200, FXZ100 are dual dynamic drivers earphones with punchy bass response. JVC FX700 offers heavy deep reverbing bass with highly detailed soundquality.

Nice recommendations. Thanks. Which of these would you recommend the most?

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #19 of 27
Dunu DN1000?

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #20 of 27
Hisound Audio WooDuo 2 gets my vote as well.
I'm a bass head through and through, from my car and my subs to my personal preferences for iem.
I listen hip hop, rap, dubstep, trap and reggae mostly and as much as everyone here is recommending their personal opinions, from one bass-head to another - WooDuo 2 delivers.

You of course will need to make your own mind up but my search for bass iem's is over.
BEWARE:the fit can be a journey but once you have the seal sorted you're good to go.

Happy hunting.....

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #21 of 27
After lots of painstaking research and a great learning experience. I've decided to go with the Sony XB90EX. They're well reviewed headphones and seem to have strongpoints in bass and clarity which are probably two of my most-desired characteristics. Got them off Amazon for about 110 and ordered next day delivery because I simply couldn't wait. Thanks a lot for all the recommendations.

I researched the FX700; great reviews, but, at the price, it's poor isolation was a tradeoff I wasn't willing to make.
Didn't see enough praise for the Fxz100/200s' bass to guarantee a buy.
The Altone 200s are great, but didn't find them bassy or "fun" enough (might've gotten a slightly defunct pair)
The Yamaha eph-100 seemed to be great for the price, but I got the general impression that its bass didn't seem to be heavy/exceptional enough. Wasn't fond of its flimsy cable and build quality either.
Joker himself told me the UESF5EB was old and had outdated technology, and that I wouldn't enjoy it for what I was looking for.
The Dunu DN1000 seemed great as well, but I got the impression I wouldn't be overly impressed considering its price. It wasn't exactly said to have exceptional bass quality either.
The Wooduo 2 is praised to have awesome bass, but seems to fall a little short overall. I also really hate its bright red design; would've considered it if not for that.

All in all, thanks for the recommendations everyone. Hope your contributions/my impressions would help someone else in the future.

Aug 10, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #22 of 27
....SNIP

The Wooduo 2 is praised to have awesome bass, but seems to fall a little short overall. I also really hate its bright red design; would've considered it if not for that.

All in all, thanks for the recommendations everyone. Hope your contributions/my impressions would help someone else in the future.

Wooduo 2 is now available with black cable as well. I've almost got this one, but the black cable has volume control button for Android. Not my thing, extra stuff that can (and sooner or later certainly will) go bad. Not a fan of red cable either, but I can live with such tradeoff.

I also think the black cable is a little longer. 

The bass on these is awesome indeed 
L3000.gif

I'm not a rap listener, but out of curiosity I got a couple of Snoop Dogg tracks in FLAC. It felt like strapping a subwoofer around my head. Brutal.

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #23 of 27
For pure sub bass pleasure I would recommend the XB90EX having owned one for almost 2 years now and still running strong. Ive tried the wooduos as well and they are just as impressive. But if you run a rooted android phone and know what Viper4Android is, the xb90ex is still king for me at 112db of sub 50hz awesomeness :)

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #25 of 27
+1 for xb90ex. I owned it for over a year. Tons of sub bass and mid bass as well. Very capable of giving you that uncontrolable smirk of guilty pleasure!

Really, far and away the best bass performance I've ever heard.

Mar 6, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #26 of 27
Any recommendations on what might be the best IEMs with a significant. thumpy, fun bass priced around $200 and under? I listen to a significant amount of hip hop, edm and I'm trying to get one which has great bass and clear sound.
Dunu Titan 1 - It is otherwise called Fiio EX 1 which is there rebranded name, and less expensive. identical as I've had the two sets. It's a decent IEM, enormous soundstage as well. very forceful with great detail, yet truly slim mids. Very little sub bass. It was one o my first IEMs so I used to adore it because of it's soundstage, however exceeded it.

Mar 6, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #27 of 27
Dunu Titan 1 - It is otherwise called Fiio EX 1 which is there rebranded name, and less expensive. identical as I've had the two sets. It's a decent IEM, enormous soundstage as well. very forceful with great detail, yet truly slim mids. Very little sub bass. It was one o my first IEMs so I used to adore it because of it's soundstage, however exceeded it.
You replied to a 5 year old thread, FYI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back