Best android music player app?
Mar 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #76 of 633
Quote:
Noozxoide works great with PowerAmp settings "replay gain pre-amp" set at 16dB and also set " Preamp for songs with no RG info" to 16 dB. This really boosts the volume on my S3.

Gonemad is very good, I really like the way the dev has rendered the album art as the screen background. I found the volume to be a bit on the low side on this player. The artist screen is lacking the alphabet scroll tab that poweramp has.

Neutron is also very good but seems to distort pretty easily when you kick up the Pre amp gain too much. The UI looks very outdated and seems to hang up all the time.

The PowerAmp + noozxoide combo is really doing it for me at the moment.My arrow 4g has been in retirement mode for the last few days.

Gaz.

Hi gazar.

I have an S3 too and use Neutron.

I've been notice the distort when listen music using Neutron. How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #78 of 633
Do you mean don't enable the preamp adjustment and leave it at default of 0?

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #79 of 633
Quote:
Do you mean don't enable the preamp adjustment and leave it at default of 0?

Yes, Preamp should only be used with very quiet tracks. Otherwise the amp will suffer from clipping and distort...  although with Neutron the pre-amp should reset/reduce its level automatically each time it detects it.

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #80 of 633
I'm currently using the Neutron player with my galaxy s3. (I was originally using the Bose ie2 earphones and I was pretty happy.) After trying many players, n7, poweramp and winamp to name a few, the Neutron player was the one I singled out. I agree with many of the folks here the UI isn't as user friendly as I would like. But, over a short time I've really learned to love it. It actually forced me to educate myself on how to use a parametric eq, sound perameters and frequencies. And in my quest to learn, I found this forum. ( thankfully!!) Wich also influenced my decision to purchase the Westone 4. I can honestly say my thirst for something better has been quenched. Thanks in part to the input of this forum and it's members!

May 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #81 of 633
Hey, There are so many Android music players available on Google Play Store. As per the best Android music player concern i am preferred with Poweramp music player. This is one of the best music player for Android. I hope this might be helpful for you.

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #82 of 633
Could it be that Poweramp has upped their game? I tried the Neutron with 64-bit processing, audiophile resampling, dithering. Both have eq off, instead use Noozxoide to eq. A/B'ed them but cant tell much difference at all between Poweramp and Neutron

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #84 of 633
Quote:
I would recommend you guys to use TTPOD.. 

Why?

Looks less feature-rich than others, interested to know what is so good about it?

Jun 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #86 of 633
Has anyone used Rockbox for Android? It's a free app and is updated daily.

I was using it for quite a while on an Archos A43IT. I don't use it now because I broke the device and didn't replace it. I thought Rockbox was easily the best audio player for Android, for much the same reasons I like it on other players: gapless, multi-codec support, parametric eq with ability to make custom profiles, customisable While Playing Screen and metadata display, bookmarking etc. etc.

I used Rockbox with database enabled as my player for my music collection and used DeaDBeef for playing internet radio and downloaded podcasts and other "disposable" audio. I found I could have DeaDBeef save as playlists the urls for all the BBC high quality radio streams so I never had to use the abysmal BBC apps (which use Adobe Air and Flash and can't be backgrounded and also suck the life out of the battery in short time).

I thought Rockbox and DeaDBeef made for a highly capable audio player so long as you don't want to play DRM'd files such as Audible audio books. If I get another Android device both those apps will be getting installed right after set up.

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #87 of 633
Quote:
Has anyone used Rockbox for Android? It's a free app and is updated daily.  It can be found at http://rasher.dk/rockbox/android/. Just select your screen resolution to download the appropriate apk.

I've been using it for a long time and it similar to the player in sansa clip.

I have used it. I'm not currently using an Android device as my main music device, but when I do listen to one of my Androids, that is what I use most of the time. For a while on Android I was using the Jet Audio app so that I could play around with the various DSP effects made popular by Cowon players, and I do still have that installed, but now that I have an actual Cowon player in my stable, Rockbox is the default everywhere else(my two Clip Zips, my iPod 5.5G, my e280, and my Galaxy 5.0).

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #88 of 633
I use MixZing. Sounds good, and I like the UI.

Jun 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #89 of 633
Quote:
Has anyone used Rockbox for Android? It's a free app and is updated daily.  It can be found at http://rasher.dk/rockbox/android/. Just select your screen resolution to download the appropriate apk.

I've been using it for a long time and it similar to the player in sansa clip.

wow I did not know until I saw your post that rockbox is also having a version for the android?!! Yes immediately I installed the APK to my newly acquired Galaxy S and will post a comparo soon, I am in favor for PowerAmp BTW, is the neutrino player more better? and does this rockbox apk bypass the 16-bit 44.1 khz android limit? I would like to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back