Best android music player app?
Feb 15, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #391 of 633
Originally Posted by Thad-E-Ginathom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have searched. Honest.
redface.gif

But I have not found.

An update of digital-capable players, apart from UAPP, would be great. Please?

OK, so I searched and found (or rather, stumbled across) the thread on Android and DACs.

I also found the the thread all about UAPP.

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #394 of 633
I've been experimenting with my DragonFly 1.2 USB DAC, playing FLAC files under different conditions. It sounds best on my Galaxy S4 using USB Audio Player Pro. Better than even Foobar off my PC.

That says something. Beats Neutron, too.

Playing through Klipsch Image X7i earphones.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #395 of 633
Hi PinkyPower.

Could you tell me how do you connect your S4 to theDragonFly 1.2 USB DAC?

I have a DAC PORT LX that I use with my laptop but maybe I Could use with my phone.

Does The DragonFly 1.2 USB DAC and Dac port LX would drain the phone's battery?

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #396 of 633
I use a regular Micro to USB OTG cable, and a USB media player like USB Audio Player Pro.

And yes, it does drain the battery faster, so use modestly low impedance headphones, so the draw is not so bad. On my 50 Ohm Klipsch, I get hours and hours out of it. Something like 8 or 10. 10 might be pushing it.

Also, make sure you turn on USB Audio. For my S4, the feature is under My Device > Accessories > Audio Output Mode > Use External Speakers.

Not all DACs will work on your phone, but the S4 has quite a large number that do.

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #399 of 633
Correct. UAPP can output at full 24bit/192khz.

My DragonFly only does 24/96, and the player downsamples when the files are above that. It's an impressive app.

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #400 of 633
I think USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) is good, but I am having a little problem.

Currently, I am trying to use an Android tablet with my ifi Nano iDSD and Sony MDR-Z7.  To send audio signals from the tablet to the ifi, I am using UAPP.  When I use the program, it is excellent.  When I tried to use other programs, sometimes, I am having a problem.  For instance, Google Movie Player doesn't work properly.

Anyone having the same problem?

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #401 of 633
  I think USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) is good, but I am having a little problem. ...  When I tried to use other programs, sometimes, I am having a problem.  For instance, Google Movie Player doesn't work properly.

Remember that UAPP is a combination of player and drivers. it does not provide any drivers for other applications to use. If they are supported by your level of Android, they will work, regardless of UAPP, and, if not, they will not.

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #402 of 633
I think i have read somewhere that some player downsample (Poweramp and Neutron) the file from 24bit/192k to 24bit/96k.. But what if the phone is only capable output of 16bit/48k ? So this player (PowerAmp and Neutron) is use to bypass the internal limitation to 24bit/96k? While UAPP can bypass the 24bit/96k limitation only with connecting to external DAC? So if I were to use UAPP alone i won't be able to go higher than 24bit/96k? Hope I'm getting this right..

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #404 of 633
  I think i have read somewhere that some player downsample (Poweramp and Neutron) the file from 24bit/192k to 24bit/96k.. But what if the phone is only capable output of 16bit/48k ? So this player (PowerAmp and Neutron) is use to bypass the internal limitation to 24bit/96k? While UAPP can bypass the 24bit/96k limitation only with connecting to external DAC? So if I were to use UAPP alone i won't be able to go higher than 24bit/96k? Hope I'm getting this right..

No. PowerAmp and Neutron will only output at 16bit. It's not the DAC, but Android that is limited. At least it was. Lollipop is supposed to fix that, if your phone has that upgrade (mine doesn't). The DAC has plenty of its own limitations. Being stuck at 16bit is not a hardware issue this time, but software.

UAPP, however, bypasses all of this, when outputting to an external DAC. That's a large part of why it's such a fantastic choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back