Best android music player app?
Dec 7, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #376 of 633
All the curves are pretty decent! What kind of load did you use? Most of these tests use a passive resistive load. You will need a reactive load similar to the headphones you are using to get the real story. Either that, or listen to them and decide. Even the rolled off response curve will probably not bother people in their 40s and above.

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #377 of 633
  If someone's missed it, foobar is building a music player for android/ios (and maybe wp8.1). Might be something to look into. 

It's crowdsourced so if you think they will do a good job you can contribute and get alpha/beta access. (I haven't though, waiting for full release)

I wish I could contribute to the project. Do you reckon that the the full release will be free?

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #379 of 633
  U can contribute http://mobile.foobar2000.com/

Thanks, but you needn't provide me the link. I don't have the means to contribute. why do you think I'm hoping that it'd be free?
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #380 of 633
Thanks, but you needn't provide me the link. I don't have the means to contribute. Why do you think I'm hoping that it'd be free? 
tongue_smile.gif
 but they're crowdsourcing so I suppose it will be free. Do they have an estimated release date?

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #381 of 633
UAPP or neutron?

I just tried them, I can't tell a difference between the two on closed headphones. This is in default settings for both, with volume on max. For some reason when I leave UAPP app to do something else, I can't find the UAPP app again from side menu.

Edit: After further testing on in-ear headphones, I can confirm UAPP is better sounding.

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #383 of 633
music files stored on a 2TB USB hard disk drive connected to a RAVPower RP-WD01 Filehub >> Wi-Fi link >> Samsung Galaxy S3 using USB Audio Player PRO >> iFi nano iDSD USB DAC/amp >> headphones

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/5325#post_10867634

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #385 of 633
Hey guys, I'm a new audio enthusiast and still learning how to get the best sound out of my Samsung s5. I'm gonna try neuron, and I've tried power amp. I'm using the shure se215 Ltd headphones and am now curious about the uapp player. It needs an android usb player that you connect externally via cable? Is that correct? And what is a good recommended player to go along with the uapp player? Sorry if I sound too much like a noob, but I'm very interested in exploring music options, and this is the place to be and ask! Thank you guys. Also, with my shure in-ears and power amp, the bass is awesome, but the voice is tin-can sounding.....any suggestions?

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #386 of 633
What you need is an external USB DAC/headphone amp combination. These can be two separate boxes or a combined box. No experience of the headphones you are using but Shure do make nice headphones. May be a new DAC and amp will make the vocals less like tin can sounding? Make sure the DAC can play back 24 bit 192 kHz files if you think this is something you will be interested in or DSD if you are interested in that format.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #387 of 633
Hi friends.

I have a Galaxy S5 and the best for me is UAPP.

Most of the time use just the headphone that comes with the phone but when I'm in my desk use the S5 >> Fiio E17 >> Yuin PK1. The sound is really good for me.

I've been using the headphone out but I would like to buy an OTG cable soon to use the USB out, some of you said that is better than the headphone out.

Can you tell me what cable could I buy in Amazon, please.

Have you try the S5 and Fiio E18?

Thanks.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #388 of 633
Hi.
My views:
Neutron>>Gonemad>Poweramp.
What I miss in neutron is tag edition feature that poweramp offers.
Not used UAPP though. Is it better than neutron in terms of pure SQ? (without any external amp or DAC)

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #389 of 633
Hi friends.

I have a Galaxy S5 and the best for me is UAPP.

Most of the time use just the headphone that comes with the phone but when I'm in my desk use the S5 >> Fiio E17 >> Yuin PK1. The sound is really good for me.

I've been using the headphone out but I would like to buy an OTG cable soon to use the USB out, some of you said that is better than the headphone out.

Can you tell me what cable could I buy in Amazon, please.

Have you try the S5 and Fiio E18?

Thanks.

I would expect any OTG cable to work. The may be some "audiophile" versions available but the jury is still out on audiophile USB cables.

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #390 of 633
Bound to be "audiophile versions," and if not, there will be
wink_face.gif

But I found this thread in my quest for digital output from Android.  The last time I tried some such stuff, it was a complete failure, but yesterday I downloaded the free-trial of USB Audio Player Pro, plugged in a HiFiMeDIY dirt-cheap dac/amp --- and got sound. Then I tried it with my ODAC --- and got sound even without a powered hub, via my ifi iCAN. Very nice sound.

I know this is not news to many people here, because my search arrived ten pages ago in this thread, but it is new that this thing works with the stuff I happen to have :) (Source: Asus Fonepad). It's a geeky project; I won't even use it much, unless I'm in bed with the flu for a week, but I want it to work, and I'm happy (small things :wink: ) that it does.

What I would like now is a choice. Obviously, there are dozens of audio players. Maybe it isn't too hard to put a UI on the underlying Android capability. Or something like that. What is hard to get to grips with, even in this thread, is What Plays USB Digital Out?

I have searched. Honest.
redface.gif

But I have not found.

An update of digital-capable players, apart from UAPP, would be great. Please?

EDIT: I searched and found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back