Best android music player app?
Jan 9, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #542 of 633
Sound wise, I personally like..

1. Neutron
2. Poweramp (Alpha Build)
3. Radsone DCT
4. Onkyo HF Player
5. Planktone

I also have V4A, both fx & xHiFi installed on my phone. But I rarely use them with players mentioned above. I only use V4A with BlackPlayer EX.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #543 of 633
Do any of the android apps support the m4b (apple audiobook format)?  If so which ones?  Also any of them support true gapless?  I'm after a player that basically is as seamless as the ios one but not on the ipod if that makes sense.  Don't have a player atm but looking at either the cayin i5 or the upcoming fiio x5 III.

Thanks

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #544 of 633
  Do any of the android apps support the m4b (apple audiobook format)?  If so which ones?  Also any of them support true gapless?  I'm after a player that basically is as seamless as the ios one but not on the ipod if that makes sense.  Don't have a player atm but looking at either the cayin i5 or the upcoming fiio x5 III.

Thanks

I never heard of m4b, but, if you can send me a sample of it offline I can try it on USB Audio Player Pro.  

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #545 of 633

Thanks

UAPP can't play m4b formats, i just checked a sample file.

Edit : You can download Audiobook player / Smart Audiobook Player from Playstore, they can play m4b formats...

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #546 of 633
  UAPP can't play m4b formats, i just checked a sample file.

Edit : You can download Audiobook player / Smart Audiobook Player from Playstore, they can play m4b formats...

Thanks for checking.  It's a toss up between the cayin i5, or the sony a35 with the sony a bit in the lead. 

Thanks.

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #547 of 633
is there any chance of foobar free app bypassing the Android system and providing the same functionality as Uapp. currently only hiby player is free and bypasses the Android system.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #548 of 633
Is there a way to use Spotify on Android but also bypassing the internal DAC/Amp? I must say the sound that come out of my Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 is just awful, I don't know what's wrong with it, as I tried IEMs, MA900 (has Impedance compensator) and slightly higher Impedance cans, it still sounds awful. No matter what player I use.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #549 of 633
is there any chance of foobar free app bypassing the Android system and providing the same functionality as Uapp. currently only hiby player is free and bypasses the Android system.

The big issue so far with Hiby is the playback order on network if you playing an album everything is alphabetical and not track # the technical support is aware of this issue, waiting for a fix, This is very problematic for Opera and so on

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #550 of 633
Wow! The beta build of PowerAmp for Android sounds amazing! Hibby and others are getting uninstalled. There are so many ways to tweak it under the hood. I'm running it with with an Axon 7 with 1More triple drivers .(The surround virtualizer section of the Dolby Atmos on this phone actually sounds pretty amazing as a side note) This build of PowerAmp is night and day light years ahead of the current stable build.  The tweak to use high-res output is really sweet and plays well with the Axon 7.

Here's the kicker: With the really decent dac/sound-chip in this phone and the new PowerAmp, I am not even using my Fiio portable amp, which sounded much better than my LG phone, but makes no discernible improvement with this new setup.

Check out the the new beta build of PowerAmp.

And, if you happen to have the Axon 7, try the surround virtualizer section in Dolby Atmos. It's a really hard thing to get right, but this new version of Dolby did a excellent job. But for god's sake, turn off the volume leveler, too aggressive and squishy.....volume normalization produces too many artifacts for me. With the right settings in PowerAmp they play really well together. I haven't been able to stop listening to this combo all day!

May 9, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #551 of 633
Default Samsung Music app is surprisingly good on the S8. It's outputting FLAC at the correct sample rate. Given the limitations of my DFR I can't only confirm DSD output up to 96khz

However I can't get the volume as high with Samsung Music as with UAPP through the DAC. My HD650's actually sound better through the onboard DAC due to volume restraints with Samsung Music app and the DFR

May 24, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #552 of 633
Neutron users, is it possible to add music (songs, whole folders) to Now Playing/queue (it's called dynamic playlist, I think)? The last I checked it had only playlists creation and I can't recheck as my eval is long over.

May 28, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #553 of 633
I neuton find it a bit tiring as sound, the medium high a bit high, I currently use jetaudio and I find it very balanced as sound, a free player bypassing the android session?

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #554 of 633
hi
my phone doesn't play opus files
is there an application that can play them?

and just a question are only the application with their own codec that play better then other applications?

thanks

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #555 of 633
^
JetAudio & Neutron can play OPUS file format. I believe GoneMad and PowerAmp can as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back