Best android music player app?
Nov 29, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #526 of 633
Best free music apps I like are hibymusic & captune, captune is my new favourite currently try it guys. Ui is pretty crap but sound quality is amazing, atleast for me tried so so many.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #527 of 633
  An update of HibyMusic has been released!

Hiby Music Player is a free lossless HiFi audio player which is designed for audiophile and music fans. User may play DSD files from net driver (like Dropbox/DLNA/LAN) directly with native DSD support.

What's new:
1.Start speed improved
2.Native support for DSD5.6
3.Support for 24bit
4.Lyrics support
5.Better adapted to DAC
6.Download&delete sound plugin supported
7.Switch DAC software&hardware volume manually
8.Rename and remove playlist supported
9.Customize download directory supported
10.Added car-machine mode
11.Added error report
12.Removed exit function when returning
13.Modified LAN path display
14.Modified a direct jump to the play page after clicking song
15.Bugs fixes
16.Android 7.0 supported

Download on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en

I went ahead and tried it, but although it says it installed at Google Store, it is nowhere to be found on my device. Any ideas why that is happening?

Terry

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #528 of 633
Power amp alpha version is working great on s7 edge...sound better than all players..now i can use my phone as source without harsh.thanks god
Its the link
http://www.apkmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/uploaded/5748e8ef87023/com.maxmpz.audioplayer_alpha-build-704-uni-704_minAPI9(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

Plus it has 100 step volume control! Awesome.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #529 of 633
tbritton Is there a button to open the app from the play store then?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 1, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #530 of 633
@tbritton Is there a button to open the app from the play store then?

You know, I was relying upon the Android App Store as accessed from my PC, not from the Android itself. 

Sure enough, I went to the Android Play Store from my Nexus 7, and it did not show up as installed there.

Installing it now. This is the second time this week I missed the obvious completely - time to get that brain transplant I've been saving up for!

Thanks for giving a jump-start to what is left of my brain! :)

Terry

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #531 of 633
Power amp alpha version is working great on s7 edge...sound better than all players..now i can use my phone as source without harsh.thanks god
Its the link
http://www.apkmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/uploaded/5748e8ef87023/com.maxmpz.audioplayer_alpha-build-704-uni-704_minAPI9(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

Thanks for this.  I didn't know build 704 was out.  This is great.  I love the sound I get from PowerAmp, with the EQ and Tone controls, I can dial in just what I like.  

Just a little disappointed that is still tells me I'm using a Snapdragon 24-bit DAC, when in my LG V10 I know it's an ESS Sabre 32-bit DAC.  

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #534 of 633
Are there any apps that can connect to my NAS at home? I have a Synology, and while they do provide the DS Audio app, I'm looking for other options. 

Hiby should...? :smile:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music

Just scroll to the LAN tab and search for your NAS.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 15, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #536 of 633
  @Joe Bloggs Sorry I meant access my NAS that is physically at home, while I'm away. Say at work, so it won't be LAN. Would need to access it over wifi. From the looks of it Hiby only supports playing over LAN?

No it supports over wifi. LAN is just the name for accessing these stuffs.

Dec 15, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #537 of 633
  @Joe Bloggs Sorry I meant access my NAS that is physically at home, while I'm away. Say at work, so it won't be LAN. Would need to access it over wifi. From the looks of it Hiby only supports playing over LAN?

I would recommend getting an Amazon or Google Music thing going on for your collection if you want to listen from work to your stuff.

The Amazon storage permits a huge, huge, huge amount of storage (250,000 songs) for around 25-bucks per yearYou can upload up to 250 songs to Amazon's "My Music" for free to try out the service first.

Here is the list of supported file formats:  .mp3, .m4a

For these file types, only eligible files that match Amazon's catalog can be uploaded:  .wma, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .aiff

For Amazon, I use Foobar2000 to convert my files to .mp3 at 256kbps just for uploading, then get rid of those temp files.

Google Play is free, for that part. Upload using Chrome or upload using their app for PC or Mac. Here is the link to the Google Play Music storage limits, currently set at 50,000 songs.

Here is the list of Google Play supported file types: .mp3, .aac, .wma, .flac, .ogg, DRM protected AAC (.m4p), ALAC (.m4a)
Some music file types, including WAV (.wav), AIFF (.aiff), and RA (.r) can’t be uploaded to your library using Music Manager or Google Play Music for Chrome.

For Google Play, I use Foobar2000 to convert my .wav files to .flac just for uploading, then usually get rid of those temp files.

Google has the highest streaming bitrate at 320kbps, with Amazon at 256kbps.

Terry

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #538 of 633
  No it supports over wifi. LAN is just the name for accessing these stuffs.

Well wifi can be part of a LAN(Local Area Network). According to Hiby's app page you need to be connected to the LAN the UPnP/DLNA server is on. 

Quote:

I would recommend getting an Amazon or Google Music thing going on for your collection if you want to listen from work to your stuff.

The Amazon storage permits a huge, huge, huge amount of storage (250,000 songs) for around 25-bucks per yearYou can upload up to 250 songs to Amazon's "My Music" for free to try out the service first.

Here is the list of supported file formats:  .mp3, .m4a

For these file types, only eligible files that match Amazon's catalog can be uploaded:  .wma, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .aiff

For Amazon, I use Foobar2000 to convert my files to .mp3 at 256kbps just for uploading, then get rid of those temp files.

Google Play is free, for that part. Upload using Chrome or upload using their app for PC or Mac. Here is the link to the Google Play Music storage limits, currently set at 50,000 songs.

Here is the list of Google Play supported file types: .mp3, .aac, .wma, .flac, .ogg, DRM protected AAC (.m4p), ALAC (.m4a)
Some music file types, including WAV (.wav), AIFF (.aiff), and RA (.r) can’t be uploaded to your library using Music Manager or Google Play Music for Chrome.

For Google Play, I use Foobar2000 to convert my .wav files to .flac just for uploading, then usually get rid of those temp files.

Google has the highest streaming bitrate at 320kbps, with Amazon at 256kbps.

Terry

Very good to know, though it seems like I may just keep with Synology's DS Audio app as it lets me stream lossless. Is there no way to force stream FLAC on Google Music? It's always transcoded to MP3?

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #539 of 633
  Very good to know, though it seems like I may just keep with Synology's DS Audio app as it lets me stream lossless. Is there no way to force stream FLAC on Google Music? It's always transcoded to MP3?

For the occasional use at work, 320kbps mp3 is nothing to be scoffed at, IMHO.

There actually are some methods for streaming your own "radio station" out there, using a personal server, but that is not as convenient as these solutions are.

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back