Best Accurate, Detailed, Clear and Neutral Headphones $1K-5K
May 27, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #31 of 78
They sound nothing alike.
As a matter of fact, its possible that some who were treble scarred by the AWKT, which is an astounding Treble machine, with no bass response, have "thought", well, ive heard those "high end " A-TECHS, and they have blistering treble..

Well, not so with the ADX5000.

When i first heard it, after owning the AWKT, i was waiting for that treble to explode.
However, i had hoped that the many reviews i read that supported the perspective that this gear was not that were true,..........and this proved to be the reality.
Its certainly not treble recessed.....

The first thing i noticed about the ADX5000 upon strapping it on , was the Bass response, that was very extended and detailed and perfect.
Z-Reviews, said the gear is the king of neutral, and what he meant to say is that its the Lord of Clarity., as its definitely not a reserved or dull or lame or flat, sonic experience.
Its a mirror.
It accurately shows your ears what your music is providing.
It has an openness in the upper FR that is dynamic, but not like a Hifiman that is bright.
You just have to hear it, to understand the distinction.
Cool story, bro. But I didn't say they sound alike and I didn't ask for a comparison.

May 27, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #34 of 78
@KING DRANZER , maybe you can find other candidates for your budget in the thread of my friend @FYFL (link). You can also find a lot of info about the ADX5000 that @FullBright1 suggested.
Plenty of comparison there among other topics. Which makes for exhausting read. Lol
As to ADX5K sonic characteristics. Probably the most linear, analytically tuned headphones I have ever heard.
Brutally honest. Which might not be a good thing if your music is mastering fiasco. If you want color? There is 99 percent of headphones on the market that will give you that. All you have to do is to pick up a color of the rainbow that suits your mood.
Speaking of color. I was pleasantly surprised with Maze Empys on certain qualities and might pull a trigger on those polarizing headphones. Honestly, I couldn’t care less how polarizing they are since I personally dig it.
If you own Empys, try this track and crank up the volume. You will be impressed, I promise.
5939B3C6-55A9-41C9-A7B4-CEF1E2D95A86.jpeg

May 27, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #35 of 78
As to ADX5K sonic characteristics. Probably the most linear, analytically tuned headphones I have ever heard.
Brutally honest. Which might not be a good thing if your music is mastering fiasco. I
Speaking of color. I was pleasantly surprised with Maze Empys on certain qualities and might pull a trigger on those polarizing headphones. Honestly, I couldn’t care less how polarizing they are
You are right on the money.

If you want truth as sonics then the ADX5000 is endgame clarity on steroids.
And the Meze Emps are great.
Everything sounds good through them, nearly always.
King of comfort, also.
Metal571 defined the MZ Emp's as ....>"a $1500 USD sound inside a $6000 USD frame".
Maybe so, but ......as of May '2021, a $1500 headphone sound is a $8,000 headphone sound 6 yrs ago.
The sonic paradigm, regarding the quality of current headphone sound, has really shifted forward, that much, in a very short time.
Now if all companies can get that cable issue and that comfort issue dialed in, ..............
Still waiting on that one.

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #36 of 78
You are right on the money.

If you want truth as sonics then the ADX5000 is endgame clarity on steroids.
And the Meze Emps are great.
Everything sounds good through them, nearly always.
King of comfort, also.
Metal571 defined the MZ Emp's as ....>"a $1500 USD sound inside a $6000 USD frame".
Maybe so, but ......as of May '2021, a $1500 headphone sound is a $8,000 headphone sound 6 yrs ago.
The sonic paradigm, regarding the quality of current headphone sound, has really shifted forward, that much, in a very short time.
Now if all companies can get that cable issue and that comfort issue dialed in, ..............
Still waiting on that one.
Yup. ADX5000 for truth. Maze for relaxing fun. Despite less than favorable reviews from my favorite reviewers with which I agree on most things. Empys are one of very few exceptions.

May 27, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #37 of 78
Yup. ADX5000 for truth. Maze for relaxing fun. Despite less than favorable reviews from my favorite reviewers with which I agree on most things. Empys are one of very few exceptions.

Some reviewers have an issue with ; "if it does not sound like Audeze, Hifiman, Abyss" then it can't be great.
Not true.
The MZEmp's are great, the ADX5000s are great.

"Great" does not mean that everyone is going to love them...
If that turns out to be the case, then list them, sell them, and try again.

May 27, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #38 of 78
Some reviewers have an issue with ; "if it does not sound like Audeze, Hifiman, Abyss" then it can't be great.
Not true.
The MZEmp's are great, the ADX5000s are great.

"Great" does not mean that everyone is going to love them...
If that turns out to be the case, then list them, sell them, and try again.
Agree.

May 27, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #39 of 78
Yeah he is picking up Z1R for relaxed listening. Meze Empyrean is good but for being a daily driver and for casual listening on a couch and stuff will it handle that kind of rough usage. Z1R have proven itself over time to be put through rough situation but Empyrean is yet to do so specially being ES. Well that is what pushed me away from it. If it were to be handled properly I would have no problem recommending it but not suitable for his use case.

May 27, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #40 of 78
Haven’t heard Z1Rs so can’t comment on it.
Empys look well build and I haven’t heard about any red flags regarding build or driver failure/imbalance. They’re overpriced IMHO. But it doesn’t mean that they’re not special in their own way. Among flagships, there’s plenty to choose from for just about everyone. Maze is just one of the flavors. That’s how I look at it.
They also seem to have very little distortion which helps with showcasing dynamic range and micro dynamics. Or it’s just my imagination. Who knows. :wink:

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #41 of 78
Haven’t heard Z1Rs so can’t comment on it.
Empys look well build and I haven’t heard about any red flags regarding build or driver failure/imbalance. They’re overpriced IMHO. But it doesn’t mean that they’re not special in their own way. Among flagships, there’s plenty to choose from for just about everyone. Maze is just one of the flavors. That’s how I look at it.
They also seem to have very little distortion which helps with showcasing dynamic range and micro dynamics. Or it’s just my imagination. Who knows. :wink:
I mean for quality of material and performance itself I would not consider it to be overpriced. But as I said it needs to be given bit more time to prove itself. Like probably given 2-3more years and I would comfortably recommend it. But for now I guess Z1R is sufficiently matched and proven for his given requirements.

May 27, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #43 of 78
Dear @FYFL, is mEzE and not Maze :wink: You have to put two "E's" there, like in this joke we are having in Empys thread about some pics (of a supposed upcoming Empyreans model) that posted @Antonio Meze in social media.
Me and autocorrect don’t really get alone. And my fat fingers are not helping either. Lol
And yeah, I saw the latest from Meze. Nice tease. Anyone have any idea what that might be about?
I hope that tech from OG Empys will scale down to something more obtainable.

May 27, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #44 of 78
Also. If and when I get Empys, I’ll give them an in depth, scrupulous evaluation in my thread. At this moment, I am trying to figure out how to raise funds and what I can sell to make it happened.

May 27, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #45 of 78
I mean for quality of material and performance itself I would not consider it to be overpriced. But as I said it needs to be given bit more time to prove itself. Like probably given 2-3more years and I would comfortably recommend it. But for now I guess Z1R is sufficiently matched and proven for his given requirements.
I’ve hear good things about Z1Rs. Unfortunately, never had a chance to give them a listen.
Maybe one day…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back