Best Accurate, Detailed, Clear and Neutral Headphones $1K-5K
May 25, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 78
I'll second that. Look no further.

^^^^^^^^ Fact
-
-
The result of Japanese craftsmanship and expert engineering :
  • Japanese craftsmanship: Each housing is carefully hand assembled in Tokyo
  • Tungsten-coated diaphragm provides high rigidity for an improved transient response
  • Integrated driver unit design combines diaphragm, voice coil, baffle and magnet in single unit to reduce unwanted vibration
  • Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser etched serial number and comes with a specially designed hard carrying case
  • Newly developed Core Mount Technology places driver unit in optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
  • Magnesium frame results in rigid, thin, lightweight construction
  • New honeycomb-punched housing design blocks side ventilation to prevent undesirable air pressure loss
  • Luxurious Alcantara material used on earpads and headband, providing amazing comfort and durability
  • Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug
  • -
-
ath-adx5000_03.png

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #19 of 78
Currently this is the list of headphones I am considering.

1. Focal Utopia
2. Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000
3. Abyss AB-1266(Not Neutral But Extremely Detailed)

Focal Utopia is consider the most neutral headphone with smooth treble roll-off. Great Detail, Clear and Accurate.

Audio Technica ADX5000 has mixed reviews which is confusing some are considering it to be neutral and some are considering it to be bit laid back in mids. That is confusing. Treble is considered to be bright but not harsh and sadly nothing about its roll-off but I expect it to be smooth and not steep. Bass is also bright. Great Detail, Clear and Accurate. It has better Sound-stage than Focal Utopia but as I explained I am not weighing in sound-stage on equal standards of the other major aspects.

Abyss AB-1266 is stated to be treble forward and with a steep roll-off. Not what I am looking for. But then is highly rated for Detail, Clarity and Accuracy.

Are there any other headphone recommendations which suit the requirements.

May 26, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #20 of 78
Currently this is the list of headphones I am considering.

1. Focal Utopia
2. Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000
3. Abyss AB-1266(Not Neutral But Extremely Detailed)

Focal Utopia is consider the most neutral headphone with smooth treble roll-off. Great Detail, Clear and Accurate.

Audio Technica ADX5000 has mixed reviews which is confusing some are considering it to be neutral and some are considering it to be bit laid back in mids. That is confusing. Treble is considered to be bright but not harsh and sadly nothing about its roll-off but I expect it to be smooth and not steep. Bass is also bright.

A Tech ADX5000.

Has no treble roll off, no recessed mids, and the bass is full and detailed and extended.
The ADX5000 does not eq the mids, such as you find with Abyss or Audeze , as they both supply extra midrange.
The ADX5000 does not create what isn't in the music. It only reveals it as it sounds.
The gear is a sonic mirror.
People who are not used to hearing such astounding clarity might confuses this as "bright".

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #22 of 78
My advice is do not looking at summit-fi headphones if you're searching for neutrality. ^^

Better look for great Hi-fi headphones instead if your request is serious as written.

I'm not experienced enough to give a serious advice in all said terms combined, i've to say. :wink:

Ime, it depends on the listener what all these attributes means to him.
Even another daytime could change perceptions rapidly.

May 26, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #23 of 78
ADX5000 or the much overlooked ATH-AWKT.

They sound nothing alike.
As a matter of fact, its possible that some who were treble scarred by the AWKT, which is an astounding Treble machine, with no bass response, have "thought", well, ive heard those "high end " A-TECHS, and they have blistering treble..

Well, not so with the ADX5000.

When i first heard it, after owning the AWKT, i was waiting for that treble to explode.
However, i had hoped that the many reviews i read that supported the perspective that this gear was not that were true,..........and this proved to be the reality.
Its certainly not treble recessed.....

The first thing i noticed about the ADX5000 upon strapping it on , was the Bass response, that was very extended and detailed and perfect.
Z-Reviews, said the gear is the king of neutral, and what he meant to say is that its the Lord of Clarity., as its definitely not a reserved or dull or lame or flat, sonic experience.
Its a mirror.
It accurately shows your ears what your music is providing.
It has an openness in the upper FR that is dynamic, but not like a Hifiman that is bright.
You just have to hear it, to understand the distinction.

May 26, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #24 of 78

If you're spending more than ~$400 on studio monitor headphones, you're doing it wrong.

May 26, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #26 of 78
Finally it is Utopia vs ADX5000.

I guess as not many other recommendations coming in I think these are the best out there. Will check on them this weekend.
Im listening to the Utopia right now.
How does it differ from the Lord of Clarity?
Well, the Utopia adds sweetness to its overall sonic revelation, as compared to the ADX5000's mirror of stark reality sonics.

Tranlation : Utopia delivers more wet and rich, as compared to the ADX5000's more straight wire naked "stark" presentation.
The Utopia has less soundstage and leather cups.
The ADX5000 has slightly more low end extension, but that does not mean that the Utopia's reach into the Sub region isn't fabulous, as it is certainly "reference" low end.
Neither of these sets of Headphones are trying to create the illusion of "sub-woofer", yet both have a fine fine reference bass response.
The Utopia has a taste of the Focal upper mids, and the ADX5000 has nothing like this at all.
Both offer sound that is immersive and engaging, yet, approach this revelation in completely different ways.
The ADX5000 is more comfy on your head.
Both Gears love female vocals, however the ADX5000 loves them most of all.

You can sit for hours just swapping them back and forth, digging into your favorite Trx, and forget the world exists.
A quiet room is an absolute must.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #27 of 78
What are the Best Accurate, Detailed, Clear and Neutral Headphones between $1K to $5K. He is purchasing Sennheiser HD800S for Gaming, SONY Z1R for casual laid back listening and Focal Stellia for Regular work and stuff. But is still looking for Headphones for his Pro grade work where he needs Accurate, Detailed, Clear and Neutral listening experience. Can be Closed-bak or Open-back and specifically Soundstage need not be prioratized over Accuracy of Imaging. He is waiting on upcoming Manhattan/Violectric V590 which will be his main driver.
My money would be on Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000.

May 26, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #28 of 78
My money would be on Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000.
Its a bit of coin to buy both of these, if you buy them "new".
Still quite a bit invested, to get them pre-owned.
If a person has this type of potential purchasing power, then you'd have to consider the Susvara.
That's just reality.
If you have the money for a pre-owned Utopia, then the ADX5000 is a must consider.
/
More listeners have heard the Focal sound, and the Utopia is that sound, perfected.
Andrew and Chrono, said that they felt the Utopia's upper upper mids/low treble were not timbre'ly on the money, whatever that means.., while nearly all other reviews of the Utopia claim its tonality across the board is mostly neutral and mostly uncolored.
I find it to have slightly more high end FR, then i'd vote as neutral, yet, i'd not review it as a "bright" sounding gear.
A person just has to hear it for themselves, ...... as you can't know until you know for certain using your own ears.

The ADX5000 is the mystery gear, and its sound is unlike any other set of headphones.
Andrew at "the headphone show", reviewed it as a ToTL contender, yet, he really was perplexed by its unique sonic signature.
Like most reviewers who are still learning, he needs to be able to say..>"well, in general, it sounds like a "....and in this case, the ADX-5000, sounds like nothing he's heard before, so,.....................................
He could hear that this was no ordinary audiophile gear, but he really could not quite put his finger on it, even using all his charts and best guess.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #29 of 78
Its a bit of coin to buy both of these, if you buy them "new".
Still quite a bit invested, to get them pre-owned.
If a person has this type of potential purchasing power, then you'd have to consider the Susvara.
That's just reality.
If you have the money for a pre-owned Utopia, then the ADX5000 is a must consider.
/
More listeners have heard the Focal sound, and the Utopia is that sound, perfected.
Andrew and Chrono, said that they felt the Utopia's upper upper mids/low treble were not timbre'ly on the money, whatever that means.., while nearly all other reviews of the Utopia claim its tonality across the board is mostly neutral and mostly uncolored.
I find it to have slightly more high end FR, then i'd vote as neutral, yet, i'd not review it as a "bright" sounding gear.
A person just has to hear it for themselves, ...... as you can't know until you know for certain using your own ears.

The ADX5000 is the mystery gear, and its sound is unlike any other set of headphones.
Andrew at "the headphone show", reviewed it as a ToTL contender, yet, he really was perplexed by its unique sonic signature.
Like most reviewers who are still learning, he needs to be able to say..>"well, in general, it sounds like a "....and in this case, the ADX-5000, sounds like nothing he's heard before, so,.....................................
He could hear that this was no ordinary audiophile gear, but he really could not quite put his finger on it, even using all his charts and best guess.
The ADX5000 is superior in both sound and form-factor over the HD800s and Utopia - for my preferences. I absolutely love it. Also, being high-impedance it's a great pairing with tube gear. I prefer dynamic headphones over planar, for the most part, as they just sound more 'real' to me. YMMV.

May 27, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #30 of 78
Im listening to the Utopia right now.
How does it differ from the Lord of Clarity?
Well, the Utopia adds sweetness to its overall sonic revelation, as compared to the ADX5000's mirror of stark reality sonics.

Tranlation : Utopia delivers more wet and rich, as compared to the ADX5000's more straight wire naked "stark" presentation.
The Utopia has less soundstage and leather cups.
The ADX5000 has slightly more low end extension, but that does not mean that the Utopia's reach into the Sub region isn't fabulous, as it is certainly "reference" low end.
Neither of these sets of Headphones are trying to create the illusion of "sub-woofer", yet both have a fine fine reference bass response.
The Utopia has a taste of the Focal upper mids, and the ADX5000 has nothing like this at all.
Both offer sound that is immersive and engaging, yet, approach this revelation in completely different ways.
The ADX5000 is more comfy on your head.
Both Gears love female vocals, however the ADX5000 loves them most of all.

You can sit for hours just swapping them back and forth, digging into your favorite Trx, and forget the world exists.
A quiet room is an absolute must.
DAC+AMP also matters what are you using to drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back