Beoplay E8
Feb 25, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #256 of 581
Just bought another E8 directly from B&O website. I got the new limited edition.

I am still in the testing phase and I want to see if there are any diff in Sq between the just release limited edition and their normal edition. They are the same price. Have 30 days return window. Nothing to lose, only knowledge and fun to gain. I will report back here.

I am liking the E8 SQ. Audiophile enuff for me. In fact better than a lot of wired headphones here that are selling much more.

Please do report back. I am on my second pair from Amazon and I still have a lingering suspicion that the left side is stronger than the right side.
I would be VERY curious to know if the batch from the limited edition possibly has some build fixes incorporated to eliminate some of these problems

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #257 of 581
I can confirm the lest side is slightly stronger than the right. The vocal (depends on recording) goes to 11 o’clock, not dead center like my other CIEM. I thought is a comply issue, change comply and still the same. Which is why I buy another one, a new edition. I suspect they increase the magnetic field power so the left side won’t drop out but over done it. I dunno.. just guessing.

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #258 of 581
Yes - this is the same problem/sensation I am having as well (and others have also mentioned). Actually 11 o'clock is an accurate description.

Your supposition "I suspect they increase the magnetic field power so the left side won’t drop out but over done it" is actually an interesting analysis. I do not know if it is correct however it is an interesting concept you propose for the explanation as to why

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #259 of 581
Adventures in wireless land.

Went to the grocery store this morning. Playing the usual crap music I would never tune into, nor stream. I had on my person Apple's wired Earpods and B&O E8.

Decision time.

Normally, one would think to use the wired headphones for speed and low mental overhead compared to wireless. But it felt too troublesome to take the headphones out of the pouch and commence the untangling of wires. So I elected to pop open the E8 case, pluck out each bud and insert them in turn. DONE!

In a flash, the crap music faded away and was replaced with tunes I enjoy. Selecting groceries was never so satisfying.

Feb 25, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #261 of 581
Mar 1, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #262 of 581
The limited edition is the same as the normal edition. No upgrade or improvement. Only diff is the color. Return.

On my quest to find the best wireless audiophile IEM for voice call and traveling. I have decided to expand my search into those neckband wireless ANC. I just picked up the Sony WI-1000X. OMG.. the sound.

Mar 1, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #264 of 581
I don’t know how these things can be called wireless when they very clearly have wires.

Mar 1, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #265 of 581
The limited edition is the same as the normal edition. No upgrade or improvement. Only diff is the color. Return.

On my quest to find the best wireless audiophile IEM for voice call and traveling. I have decided to expand my search into those neckband wireless ANC. I just picked up the Sony WI-1000X. OMG.. the sound.

Much appreciated on the info.

Mar 1, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #266 of 581
Mar 11, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #267 of 581
I have been a lurker for a few years here but thought I would finally join in to reply to this post. I have seen several people complain about the lack of volume with the B&O E8s. I too felt the volume was rather low for my taste until I used the right earbud to increase the volume. I thought that it would control the volume from my android phone but found that the volume slider was right where I had left it. I also discovered the volume control in the Beoplay app.

So, not sure if I missed it reading through all of these posts or if I am adding something of value.

Cheers

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #268 of 581
So I am in Hong Kong at the moment and amongst the myriad of wireless IEMs are a pair by Nakamichi

I used to have a nakamichi tape deck, was my first High end hifi purchase. But I thought the brand had died

Quite cheap too. Only aus$150

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #269 of 581
So I am in Hong Kong at the moment and amongst the myriad of wireless IEMs are a pair by Nakamichi

I used to have a nakamichi tape deck, was my first High end hifi purchase. But I thought the brand had died

Quite cheap too. Only aus$150

And how does that relate to Beoplay E8 ?

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #270 of 581
I'm realizing how rich the Beoplay E8 sound without a perfect seal.

I've been testing with Spiral Dots in Medium and they're mounted now. Seal's not perfect. I hear the murmur of people talking several seats down on the railroad. But turning on my sound and elevating volume they are less intrusive.

The loudspeaker announcements coming through too loud and clear, but it struck me that I've got decent bass gong on along with the rest of the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back