Benjie Offical Thread
Nov 2, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2,041 of 2,126
Hi guys, I've become the recent owner of an X5 and have issues loading up a 128Gb SD card. I'm using a Samsung EVO 128Gb card and use Media Monkey to sync playlists to the card. I've loaded up just over 7k songs comprising of mp3's and FLAC files (about 60Gb total), but it seems that if I fill over ~48Gb, the player gets all weird with my playlists. Examples include track skipping, not being able to load up some playlists at all, having only a few songs on a playlist, even though there should be much more and sometimes when I want to load up a playlist, it ignores it and just starts playing the first song on its "library" of 4000 songs (limit). I have a K9 and haven't had these issues, although I have not tried a 128Gb CD card in it. Is it because the X5 player can't take this capacity, even though it's advertised to be capable of utilising this size of SD card? Or should I not be using Media Monkey to sync my playlists/music files for this player? Any tips warmly welcomed, as I've been re-synching so many times with the same issues, it's driving me nuts!

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #2,043 of 2,126
Are the T1 and T6 considered as the 'flagship' DAPs of Benjie (also, why no T2-T5)?
T6 used to be considered a flagship, as it was the most expensive and most feature packed. Don't know about K1 (can't seem to find a T1 model), but personally, if I were looking at their newer releases, I'd consider X5 instead. It's also got a touch screen (a bit bigger than K1) and Bluetooth, price wise I think it's similar, but it supports removable SD cards - a useful feature the K1 doesn't have.
EDIT: OK, I found the T1. It's not a touch screen device, so you can ignore everything I said before.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #2,044 of 2,126
I just got the AGPTek C2 AKA the Benjie K11, also known as the Benjie A12 in a few places.
I'm really enjoying it so far, the screens pretty decent @240x320 its a nice boost over other Benjie's that have even lower res screens, it has a very nippy and responsive UI, displays most album art, and also displays more characters on screen.
EQ settings are the exactly same as the S5's, and to me they even sound the same as the S5's, it does have the same ATJ2129 SoC onboard mind.

It came almost fully charged, I've been using it almost all day while carrying out some chores, and the battery indicator hasn't budged yet.

If you're a fan of the S5's sound but want more battery life, this is a great option, it also has AGTek firmware available to download if the Benjie firmwares a bit flaky.

Seriously a good Mp3 Player...highly recommended as it has a longer playtime amongst all the Benjie Mp3 Players sharing the same competent Action SOCs

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #2,045 of 2,126
It doesn't sound great with the BT earphones I have (Meeaudio), and this is just listening to audiobooks, which don't even require the quality level that music does. The player also gets warm (top, sides) using BT, but stays cool when using wired earphones. The sound dropped 4 or 5 times when I moved, and I'm only sitting on a couch, not jogging, but it's probably the Meeaudio. I'm kind of disappointed in the BT aspect. I don't really want to buy new BT earphones, and these ones are too "tinny" for me.

@jamonbread Thanks for the link to the C2 instructions.
I use the Latest C2 Firmware from AGPTEK https://www.agptek.com/blog/agptek-c2-firmware-upgrade-2/ on the K11s and get 50-70 hrs of playtime and the 10-16 hrs with BT 4.2 is awesome ..find no problems with it as its my daily DAP atm..Also remember to reset to factory settings after every flash

*Note..There are 2 versions of C2..The Benjie K11 is the 2018 model ( Latest Version 2)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #2,047 of 2,126
I am using the K11 version a put the C2 fw from AGPTEK, my question is, it is possible to restore the original Benjie fw? With C2 fw, it is possible to change the wallpaper? Or do any customizations?
Yes, you just need to install the fw from Benjie. If you can't find it online, try the email on their official website, or better yet, contact them via official store on Alibaba. They're super helpful.
Don't know about wallpapers.

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #2,049 of 2,126
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a clip for the Benjie X-5? Looking for something similar to the clip used for the K1...

2019-11-28 14_41_05-MP3 Player Bluetooth.png

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #2,051 of 2,126
I second this. I got a M3K because of the constant crackles that the S8 gives me when playing back flac files. I just use the S8 for sleep music now

Does the S5 struggle with FLAC? I can hear lost of background noise when playing. I don’t here it on another DAP.

Also, I have watched it play files out of order.

Honestly..I struggle to find faults with my FLAC library with my arsenal of AGPTEK & Benjie DAPs ( I owned about 4 in my time)..nary had I ever had any crackling, lags, disconnections, out of syn and whatsoever that was mentioned by some of our members here in this thread..and finally today when I took out one of my half assxx low end earphones and plugged it in then I discovered the truth of what's been said..truly they are fussy with poor quality SD cards (I only use Sandisk for the last 10 years) & unstable 3.5 mm Jacks..truth be told and to be fair it's not really the DAP itself but the variations of other parts that created chaos..but what do you expect ? Gold ? these are really cheap DAPs Mates and serious Bang for the Buck :) and that's finally the mystery of all the issues solved which I have read through which only makes up 1 % of complains & with 99% Positives from ex/users of the AGPTEK/Benjie DAPs :)

PS..I enjoy using my Benjie DAPs but dislike their organisation for their poor after sales... Support AGPTEK for the Win :)

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #2,054 of 2,126
Benjie X10... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_53
Any takers? Who's gonna be the guinea pig??
Glad they went back to BT4.0 as either the 5.0 chips that are good is too costly for them to use yet or it all is sub-par. Either way they are all going back to more stable stuff and touting that it is stable.

Ruizu H1 is a nice piece of kit but the BT5.0 ruins it's usability. My other Ruizu players with 4.2 and 4.1 are very good for BT. Newer than H1 players like the Benjie have also gone back to 4.0 as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back