Benjie Offical Thread
Jul 23, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #2,026 of 2,126
Honestly as much as I like Benjie for a budget device the quality control is terrible, had multiple failures of 3.5mm jacks and buttons. If you can live with 32gb storage the Xduoo x2 is still good, if you can push your budget get a Fiio M3K unless you need bluetooth

I second this. I got a M3K because of the constant crackles that the S8 gives me when playing back flac files. I just use the S8 for sleep music now

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #2,028 of 2,126
with these less expensive daps you have to use a free program called Fat Sorter to make sure that all your albums are in alphabetical order. Also make sure the song titles within the album are numbered. Otherwise they will play in the order in which you added them to the card. Unless you mean that shuffle play is turned on... if that is the case you can turn that off.

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #2,029 of 2,126
ATJ 2127

Benjie
K3
K9
K11
S5
S8
Ruizu
X02
Sandisk
Clip Sport

Hi Guys & Gals,

The above DAPs all share the same SOC, thus they sound alike and always as a practice, when you unbox a new system or flash a new firmware, always do a Hard Reset/Factory Reset...

From reading the various complains about playing FLAC files especially..most likely a cache issue due to the new flashed memory status..
After you reset everything, I assure you the crackling,, stuttering, lagging audio and freezing of your DAP, Bluetooth devices and other digital Audio devices will magically disappear.

PS. Thanks AGPTEK for the Great Supportive firmwares that the Benjie Co is unable to deliver :)

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #2,032 of 2,126
So AGPTEK make custom firmware?
I switched to Agptek firmware on all my Benjie devices: S5, K3, and S8. I find it to be more functionaI than Benjie stock firmware. You can find most of it on the official website.

Oct 18, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #2,036 of 2,126
Is there a list of which benjies are best? 1, 2, 3, etc?
Many of them use the same SoC, so there's not much sound difference between those models. Don't think Benjie came up with anything significantly better than the S5, but then again I haven't heard any of the newer models (S8 was my last).

Oct 18, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #2,037 of 2,126
Thanks. I just found the post saying so. I forgot I've read it before.

I wonder if Benjie will keep pushing out new models instead of making even better sound? BENJIE, I know you'll read this... we want even better sound for the King!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #2,038 of 2,126
Looks like a Android Benjie is coming soon :astonished:

AndroidBenjie.PNG

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #2,039 of 2,126
Many of them use the same SoC, so there's not much sound difference between those models. Don't think Benjie came up with anything significantly better than the S5, but then again I haven't heard any of the newer models (S8 was my last).

While I haven't heard it, the T6 should actually sound (at least a bit) different from the others, because it supports DSD and high res PCM so it's a different DAC inside (a cirrus logic iirc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back