Benjie Offical Thread
Jan 11, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #2,071 of 2,126
Many of them use the same SoC, so there's not much sound difference between those models. Don't think Benjie came up with anything significantly better than the S5, but then again I haven't heard any of the newer models (S8 was my last).
So you're saying the S5 is better than the S8? SQ is the same?

Jan 12, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #2,072 of 2,126
I had a response from a seller on AliExpress and all he could told me that the X10 and the new Yescool M200 share the same chipset which is MTK and that's it.

Seller also recommended me the Yescool over the Benjie as it has a bigger battery and some apps can be side loaded and none can be sideloaded on the X10 apparently.

I ordered the Yescool model so have to wait for it to arrive as it was a gamble.
Thanks for taking one for the team. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Jan 12, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #2,073 of 2,126
So you're saying the S5 is better than the S8? SQ is the same?
I'm saying that I don't hear a difference between S5 and S8, which is probably due to the fact that they share the same SoC.

Jan 12, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #2,074 of 2,126
I'm saying that I don't hear a difference between S5 and S8, which is probably due to the fact that they share the same SoC.
It looks like S5 is sold out on Ali now.

I read a review that the S8 wasn't made that well. My S5 died in a year while another user said he had his for 5 years? Lucky guy.

Jan 12, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #2,075 of 2,126
It looks like S5 is sold out on Ali now.

I read a review that the S8 wasn't made that well. My S5 died in a year while another user said he had his for 5 years? Lucky guy.
Can't really find any faults with the S8 built-wise. It's pretty much the same zinc alloy body as the S5. The screen surface is bigger, so maybe more prone to damage, but personally I haven't experienced that.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #2,076 of 2,126
Found a Japanese overview of the AGPTEK variant of the Yescool/Benjie Android device. So tempting for me to buy!

Jan 17, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #2,078 of 2,126
That Agptek player looks good. I think it is the T03S model as I will have to watch the video later.

That has me hyped for the Yescool M200 model I have on the way.

Also the T03S seems harder to buy as I only have seen it on Amazon France and Germany and it seemed expensive.

Jan 17, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #2,079 of 2,126
That Agptek player looks good. I think it is the T03S model as I will have to watch the video later.

That has me hyped for the Yescool M200 model I have on the way.

Also the T03S seems harder to buy as I only have seen it on Amazon France and Germany and it seemed expensive.
I'm pretty sure it's the same as Benjie X10. If you manage to flash the AGPTEK firmware you can get yourself an T03S quite easily.

Jan 17, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #2,080 of 2,126
I'm pretty sure it's the same as Benjie X10. If you manage to flash the AGPTEK firmware you can get yourself an T03S quite easily.

I can guess that the Yescool M200 and the X10 have the same hardware but the M200 is BT 5.0 and X10 is 4.0

Also the Agptex seems to be running on a faster chip and they all have different screen sizes so I wonder if they can be flashed with the different firmware and I can find the T03S firmware?

There seems to be a few differences between them.

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #2,081 of 2,126
I can guess that the Yescool M200 and the X10 have the same hardware but the M200 is BT 5.0 and X10 is 4.0

Also the Agptex seems to be running on a faster chip and they all have different screen sizes so I wonder if they can be flashed with the different firmware and I can find the T03S firmware?

There seems to be a few differences between them.
Maybe you can list some other differences that you know of, that you didn't?

I also wonder why not just use your cell phone and save money? I know the cell phone emits constant radiation where this device probably has minimal...

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #2,082 of 2,126
Maybe you can list some other differences that you know of, that you didn't?

I also wonder why not just use your cell phone and save money? I know the cell phone emits constant radiation where this device probably has minimal...

I am happy with my cell phone so not going to buy another and I like that my phone and DAP are separate things.

I will update here and the obscure thread on the M200 when I get my hands on it.

Jan 19, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #2,083 of 2,126
I'm a bit doubtful about these cheap android players, to me those look a lot like old mtk smartphone's motherboards recycled into a new body, they might sound even worse than the 15-20$ players we know as there is no mention about the hardware managing the audio part, If cheap android is the thing for now I'd rather go with a Sony Z3 Compact at 60€ or for an Xperia Z5 Compact/HTC M9 at a tenner more.
But I hope to be proven wrong, as I'm a bit tempted to get one when the next gen will be out.

Jan 19, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #2,084 of 2,126
Screenshot_20200119-200604_AliExpress.jpg Screenshot_20200119-200207_AliExpress.jpg I talked to the folks part of the two stores selling the Yescool M200 about 24-bit FLAC and DSD support, Tidal support, and Soundcloud support (it is already mentioned by the item description that Yandex Music and Spotify is also supported but not YouTube). Both said that the device does support 24-bit FLAC, Tidal, and Soundcloud but aren't so sure about DSD.

...I hope the screenshots of the conversations are showing.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #2,085 of 2,126
And here I found a first impressions YouTube video showcasing the Yescool M200 (apparently the model number found in the "About Phone" section is M100 for some reason?)

It's very neat that it comes with a case and two screen protectors; most Benjie players don't come with anything of the sort. Not so sure how I feel about the pre-installed music app though for scrolling through large music collections, though.

...Actually if what seems like the search button in that music app actually works as I hope it would, I take that back.

...Aaaaand I just realized this came from @TheVortex so thank you so much for sharing these awesome impressions!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back