Benjie Offical Thread
Sep 8, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #301 of 2,126
   from memory, ( i havent used one of my sansa's for a while,) i'm certain it has a wider soundstage. its *almost* as good as the xDuoo X2 imo, the sound seems to get a bit grainy at high volumes.

thanks, great to know it. then, for its price, it's a good asset. grainy at high volumes might mean lower resolution than xduoo x2 and sansas overall, or simply lower undistorted power ability. will use it with easy driving iems, then, or amplified through topping nx1a when required.

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #302 of 2,126

thanks, great to know it. then, for its price, it's a good asset. grainy at high volumes might mean lower resolution than xduoo x2 and sansas overall, or simply lower undistorted power ability. will use it with easy driving iems, then, or amplified through topping nx1a when required.

yeh , i always use mine with an NX1  :)

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #303 of 2,126
Hi guys
Yesterday I bought the Benjie S5 using the discount code (thanks for that!) I have several questions while it arrives:

1. Battery life.
I see contradicting specifications. Here, on the first post, it says 58 hours. Penonaudio indicates 58 hours too.
But on the amazon website for the AGPtEK m20, it say 14 hours. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G8HVUYI
This review about the S5 says it lasts for 14-16 hours https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmysku.ru%2Fblog%2Fchina-stores%2F39433.html
It is a big difference.

2. When you use 8gb + microsd, can you browse all the files at the same time?
I mean, do you have to change between Internal memory / External memory (or something like that) in the menu?

3. I will be using the S5 with my Creative Aurvana Live (Impedance 32 ohm, sensitivity 103 dB). Do you think it will pull or do I need an amp?

4. Any background noise when playing at low/very low volume?

5. What do you think of the use of the S5 in the darkness? Apparently the "tactile" buttons are not backlit and I have read reviews complaining about this (they can't find the right button and they press the wrong one)

6. Where can one look for firmware updates? Is there an official website?

7. Just to confirm, no aac support?

8. Just to confirm, no playlist (m3u or others) support?

9. Just to confirm, no cue support?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #304 of 2,126
Ok, I will try to provide some answers to satisfy your curiosity :smiley:

1. I've never measured it precisely but 58h is rather too much to expect from S5, 14h is more realistic,all in all, it can offer you a long time with your music :smiley:

2. You can enter either LOCAL FOLDER (internal memory) or CARD FOLDER (microsd)

3. I happen to have CAL and no problem with driving them, the sound is loud and of good quality

4. well, I would say it depends on the quality of your recordings, just listening right now to flac files and no background hiss at all

5. I often listen to music before falling asleep and I can operate Benjie with close eyes, it it easy because you can use 2 physical buttons only, for + or - volume and by pressing them longer you can skip a song or jump backward

6.the website:
http://benjie-tx.com/wap/MP3HiFiPlayer/192.html

but I wouldn't bet on any update...

7.8.9. 3 x no :smiley:

to sum up, it is one flipping great player!

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #306 of 2,126
woo mine is on its way too... at the discount price seems like a no brainer

I was considering AP60.... but that will take some times before we can have any review...

I expect the delivery to take about one month

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #307 of 2,126
Have anyone tried to pair benjie s5 with Mi piston v3? Im gonna score a benjie s5 on a group buy prolly at 26.5 Usd. Anyone can help me? Thanks. Btw im a newbie here and this is my first ever purchase on audiophile stuffs.

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #308 of 2,126
Mine arrived this morning from Pennon and I am very impressed with the delivery time. Ordered 31st August I make that ten days to the UK. Haven't opened it yet as I will get twined at from my wife for buying yet another music player, looking forward to trying it tonight.
EDIT Having loaded music onto it I have say for a $25 player it sounds excellent and it goes very loud, I am using Koss Porta Pro and 10 is more than loud enough. I noticed after looking at the way it was listed you have to run a filesort program which has worked when I look at albums in folder view but when I to "Music", select "Albums". If the album has less than ten tracks they show in the correct order but if it has more than ten it lists them as "01, 10, 02, 03, 04" etc. I don't understand why it happens like this when in folder view they are listed perfectly. I notice it does this on my Fiio M3 too. Folder view perfect, album list as above. It shouldn't bother me as it sounds brilliant and most of the time I just shuffle all songs. Just to clarify too is there no way at all to create a playlist. When I look at the file list on Fatsort it shows what look like three playlist files but I can't work out how to do it. I'm guessing I can't. Love the sound quality though, this is an excellent player with a great soundstage and separation of instruments

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #313 of 2,126
  Koss Porta Pro. I'm not on a big budget and I have had those for a while although I am starting to lose sound out of one side so will have to buy some more soon.

I've got a Benjie S5 on the way with the intention of pairing it with my Koss Porta Pro and Koss KSC75, I hope it makes a good combination. For all the money I have spent on earphones, iems, buds, headphones something keeps making me go back to them
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back