Benjie Offical Thread
Sep 6, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #286 of 2,126
Sep 7, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #290 of 2,126
I ordered one of these tonight (the code worked for me in Australia).

I want to see what the fuss is about.

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #292 of 2,126

Woah steady on! H20 onboard.

it sounds better with an amp, not as good (ie detailed/ soundstage) as the xDuoo X2 IMO that you championed, many disagree with me though. would be interested in your thoughts.

Can't go wrong for $20 odd dollars. 
smile.gif

Be a few weeks though I'd say before I can chime in. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #296 of 2,126
i expect for brighter thinner.. based on http://www.head-fi.org/products/agptek-a06/reviews (@HiFiChris' review of agptek/ruizu a06, which i guess it uses same or similar hardware than benjie s5 -rockchip nano-).
"more open and brighter" "arid lows" but "less soundstage" than sansas. some people tell they have lower resolution than xduoo x2 and even sansas, less clear and detailed.
guess power will be even lower to sansas (9mw@32ohms): i remember reading about 5mW@32ohms somewhere..
but for 16€, bought 3, to check it myself, and to gift the complete pack to newbies friends/relatives: 1 benjie s5 + one of the multiple budget iems i have spares of.

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #297 of 2,126
  i expect for brighter thinner.. based on http://www.head-fi.org/products/agptek-a06/reviews (@HiFiChris' review of agptek/ruizu a06, which i guess it uses same or similar hardware than benjie s5 -rockchip nano-).
"more open and brighter" "arid lows" but "less soundstage" than sansas. some people tell they have lower resolution than xduoo x2 and even sansas, less clear and detailed.
guess power will be even lower to sansas (9mw@32ohms): i remember reading about 5mW@32ohms somewhere..
but for 16€, bought 3, to check it myself, and to gift the complete pack to newbies friends/relatives: 1 benjie s5 + one of the multiple budget iems i have spares of.

Welp, hardware is one thing but the implementation of it is a totally different story. Two devices with the same basic components (DAC, Amp, processor, ...) can still sound quite different. So I wouldn't conclude that the AGPTek and Benjie sound similar just because they share some of the components.

Sep 7, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #298 of 2,126

Welp, hardware is one thing but the implementation of it is a totally different story. Two devices with the same basic components (DAC, Amp, processor, ...) can still sound quite different. So I wouldn't conclude that the AGPTek and Benjie sound similar just because they share some of the components.

let's hope the implementation is similar, as well

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #299 of 2,126
Hey guys,anybody interested in buying this- its on sale at Banggood for a really good price- $31.70 AUD / $23.99 USD. Free shipping of course.
I'm thinking of buying one and seeing what its like.

http://m.banggood.com/BENJIE-S5-Metal-Touch-Screen-8GB-OLED-Screen-MP3-Player-Lossless-Music-Player-with-FM-p-1066869.html?utmid=930

BTW it's only on sale for a day or so... So hurry

Sep 8, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #300 of 2,126

from memory, ( i havent used one of my sansa's for a while,) i'm certain it has a wider soundstage. its *almost* as good as the xDuoo X2 imo, the sound seems to get a bit grainy at high volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back