Benjie Offical Thread
May 18, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #1,981 of 2,126
I got the Benjie S8 which is an s5 with color screen and bluetooth and a 5 band EQ, the sound is ok for what its worth. The chip gets confused when there are a lot of elements on the track (for example, Devil may cry 3- taste the blood vergil's version and celldweller-frozen(celldweller vs blue stahli remix)). The mids are a bit recessed compared to my galaxy note 5 with both their EQs off, and the jazz setting just boosts the bass and treble but it makes the sound more fun.

There are crackles on some tracks when playing on high enough volume which maybe just my IEMS, KZ ES4s @ 11 ohms at 104 sensitivity, don't really hear it on my galaxy note 5.

The screen is pretty good and clear, and album art shows up nicely, but updating to the Agptek m30b firmware makes the album art larger with a wrong aspect ratio. The tradeoff is worth it because you get 3 playlists with a 100 song limit each, clock lock screen, shortcut settings for the main button, basic stopwatch and a nicer main menu. You can now also pause the song by double clicking on the main button while screen is off

Here are some pics on the inside of the thing, which the battery can be upgraded to a 400 mah one easily.

https://imgur.com/a/xPsX6h4

Hi, I recently bought benjie s8
after reading your post I flash the agptek firmware because I really need playlist.
After testing it with bluetooth, i realized that there is 1-2 second gap before audio start sounding(I supposed the dap is slow in bluetooth connection) So i lost 2 seconds intro of my playlist in every files. when I play-paused it occurred too.
Do you encounter something similar? benjie firmware does not have the issues.

Do you think its possible to revert to old firmware?

Thanks

May 18, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #1,982 of 2,126
Hi, I recently bought benjie s8
after reading your post I flash the agptek firmware because I really need playlist.
After testing it with bluetooth, i realized that there is 1-2 second gap before audio start sounding(I supposed the dap is slow in bluetooth connection) So i lost 2 seconds intro of my playlist in every files. when I play-paused it occurred too.
Do you encounter something similar? benjie firmware does not have the issues.

Do you think its possible to revert to old firmware?

Thanks

I have not experienced what you have described the last time I used bluetooth on the S8. I wouldn't bother with it honestly as it cuts out way too much.

You can get the old firmware from either benjie's site or an old russian site that I could not remember that was posted in this thread.

EDIT: This is the one I think. Use google translate and read carefully and don't confuse the agptek m20(benjie s5) to the agptek m30(benjie s8)

http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t813558.html

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #1,986 of 2,126
Not sure if ‘top’ but the x6 seemed new to me. So I had to order that one :wink:

From my old collection I still very much enjoy the k3 and s8

Thanks for the reply. I saw the X6 model and reminded of the Shanling M0 I have and would like something kind of similar as beater I can use at work.

What is the UI, battery life and firmware updates for the Benjie players?

May 29, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #1,987 of 2,126
What is the UI, battery life and firmware updates for the Benjie players?

All valid questions :) but I would not expect too much in terms of reviews / battery time tests and such for cheapo DAPs like this ...

But from my own experience: the K3 and the S5 both sound very nice. They both have battery saving no frills LCD displays, not much of a UI to speak of, never delved into things like playlist or such .. i just put my music on and play. I had both for over 2 years now and one of them plays my meditation music all night! and then some, so i guess without firing up the display every 10 minutes, the battery still lasts 10h+

As for the X6, can't say, still in the mail ... there's only one video on YT (in Vietnamese) which gave me some impression of the UI ...

In this price range I would really not worry too much :) Can't go wrong with either the K3 nor S5 (in fact, I like them so much that I bought back ups for them)

Sidenote, there are BT models out for the S5, but that BT chip seems to be super clunky, something like can only play from certain playlist when in BT mode (don't recall details)

in terms of QC I never had any issues with Benjie, and I tried pretty much all players, some of them are collecting dust simply because I prefer the K9 / S5

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #1,988 of 2,126
Actually ... since you mention the Shanling M0 ... there is a Benjie model that resembles it more ... this one http://www.benjie-tx.com/MP3HiFiPlayer/269.html

Interestingly this one is tricky to find on AliX, since the name Benjie is not used, nor the designation BJ A29 ... by chance I found it on Amazon and then did an image search ... and tadaaa:

There are a few sellers, most of them under 95% rating ... this one at least has 8 orders (soon 9 :wink: ) and free shipping :)

beniek1.jpg

May 30, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #1,989 of 2,126
Actually ... since you mention the Shanling M0 ... there is a Benjie model that resembles it more ... this one http://www.benjie-tx.com/MP3HiFiPlayer/269.html

Interestingly this one is tricky to find on AliX, since the name Benjie is not used, nor the designation BJ A29 ... by chance I found it on Amazon and then did an image search ... and tadaaa:

There are a few sellers, most of them under 95% rating ... this one at least has 8 orders (soon 9 :wink: ) and free shipping :)

Thanks for your help and I just ordered the one you suggested above for just over £18 with a discount code. If I like it then I might grab the X6 or another model at a later date.

Jun 1, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1,990 of 2,126
Anyone here with the k11 and / or x6 mind posting some pics of them next to older benjies like the S8 or K3
Having a hard time grasping their sizes from the few real pics I find. Thank you

Love my new X6 just as much as both my S5's, been watching some MP4/AVI movies on my player and it has a great little screen and of course sounds just as sweet as the S5:beerchug:

For size reference:wink: It's actually a little larger and heavier than the Shanling M1.

Benjies S5-X6.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #1,993 of 2,126
Love my new X6 just as much as both my S5's, been watching some MP4/AVI movies on my player and it has a great little screen and of course sounds just as sweet as the S5:beerchug:

For size reference:wink: It's actually a little larger and heavier than the Shanling M1.

Thanks for that, much appreciated! Curious when I get to all
My stuff how the K11 will compare to K1 (36x48mm) ... we shall see

Jun 4, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #1,995 of 2,126
I am sure I would need it if I listened to audiobooks.

Or long podcasts that you might not finish esp. if you load more on the player and the player is the kind that loses the resume point if you delete and add more files to it. Sucks to say I'll finish the Podcast tomorrow but you have through FF 35-45 minutes worth. Or heck, if you don't want to even finish that podcast first but you have to or else the place will be lost. Bookmarks are quite useful for those longer files.

Had an S5B back in the day but don't remember how the Benjie players handle that situation.

Any X5 or X6(not sure why there are both really) videos yet?Have to check. Not ruling them out yet till I see how they boot up and the UI and screen on/off works. Really want tactile so they would have to be super smart/easy to do functions but I like the speaker,BT5.0, card slot, and FM in one place. Easy to boot up and play some files and turn the screen back off and to get to the radio then I might get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back