Benjie Offical Thread
Mar 29, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,816 of 2,126
I know the audio chip is not the only factor deciding the sound quality a DAP offers, but the only other DAPs Benjie/AgpTEK sells with a colour screen with the same audio chip as the S5 (Action 2127s) as far as I know are the Benjie K8, and X1, so maybe take a look at those?

Mar 29, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,817 of 2,126
Does Benjie, or Agptek produce a dap that has the same audio quality as the S5, but with a colour screen. I do like my S5, and I like that it can go loud (for me anyway), but I do miss having a bigger screen.

The Apgtek Rocker / Benjie T6 has a color screen (albeit a fairly low-rez one) and it sounds very good, with the drawback that the battery life is only around 10 hours tops. It is also Rockbox-compatible. It's pretty sleek looking, all metal case and minimaIist design. I love mine. It's starting to get a pretty decent following, I believe there's a thread here for it.

Agptek A22 / Ruizu X22 is Action-based and also has a color screen but cosmetically speaking, it looks and feels cheap. Made of cheap looking plastic, buttons are real clicky, screen is extremely low-rez to the point that album art seems pointless on it. It sounds great though, and has amazing battery life, solar charge capability and is around $20 right now.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #1,820 of 2,126
Does anyone know which bluetooth codecs the Benjie players like the K8 and T6 support? Is it standard SBC, or maybee AptX / AptX HD or even LDAC? Maybee it depends on model, but any info is appriciated.
I'm afraid that due to the fact that Qualcomm asks license fees for AptX it's only SBC.

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #1,821 of 2,126
Hello guys
Just saw my brand new agptek m20 has an equalizer setting called DBB.
What does it do? It seems it highers the volume pumping the low frequencies.

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #1,823 of 2,126
Finally got the K8 delivered, and my first impressions are good. It has a slightly leaner sound than the S5, and I'm using the equaliser to set it to what I want. The screen is the usual low res, but at least I can see my album art. The radio is not as good as the S5, and it struggles to find stations, and there can be too much noise at times making me switch it off. Build quality is ok, but I've only had it a couple of days, and already I can see some of the red paint from around the edges flake off. A trait not to uncommon with the S5 too. I've not run it long enough to check the battery, but it did come charged, and I have ran it for at least 8 hours and there has been minimal drop in the battery life. Bluetooth. I connected it to my Yamaha hifi. It took a few goes, but it finally connected, but I was not able to play from the folder view. I had to let the player scan my card and play from the Bluetooth folder. Sound quality was OK, and I suffered no drop outs in the half hour I used it, but, this may be me, all the songs in every album were out of order when playing through Bluetooth, which was annoying.
Well worth the £23.

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #1,824 of 2,126
Is there an actual Benjie model K8? I don't see anything listed on the English language portion of their website. I see multiple different models with that name on Ali some with a speaker function and some without. I'm seeing what looks like a K9 with Bluetooth and separate volume buttons in some ads there but others show a player with a smooth back so I'd think no speaker. Or is this a case where one of the myriad of smaller companies just make something that's alot like the Benjie but its actually made by them but the Ali seller just uses the better known manufacturer name?

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #1,827 of 2,126
Unfortunately that really doesn't answer the question of whether or not the K8 is an actual Benjie model. Or were you just providing a link to an unavailable product for another reason?
Sarcasm really?
Three left in stock, product description states Benjie K8, product details states it's a Benjie K8, this is where I bought mine, and it's a Benjie k8. Sorry now I'm being sarcastic.

Apr 20, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #1,828 of 2,126
Sarcasm really?
Three left in stock, product description states Benjie K8, product details states it's a Benjie K8, this is where I bought mine, and it's a Benjie k8. Sorry now I'm being sarcastic.
No, not sarcasm. Showing a vendor saying that they have a XXX made by YYY in no way shows that YYY manufactures a XXX.

However I was looking for something else on the Benjie site and answered my own question, Benjie makes a model M42 not a K8.
http://www.benjie-tx.com/wap/MP3HiFiPlayer/245.html

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #1,829 of 2,126
It's a K8 where I come from.

9937653_l.jpg

Apr 23, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,830 of 2,126
Anyone tried the Benjie K3?

I just purchased the AGPTEK version the M29 off Amazon.

AGPTEK M29
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MUBBLLK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think there's a good chance that internally it may be same as the Benjie S5 aka (AGPTEK M20) minus the touch screen.
I found out on Benjie's site that it has the same capacity battery as the S5, the firmware and screen also look the same.
It might be a good alternative to the S5 for those who aren't too fond of touch screen controls. The Amazon listing claims it has a zinc alloy Body with a 2.5D tempered glass top. It looks pretty good, hopefully it will sound as good as the S5

Edit: It appears that both the Benjie K3 and the S5 use the same SOC solution ATJ 2127

S5
http://benjie-sz.manufacturer.globa...P3-Player-OLED-Color-Screen-Benjie-S5-M20.htm

K3
http://benjie-sz.manufacturer.globa...dtl/Flash-MP3/1153692373/MP3-music-player.htm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back