Benjie Offical Thread
Apr 30, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #1,846 of 2,126
The K11 on Aliexpress was just marked down to $35 CDN. Not a lot of seller feedback, despite the store being opened since 2015. I'm still waffling. :wink:

If you hadn't posted this, I'd probably still be torn between the K3, S5, and K8. Thank you soooo much!! I want a cheap Benjie DAP and my budget is literally $35 CAD!!

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #1,847 of 2,126
Hm... seems like a new K8 has been released but with a speaker.

Bluetooth mp3 player Touch Key BENJIE K8 Built-in Speaker Ultra thin 8GB Music Player 1.8 Inch Color Screen Lossless HiFi Sound
http://s.aliexpress.com/iM3mYbEZ?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

May 1, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #1,848 of 2,126
Hm... seems like a new K8 has been released but with a speaker.

Bluetooth mp3 player Touch Key BENJIE K8 Built-in Speaker Ultra thin 8GB Music Player 1.8 Inch Color Screen Lossless HiFi Sound
http://s.aliexpress.com/iM3mYbEZ?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
I posted about this when someone else mentioned that model. Benjie's English language website doesn't mention that model but it caught my interest and ultimately I found Benjie's description of the DAP but with a different model number.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/benjie-offical-thread.805115/page-122#post-14187027

May 1, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #1,849 of 2,126
I posted about this when someone else mentioned that model. Benjie's English language website doesn't mention that model but it caught my interest and ultimately I found Benjie's description of the DAP but with a different model number.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/benjie-offical-thread.805115/page-122#post-14187027

I see :O

The link on that post you linked there doesn't mention a speaker anywhere... I hope the model with the speaker is an official one because I literally JUST ordered it...

May 1, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #1,850 of 2,126
I see :O

The link on that post you linked there doesn't mention a speaker anywhere... I hope the model with the speaker is an official one because I literally JUST ordered it...
That was my concern when initially mentioned. I've seen a number of sellers being rather free with a manufacturer name when describing a product that is very similar to but not actually is something. Which is why I went to the Benjie site to try and find it there. Unfortunately the English language site has much less info than the Chinese and Google translate isn't the best way to try to view such a site.

Let us know how it turns out. I love my K9 but actual volume up and down buttons would be a wonderful addition to it.

May 1, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #1,851 of 2,126
That was my concern when initially mentioned. I've seen a number of sellers being rather free with a manufacturer name when describing a product that is very similar to but not actually is something. Which is why I went to the Benjie site to try and find it there. Unfortunately the English language site has much less info than the Chinese and Google translate isn't the best way to try to view such a site.

Let us know how it turns out. I love my K9 but actual volume up and down buttons would be a wonderful addition to it.

Hm... I've never seen the Chinese Benjie site, but I might know a person who can help me navigate it. Might you please spare me its link by any chance?

And I will definitely let you all know how I feel about it if/when it arrives! I know I shouldn't have my hopes up but if Benjie's X1 is anything for me to go by, it'll be a decent player for the money. Curious to see how differently the UI is navigated through, though, as some videos I've seen show tht scrolling through music lists uses the up/down buttons, not the lef/right buttons like on the X1. I just hope this model doesn't have that terrible background noise I got with both of my Benjie X1 DAPs...

May 1, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #1,852 of 2,126
I'm highly suspicious of HongYu (Aliexpress seller). I think they commission companies to make products for them, therefore they don't have the manufacturer name on the item (Ruizu, Benjie), it's just blank where the name should be. I think they have a lot of bad feedback on Amazon.com and Aliexpress. ymmv.

May 1, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #1,853 of 2,126
I'm looking for an alternative for my Benjie S5, only with buttons. Is Benjie K3 the right option? I'l be using it mostly for running, so it has to be compact, but I don't want to sacrifice the S5's sound quality either.

May 1, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,854 of 2,126
I'm looking for an alternative for my Benjie S5, only with buttons. Is Benjie K3 the right option? I'l be using it mostly for running, so it has to be compact, but I don't want to sacrifice the S5's sound quality either.

The K3 looks very sleek and compact, but for more compactness considering you want something for running, try the K10. Seems to have very similar firmware to K3/S5, but is much smaller. Doesn't have an SD card slot though.

May 1, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #1,855 of 2,126

It's basically the S5 with no touch screen controls, all physical button controls. Its also sleeker, a bit thinner, it also has custom EQ settings as well as the usual presets. In folder view during playback, it also plays the tracks in the next folder along when its done playing all the tracks in the previous folder, the S5 would just turn itself off after playing all the tracks in the current folder you selected. Owning both the AGPTEK versions of the S5, and also the K3, I'd recommend the K3, especially if you already like the S5 but aren't a fan of touch screens. Its has the exact same SOC as the S5 with a few more user options.

On page 123 of this thread I left a basic overview of the K3.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #1,856 of 2,126
The K3 looks very sleek and compact, but for more compactness considering you want something for running...

Thanks, but I'm not really a fan of the clip-design. Plus, I'd really like it to be as good as S5 sound-wise and with the K10 I'm not so sure if it's the same league.

It's basically the S5 with no touch screen controls, all physical button controls. Its also sleeker, a bit thinner...

That's pretty much what I wanted to hear. I absolutely love the S5, but the touch controls can be a pain, especially when I have to take the dap out of my pocket just to change the song. Thanks a ton!

May 1, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #1,857 of 2,126
Thanks, but I'm not really a fan of the clip-design. Plus, I'd really like it to be as good as S5 sound-wise and with the K10 I'm not so sure if it's the same league.

That's pretty much what I wanted to hear. I absolutely love the S5, but the touch controls can be a pain, especially when I have to take the dap out of my pocket just to change the song. Thanks a ton!

You can also lock the K3 by holding UP on the D-pad for a few seconds.

May 1, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #1,858 of 2,126
Is there an AGPTEK version of K3?

May 1, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #1,860 of 2,126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back