Benjie Offical Thread
Apr 24, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #1,832 of 2,126
Apr 25, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #1,833 of 2,126
Actually, it is. Looks like It's called the "Benjie X11."

2018 Newest 2.4inch BENJIE K11 bluetooth mp3 music player 8GB lossless HiFi MP3 player mini Portable audio player alloy MP3
http://s.aliexpress.com/AbM7buqU?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Thanks for the reply! Great that you found it on Aliexpress!

Nice player but he specs say the K11 has an ATJ 2127 SOC.
The S5 has a 2127s so regarding soundquality I do not expect the K11 to be better.

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,834 of 2,126
I have read several post and for the life of me cannot figure out what the diff is in the ATJ 2127S IS AND THE PLAIN 2127S!

Xamples:

“Chip
system, Action 2127s. Headphone output, 16-128Ω”

“SOC:ATJ 2127s. Supported formats:MP3 / FLAC / APE / WAV / WMA / OGG Headphone impedance: From 16 Ohm to 128 Ohm”

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #1,835 of 2,126
I have read several post and for the life of me cannot figure out what the diff is in the ATJ 2127S IS AND THE PLAIN 2127S!

Xamples:

“Chip
system, Action 2127s. Headphone output, 16-128Ω”

“SOC:ATJ 2127s. Supported formats:MP3 / FLAC / APE / WAV / WMA / OGG Headphone impedance: From 16 Ohm to 128 Ohm”

Resellers print it with the specs but I cannot find the s-version on the manufacturers website so I do not know if it actually exists...
http://www.actions-semi.com/en/productview.aspx?id=202

Apr 25, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #1,836 of 2,126
Well I love my S5 and T6 so I'm good with whatever 2127 is in them:wink:

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #1,837 of 2,126
Well I love my S5 and T6 so I'm good with whatever 2127 is in them:wink:

The Benjie T6 has a Ingenic X1000 SOC. IMO it sounds better than the 2127 but thats my personal taste :wink:

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #1,838 of 2,126
The Benjie T6 has a Ingenic X1000 SOC. IMO it sounds better than the 2127 but thats my personal taste :wink:

I did not know that but still seem to like my S5 just a little more but that is the best part of this hobby that we can enjoy them both. I basically loaded both with the exact same media but the S5 just seems to hold the edge fir me:beerchug:

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #1,839 of 2,126
I just received the AGPTEK M29 aka Benjie K3 this morning, and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Its pretty sleek, thinner than the S5, and all the buttons are nice and tactile.

Initially I found menu navigation a bit confusing because the Back button naturally changes during playback to Up instead of Left, there's also no dedicated menu button, and you can only access EQ and playlists settings in the playback part of the menu by pressing Up, but despite this navigation quickly became instinctive.

As well as having the same EQ presets as the S5, it also has a custom EQ setting as well.
You can also lock the device by holding Up for a few seconds during playback.
Folder view still sadly shows files in the order that they were added to an SD card, or the internal memory.
The instructions claim its possible to record off the radio, I'm not sure if that was possible with the S5?

I think in terms of sound quality, it has a bit more clarity IMO, at least in comparison to the S5, but overall very similar.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #1,840 of 2,126
I just received the AGPTEK M29 aka Benjie K3 this morning, and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Its pretty sleek, thinner than the S5, and all the buttons are nice and tactile.

Initially I found menu navigation a bit confusing because the Back button naturally changes during playback to Up instead of Left, there's also no dedicated menu button, and you can only access EQ and playlists settings in the playback part of the menu by pressing Up, but despite this navigation quickly became instinctive.

As well as having the same EQ presets as the S5, it also has a custom EQ setting as well.
You can also lock the device by holding Up for a few seconds during playback.
Folder view still sadly shows files in the order that they were added to an SD card, or the internal memory.
The instructions claim its possible to record off the radio, I'm not sure if that was possible with the S5?

I think in terms of sound quality, it has a bit more clarity IMO, at least in comparison to the S5, but overall very similar.

Thank you for your impressions. Do you know if it can play 24-bit 192 kHz FLAC files?

Apr 27, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #1,842 of 2,126

Like I said I do like my T6, actually run mine through an XQ-10 and really like it combined with several of my iem's. Here it is pushing my TA Masters:wink:

XQT6 Benjie Master.JPG

Apr 28, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #1,843 of 2,126
My Ebay seller didn't send the Benjie S5 that I paid for months ago. :triportsad: This is the 5th Ebay scammer I've come across in my last 6 purchases. Now that I have to start over, I am looking for a player with long battery life that I can bookmark long (7+ hour) audiobook tracks. I do have 2 Ruizus that I use, but they only have one bookmark. I would like multiple bookmarks. I am Canadian, so a lot of Amazon.com sellers won't ship to me, and the ones in Canada jack the prices sky-high. I've had fairly good luck on Aliexpress, only one fraudulent Ruizu seller.

Is the Benjie K9 any good? I've seen sound quality complaints, clicking between tracks and rattling noise of the player itself. I'd still prefer the red S5 that ordered, but I'm still worried about bricking it putting Agptek firmware on it.
I like the looks of the K11, but the bookmark info isn't clear. Any other ideas for bookmarking on a budget?

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #1,844 of 2,126
I've had good luck going with aliexpress.com for my Benjie purchases. I'd think Canadian delivery would be comparable to USA delivery so you might want to try shopping there.

I have the AGPtEK firmware on my K9 and it works fine. No clicking between tracks but a noticeable moment of silence. Definitely not gapless and long enough to make it rather noticeable. Not really any rattling either. I think if you look through this thread you'll find other similar combinations of posts. Someone says they have noise then someone else says they don't. I'm guessing what you're seeing is the result of cutthroat pricing and the cut every corner possible manufacturing that results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back