Benjie Offical Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by yacobx, Apr 15, 2016.
First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119
Next

Last
  1. I2ecreate
    I've had my Benjie X1 for a few months now and I've been fairly happy with it, considering the price. I did get a 2nd one sent to me because the first one had a problem with clicking noises, so I'm glad Aliexpress has some sort of buyer protection.

The battery life is probably the best part about this little thing, it lasts forever! It's also durable as heck, I've dropped it countless times and it just chips the paint. Music sounds great.

Now onto the bad... touch buttons are horrible, I wish I got the K9 instead. The interface is wacky, especially with how the buttons are used, but could get used to it.
    Not all FLAC files are supported.
    Biggest problem is that albums aren't played in order!! Is it just me?

Anyways, it's a great player for throwing into my bag and shuffling.. but now I got the portable music bug and I'm looking for a new player. :)

Alpaca likes this.
  2. Alpaca
    I bought the X1 earlier today. So now I just need to wait. I'll use it at the most part of the time during work out sessions, so I hope to get used to the touch buttons and don't fell then terrible as mentioned above. As I'm not an audiophile I think that I'll be okay with it, since the biggest part of my musics are mp3 128 or 192 kbps.
    I'll try to let my opinion here when the S5 and X1 arrive, to help others people make their choice. Probably 40-60 days ahead because that the time until the products arrive at my home (Brazil).

3. bsoplinger
    Almost all of these inexpensive players use the timestamp of the files as their ordering mechanism. Or to be a bit more accurate they do absolutely no ordering and just use the files in their natural order as provided by the OS.

You want a program that will change the time stamp of files to match the alphabetical order. You can find the link and more info in this thread for DriveSort which does just that for Windows machines. It has a sort just music files mode which is nice because it will only modify the files with extensions that it thinks are media files. If you use this mode you'll probably want to add .flac to the list assuming you're using that encoding. Or ALAC, etc for "newer" non mp3 files.

http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en

For Linux and Mac its just a rather simple shell script. Although I'll admit that I Google for it just to make sure I have it correct the first time.

4. nadezhda 6004
    Hello everybody,
    Has anybody tried to downgrade the T6 firmware from the latest to the second one (where you can switch songs with the screen off)? Is it much worse?

5. towe0609
    I have and now have a dead Benjie S5B

6. Erevos
    There appears to be an updated version of the K9 (AGPtek M27), called X3 (AGPtek M28) which has dedicated volume buttons on the side and an OLED screen (instead of LCD).
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...Screen-High-Quality-Lossless/32804014748.html

7. nadezhda 6004
    What was the firmware before 1.05 beta for T6 (AGPtek Rocker)? Where can I download it?

8. groucho69
    I believe that the M20 is the equivalent of the S5 but NOT the S5B.

9. bsoplinger
    I'm pretty sure that the T6/Rocker specific thread has links to both Benjie and AGPtEK firmware for a number of different versions.

10. nuevo
    quote myself. i've go the player and it's the benjie S5...

eaglesgift likes this.
  11. OrenjiBageru
    I somehow found the link for the stock firmware of benjie S5, you guys have any idea on how to download it? I really need to return to the stock firmware for selling purposes. Please help me out! :frowning2:
    (Link to the thread where I found the link for the stock firmware https://w3bsit3-dns.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=813558&st=40)

12. bsoplinger
    That isn't really a link to the firmware. Just a phishing site, sorry.

13. OrenjiBageru
    That's sad to hear. I updated my benjie s5 with the agptek firmware then this happened. Do you guys know how to fix this? Really desperate.. And for those who cant view the image, it seems that the pixels moved 1 pixel to the right and it really looks weird and buggy. Please help me :frowning2:
    Link to the image: https://ibb.co/nNe3Em [​IMG]

14. bsoplinger
    Since other folks have had good results with flashing the AGPtEK firmware onto their Benjie may I offer a suggestion? Try flashing the previous version (1.4 was it?) and then if that comes out OK try the current (1.5?) again. If that fails you at least would know you could fall back to the previous version.

15. towe0609
    Where can you find old versions of firmware?

First

Back
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
115 116 117 118 119
Next

Last