Benjie Offical Thread
Aug 29, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #1,546 of 2,126
I've noticed after using my Benjie X1 for a while, there's a background 'ticking' noise. It's present when doing any sort of activity, like when I increase the volume, each step will create that little 'tick'. Very apparent background noise that's starting to annoy me.

Is there any way to fix this, or is this a common problem? I guess I'll try complaining to the seller, but I doubt it'll do much..

Sep 9, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #1,548 of 2,126
My Benjie S5's headphone jack broke and I'm thinking of buying a T6 to replace it. Does anyone here experienced any issue in the T6? (like buggy UI, faulty headphone jack, etc.)

I've been using the T6 for a month intensively. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the quality of the headphone jack because i'm only using the bluetooth functionality. The only negative for me is the 5 meter bluetooth limit but in return the T6 has a longer battery-life with BT than my S5B.
With the latest FW I have not experienced any bugs. The UI is easy to use. Much better than S5! Love my T6!

Sep 10, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #1,549 of 2,126
I have AGPtek B05, AGPtek H1, AGPtek Rocker (Benjie T6), but now I'm looking for a Benjie player with good sound and long battery life. Also I want physical buttons for volume and play/pause.
I see two models, M20 or X1 (i'ts also called M36?). I see that X1 has more battery life than M20. I see also they have the same Solution: ATJ 2127 (I think that "Solution" is the chipset inside). The sound quality and power is the same?
But the most important part for me is the sound quality/power, second battery life and the last physical buttons.

Many thanks in advance.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #1,551 of 2,126
Has anyone tried for benjie s5b(not s5) to update with the firmware of agptek m20 ?

I updated my S5 with M20 firmware

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #1,553 of 2,126
Yea i can hear background noise on my X1 also. Even though they use the same chip set it doesn't always achieve he same results it also depends on other components installed on the PCB. I think they tried to get more power from the X1 and created this issue.

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #1,554 of 2,126
Hey guys, just got the S5 earlier and didn't have enough left for an SD card :'( so told myself i'll just use the internal storage until I get a card. So I go home and plug the player to my PC with the included cable to copy my music files but nothing happens. I searched this thread and saw other people say that a menu will popup when you plug the player in but mine just starts to charge and nothing else. Do I need an external SD Card just for the internal storage to be detected or is something wrong?

I'm on Windows 10 btw :)

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #1,556 of 2,126
Hey mate try a different USB cable see if that helps? Does it mount in windows? Do you see the remove safely icon? I am on windows 8.1 so i am not sure how the UI has changed. I didn't use my Benji cable so i cant comment sorry! (i just plugged it in using the OEM cable to my external HDD it reads okay it does seem low quality my HDD keeps cutting out?)
It shouldn't matter what storage you use. At the start i did use the the internal memory now i bought a 32g SD card but they should both read on windows.
One thing to keep in mind is that when you do get an SD card you will have to dump your music from your internal memory because the S5 and X1 dont read from both sources at once.

Let us know how you go? I have a few ideas.

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #1,558 of 2,126
Hey mate try a different USB cable see if that helps? Does it mount in windows? Do you see the remove safely icon? I am on windows 8.1 so i am not sure how the UI has changed. I didn't use my Benji cable so i cant comment sorry! (i just plugged it in using the OEM cable to my external HDD it reads okay it does seem low quality my HDD keeps cutting out?)
It shouldn't matter what storage you use. At the start i did use the the internal memory now i bought a 32g SD card but they should both read on windows.
One thing to keep in mind is that when you do get an SD card you will have to dump your music from your internal memory because the S5 and X1 dont read from both sources at once.

Let us know how you go? I have a few ideas.

Yep, definitely a cable problem. Contrary to the other posts here saying only the included cable works, I tried the one I use with my phone (came with an Aukey fast charger I bought) and it worked perfectly. Thanks :D

Hmm any ideas or mods for the S5? I love tinkering with stuff and I think the S5's a good candidate.

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #1,559 of 2,126
Yep, definitely a cable problem. Contrary to the other posts here saying only the included cable works, I tried the one I use with my phone (came with an Aukey fast charger I bought) and it worked perfectly. Thanks :D

Hmm any ideas or mods for the S5? I love tinkering with stuff and I think the S5's a good candidate.
I am yet to try any mods. I do tinker with electronics. I build torches and mod drivers and leds. I am thinking you can probably change the resistance to get more output from these players. Only issue is getting them apart they will be glued together so it's a pain. You would need to apply the right amount of heat as to much may crack/melt the glass. Also I think you could change the sound signature by changing a few parts. Maybe add some more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back