beloved X1,nano and e5c STOLEN!
Mar 3, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why ban me ? I really want to know ? WHy ?
I said: He, you and me should be prepared for anything when we are out on the streets.

I was kinda joking.... But it just seems like your being a bit of a (excuse my french) *******.

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #62 of 66
Quote:

I said: He, you and me should be prepared for anything when we are out on the streets.

maybe in Panama...

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #64 of 66
Quote:

we get the point. you should be prepared, especially if you live in your country.

beyond that, you are not helping. just stop.

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:45 AM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

He's been walking the same route every day for the past X years, so why should he expect anything different? He did the sensible thing in the situation.

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #66 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe in Panama...

That's the point.
Ricardo, you are probably not totally aware of talking to head-fiers located in different cultures and therefor different points of view.
Living in central Europe means you don't need to be constantly prepared for being potentially attacked/mugged since it happens really rarely.
I could glue $1000 with blue tack onto my forehead and walk down the streets and it's quite easy to predict what would happen:
Someone would ask me if it's a kind of concept art or what, some people would laugh and some grandmas would moan that there is no respect for money anymore.That's it.No mugging.

Surely we do have some problems with drug addicts or other criminals, but the risk is still fairly small compared to other risks of life (traffic, influenza etc).
We don't live in a jungle where you have to decide if you are hunter or prey and once you are known as being prey you'll get mugged everyday.
We usually don't have to fight for "respect" on the streets, we do earn respect for our intellectual and social skills.

In this context the OP's behaviour was reasonable.
Even if his chances were 20:1 to win the fight that would mean he would had to risk his life for $10000.I don't know what a man's life is worth in Panama and I guess in a machismo culture they don't do that kind of math anyway, but in Europe a life is worth way more than that.
Secondly even for a skilled fighter a man with a knife is a serious menace even if he looks like a rotten punk.He might have got infight skills in the army years ago and his reflexes might be still intact despite of his condition.
Therefor anyone in his right mind wouldn't try to disarm the punk gently but hit him as hard as he can in order to end the fight within seconds.
At least that's what I'm drilled for.
Well, life is no movie for teenagers with endless fights and guys standing several serious hits and recovering soon.In reality in case I would decide to fight in a similar situation the chances that the opponent would be dead or crippled for life would be 50 %, and what do you do with the cadaver afterwards?
Maybe where you live the streets are covered with dead bodies, but in Europe even a killed punk draws attention immediately.
Frankly, I would gladly pay $500 to avoid explaining the mess to the authorities and dealing with prosecutors, attorneys and judges.

When I think about it I'm much more concerned about lawyers than about muggers.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back