beloved X1,nano and e5c STOLEN!
Feb 24, 2007 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

jonnywolfet

Headphoneus Supremus
oh my oh my, i feel i might cry....
im so lucky...
Here is my story, i woke up today at 6.30 to go to work, washed, ate and made lunch as usual... now i dont usually go to work on saturdays, and when i do go to work, i take my shuffle and ex51 (beater rig, one i wont care if it gets damaged doing elecric stuff). because today was going to be light work only, i thought "what the heck, ill be carefull, ill take my proper rig and be in bliss". and i was. that is, untill i left work.
To get to and from where i work at the moment, i have to walk maybe 100 metres underground to get to the service entrance. usually i see nobody, exept maybe a colleague from work. but today was different.
leaving work i came across a youngish man and woman along the underpass. they were obvioulsy homeless, and looked rather ill and dishevelled. as i walked past, one said something to me. i stopped, took out one of my earpieces and said "pardon?" the woman who was sitting on the floor asked for some change, whilst the man stood up. i said that i didn't have any, apologised, and went to move on. This is where it got nasty, im not even sure how it happened, but i must have been punched in the eye because it is all black and bruised now. i feared for my life immediately, the man had noticed that i had headphones on, and now had a knife in his hand, demanding my stuff. No heroics here, i got up off the floor and i gave him what i pulled out of my pocket (unfortunately everything) and ran away, fast.

so im very upset, but also very releaved. i have my health, and a home, and no reson to be deperate. i lost a very muched loved set of equipment (which will be hard to replace as i am a student) but gained a greater apppreciation for what i do have. i can only hope that when i do finally get a rig as good as my lost one, ill get to keep it longer...

my assumption (and the police i spoke to) is that the two induviduals, were two drug addicts, in a state of despiration, waiting for a chance to get something to pay for thier next hit.

im so glad that nothing bad happened, it could have gotten really really ugly.

Phew and DAMN!

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 66
I am sorry for your loss.

But kit can be replaced easily; you, not so much.

I can only suggest you scour the secondhand section for replacements as you start saving again.

The speed of audio development being what it is, you might eventually be in a position to buy a bit more for less.

MUK

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 66
That sucks. But thank god you are alright!
Not worth risking life for some easily replaceable material goods.

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #4 of 66
Ah man, that is harsh. That is why I haven't done any kind of drug, or plan on it, in my life. They are too dependent and people go too far to get their next fix. I am really sorry to hear about that but it is good that you are alright. Get your concealed weapons permit
smily_headphones1.gif
you might not be able to get it where you live but where I come from we can.

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 66
I hate people like this they will sell it for about £5 just to get a fix. I don't have a solution but something should be done to make the streets safe. At least you are only bruised and shaken.

Feb 24, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 66
there is no solution, and i will probably think twice about stopping to talk to drug addicts...

on a positive note, my parents have offered to but me a new nano. its a shame replacing the amp and headphones will take a lot longer, especially with the girlfriends birthday coming up too. (ah well, if i start saving up now, maybe there will be some westone 3's in my future.....)

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #7 of 66
My advice is to perhaps check local pawn shops that are nearby, because that is probably where the would have sold it, and I don't know that pawn shops will know the real price of Shure headphones and an amp, so you may get a good deal. Also, that sucks sorry.

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 66
that sucks man, but its only gear. this stuff can be replaced... your health cannot. you never know what they might have done if you didnt

also, now u have a reason to upgrade
icon10.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 66
That sucks! Good that your okay. The gear is only good if your around to enjoy it. You'll have new stuff soon enough!

Feb 24, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #10 of 66
yea i'm sorry man, glad you didn't get hurt bad tho. i've been running track for years, at the point i figured out something was up i would have just ran the hell away. of course i wasn't in the situation and i would have probably done the same thing lol. A buddy of mine got mugged at knife point walking home from a highschool football game, he's 6' 5" 275lbs. He could have probably beat the crap out of this guy but he still gave up his stuff. I'm glad you're man, hope you get your stuff back soon.

Feb 24, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 66
you sir, need to get to a 3rd world country and try to survive for 1 day. How you got robbed like that...By a man and a woman...

In my country (Panama) if someone wants to rob, they use 2-3 ppl with a 9mm gun or some other firearm, not a knife much less with a woman...

Shame on you man.

Feb 24, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #12 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you sir, need to get to a 3rd world country and try to survive for 1 day. How you got robbed like that...By a man and a woman...

In my country (Panama) if someone wants to rob, they use 2-3 ppl with a 9mm gun or some other firearm, not a knife much less with a woman...

Shame on you man.

What kind of comment is that? I lived in Argentina for 10 years and also got mugged that way once - drug addicts are drug addicts anywhere. Who cares that it was a woman? What, because he's a guy he should've taken her? Yeah, cause that makes sense, women are weaker than men, and dumber, and more emotionally fragile...

Feb 24, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #13 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shame on you man.

wow, you just know the right things to say don't you?

to the OP, kudos for doing the right thing. Life is far more important than any material goods, although the loss of these things do suck

Feb 24, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 66
Good to know you came out of that alive, at least. Losing a rig is one of my worst fears, and so I'm always paranoid when I bring my rig to school (as there are quite a few thieves in my high school).

Despite how rude it may be, I've developed the habit of not talking to or even looking at homeless people (I come from a country where it seems that the homeless comprise 50% or more of the total population).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back