beloved X1,nano and e5c STOLEN!
Feb 25, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #31 of 66
What, I'm not allowed to state my opinion if I rub salt into someone's wounds? I care about people around me and don't always put them down but the victim in question is trying to justify his inaction and willingness to concede under the circumstances of being able to defend himself (he claims he has trained under a martial art). This annoys me, if you don't like what I consider reason then disagree with my post but don't imply I'm out to hurt people as much as possible, thanks..

P.S. the post before this one was.. *GASP* A JOKE!

Feb 25, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #32 of 66
bluey, you are totally entitled to your opinion, and in if you find yourself in that situation, you can deal with it as you wish. as far as you attacking my grammar at the same time (so, i cant spell or use grammar properly) , why? do you get a kick out of other peoples misfortunes? like to twist the knife?
as for me, i would only start a fight with a desperate drug addict armed with a knife if i really really had to. i like not having any holes in my body, and i would like to be around for my family.
anyway, whatever dude, you can fight when you want to, id rather remain a pacifist.

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #33 of 66
Well bluey_02, that was three posts right there, so hopefully you'll not speak anymore (worthless) comments for the rest of 2007.
rolleyes.gif

jonnywolfet, sorry about your loss. That must have been a seriously scary moment for you. Mainly because there is always that option of them attacking you even AFTER they have your stuff.

Oh, and sorry about this, but...it's spelled 'pacifist.'
wink.gif

Better luck in the future, and hopefully you'll rebuild your rig soon!

Feb 25, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #34 of 66
thanks God you're fine, man
smily_headphones1.gif
i know what you mean with your stuff being hard to replace; i'm in college as well
frown.gif
but the good thing is you can earn and get your stuffs back, even better equipment i think. good luck, be extra careful
smily_headphones1.gif

To other members, please take care always
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #35 of 66
i think in practicing martial arts...you also pick up a few disciplines...in which avoiding the fight if it's possible is stressed. The arts are there to teach you to protect and instill moral values, and when you reach a higher level, you're also taught to keep yourself from using said skills unless you really need to. don't know if this applies as much to whatever form you're trained in, but hope this info helps abit to the one who doesn't understand why you didn't just disable the man with the knife.

anyways, I believe you made the right choice. sucks that it happened, while the money for the equipment might not come anytime soon, good to hear that you're fine.

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #36 of 66
LostOneTR, you are correct. in the 9 years i did Judo i was taught that exact dicipline.
Thanks for the support people, im gonna need it over the next couple of months without my gear. it took me a day, but im really missing it now... this totally sucks.

Feb 25, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #37 of 66
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you sir, need to get to a 3rd world country and try to survive for 1 day. How you got robbed like that...By a man and a woman...INTERNET TOUGH GUY SYNDROME

In my country (Panama) if someone wants to rob, they use 2-3 ppl with a 9mm gun or some other firearm NICE COUNTRY YOU HAVE THERE, RICKY!

not a knife much less with a woman...OH! AND A SEXIST PIG TOO!

Shame on you man.YEAH, SHAME ON YOU OP, YOU NEVER ACHIEVED THE ARSEHOLE TRIFECTA RICKY HERE HAS IN PLAY!

Feb 25, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #38 of 66
the guy got robbed for crying out loud, stop telling him what he should have done and mabye gotten hurt or killed in the process, and commend him on making the right decision. is your $500 rig worth your life?? i think not, i nearly got mugged in NYC, suffered a broken orbital, i had a knife and did not even think of using it to hurt the attackers.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #39 of 66
Yeah actually I think I was being an arsehole, sorry for that. I guess I couldn't get my opinion across without looking like one.

I'll risk my crumbled reputation again and say that when I read or here something I don't understand, no matter how long I consider it, I say so. Perhaps if you could reiterate for me in a PM or something so I could I better understand the situation you were in?

Whether you decide to respond to this or not, I'm only sorry I didn't consider the rudeness of my post before going off like that.

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #43 of 66
drug addicts fear anybody if you don't show 'em fear. And why the **** he got knocked out first? He should be prepared for anything when around these type of ppl.
like I said, in my city where a missing shot can kill you I should be prepared for every and anything.

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #44 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by clauswitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First, Johnny I'm glad you are ok. My flat was robbed when I lived in London. At the time (1990), my good Walkman & headphones were stolen. I spent the rest of my time there w/ a 5 pound (quid, not weight) rig purchased at a flea market. I still enjoyed my music. It didn't sound as good, but I could still listen.
Ricardo- What's up? Machismo will only get you hurt or worse. England keeps tight controls on guns. Thieves in London rarely have guns. No offense, but I think I would rather live where there are fewer guns.
3XO- the US has 150 million homeless? You live in NJ, maybe you should travel the world & see how lucky you are to live in the US. There are many places in the world where they have real poverty, much worse than in NJ.

Machismo my ass!!!...he should be prepared to run or fight.
run first if you don't have any option...
fight if the situation is good for you.
Be prepared ppl...be very prepared..

Feb 26, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #45 of 66
Now that I'm older, I feel you did the right thing by just giving it away. Back when I was in High School, I was taking the train home from school (4 train from Science to Manhattan). When I got off in Manhattan, this guy came up to me and told me to give him my pager (*gasp* yea, before cell phones were commercial). He was holding a bag and told me he had a knife inside and if I didn't hand over my pager, there would be some problems. I was 14 at the time and with a bunch of friends, though they were oblivious of what was happening. Thinking he wouldn't do anything with so many people around on the platform, I said no.

Looking back, fighting on the platform must have been one of the stupidest ideas ever. First, getting stabbed over a pager that can easily be replaced is just dumb. Second, risking falling off of the platform onto the tracks is even more dumb as that's basically instant death if a train comes. Given after a few punches thrown, my friends held both of us back while a few cops came to settle our dispute, it wasn't worth it over a ~$50 pager.

I'm glad you're ok and you did the smart thing. As you grow older, you have too many responsibilities to lose your life over something as stupid as a portable rig. You'll get it back in time, and a better one as a matter of fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back