Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Jan 17, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #61 of 6,026
OH CRAP neighbor baby woke up cried dog barkin *TURNS SUB OFF* not good idea to blast on a sunday nite i guess at 11pm, poor kids. but "Bugaboo" is SO BASS RATTLIN!

on the R10s, thanks for the offer, but if i borrowed them i'd lose all sense of reason so best i stay away. because i know i love them to death already - they are bad for my wallet's health!

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #62 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
OH CRAP neighbor baby woke up cried dog barkin *TURNS SUB OFF* not good idea to blast on a sunday nite i guess at 11pm, poor kids. but "Bugaboo" is SO BASS RATTLIN!

on the R10s, thanks for the offer, but if i borrowed them i'd lose all sense of reason so best i stay away. because i know i love them to death already - they are bad for my wallet's health!

They were sent to me first and I wouldn't even open the box. I was afraid they would never leave. Now they are in Canada far from my temptation. The PS-1's, on the otherhand, are on my head. I only have so much willpower.

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #63 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

That's why I have two of them....

Tyrion>You got will power????? The other r-10's will be returning to you then we'll see young Jedi....

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #64 of 6,026
Jahn wants the R10s. I will send you m... I mean his address
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #65 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
That's why I have two of them....

Tyrion>You got will power????? The other r-10's will be returning to you then we'll see young Jedi....

My house is an r10 free zone.

The PS-1's have really grown on me. I think that my desire for the r10 may be over.

Jahn, watch your mail, a big box may be coming your way.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #67 of 6,026
hello! i think cash might be involved however! which I don't have! NNooooo!!

*unless it's going to be the bestest birthday present ever, in which case thanks for the free R10!*
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #69 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Well, if you get your Tushie back, then sell it, you got what? only about three thousands to go?
very_evil_smiley.gif

dont worry i'll get money's worth by kicking 1911's tushi all over town!

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:19 AM Post #70 of 6,026
I joined in June with Panasonic headphones with Soundstorm Audio and an Ipod Mini with stock buds.

Now I have:
Headphones:
Sennheiser HD650
Beyerdynamic DT770
Alessandro MS-2
Etymotic ER6
Sources:
EMU 1212M
EMU 0404
2 Chaintech AV710s
Ipod Mini
Amps:
5 Pimetas
4 Mints
A few Cmoys
Parts for a PPA on the way
boards for a Dynahi
2 soldering irons and a ton of other DIY things
Mission M73 Speakers
S5 DIY tube amp

I got bored over winter breaks and built the Pimetas and Mints. I guess I will sell them at some point, but I haven't cased them all up yet.

And most importantly...an empty wallet
frown.gif

I need to graduate college and get me a real job quick...

Jan 17, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #71 of 6,026
before: ipod -> mdr931's. whatever -> rpdj1210.

bought the ultrasones (hfi500) to replace the technics for dj'ing.
then i built a cmoy or 3, then a pimeta.

now i have akg k240s, ultrasone hfi650dvd, and some mx550's on top of the other stuff.

the pimeta is being converted in to a portable amp, a dynalo and dynahi are in progress and im starting to think about some er4s, hd650's, and a diy nice but cheap phono stage (mm pacific)

Jan 24, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #72 of 6,026
nice sys.

Although it bodes not well for me and anyone who stumbles upon head-fi.

Came across here looking for something good to replace my sony clippon thingies and had demo'ed some Triports at tweeter but wasn're really serious about spending that much. Then I got a pair of HD-280's and now am looking at getting some canalphones and building an amp and we won't even talk about the cd's that I have to actually buy cause 128k mp3's ripped with who knows what just doesnt' cut it(although head-fi can't be wholly blamed for that [read stupid hydrogenaudio]). and I haven't even been here a month.

seeing this is making my wallet ask if my ip can be blocked.

mabye this thread should be required reading before registering here kinda like a this is your brain...this is your brain on head-fi...
280smile.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #73 of 6,026
i started off with a Creative Audigy LS and the Speedlink Medusa 5.1 Headset.

Since then
JVC A-K100 Amp
Alessandro MS-2
Creek OBH-11SE with a new powersupply
EMU1212M with marketek cables
Headsave Maxed Out Pimeta
Modded EMU0404 on the way
Creek and Audigy out the door
Saving up for Grado SR-225 Woodies
very_evil_smiley.gif

also my friends dad offered to make me some losless interconnects, offer I cannot refus
icon10.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #74 of 6,026
hmm let's see. I started with a crappy sony av amp several years old and hd600

RS-1's
2 PS-1's
HD 650
SR-225'S
2 SR 325'S
MS-2'S
2 R-10'S
HP-1K's HP-1
HP-1K's HP-2

sugden headmaster
earmax standard
emp
emp anniversary
rudistor rp5 ref
wna amp
gsp solo 2004+psu1
grace 901
melos sha gold carlo modded
grado hpa-1
grado ra-1

nordost valhalla
2 nordost spm reference
nordost silver shadow

mu-fi tri-vista sacd
dcs delius/purcell
ml 31 transport+30.5dac

I think that's it. But I already have asked my friend when he goes to hong kong to get me a stax 007+717. Then there's another headphone+amp I am trying to close a deal on. It's been a rush, dudes

Jan 24, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #75 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
hmm let's see. I started with a crappy sony av amp several years old and hd600

RS-1's
2 PS-1's
HD 650
SR-225'S
2 SR 325'S
MS-2'S
2 R-10'S
HP-1K's HP-1
HP-1K's HP-2

sugden headmaster
earmax standard
emp
emp anniversary
rudistor rp5 ref
wna amp
gsp solo 2004+psu1
grace 901
melos sha gold carlo modded
grado hpa-1
grado ra-1

nordost valhalla
2 nordost spm reference
nordost silver shadow

mu-fi tri-vista sacd
dcs delius/purcell
ml 31 transport+30.5dac

I think that's it. But I already have asked my friend when he goes to hong kong to get me a stax 007+717. Then there's another headphone+amp I am trying to close a deal on. It's been a rush, dudes

I think you just won the "most well endowed head-fier to join in the seond half of '04" award
biggrin.gif
Too bad I don't live down the street. Oh look, time to move!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back