Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Sep 25, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #31 of 6,026
Camera is back! So here we go, and I'll post it on the first post too - my Rig: The Final Solution.
IMG_0001.jpg

Sep 25, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #33 of 6,026
I went from karma/PX200 and santa cruz/promedia 2.1 to the gear in my sig since joining in June. I am going to get a balanced amp soon (singlepower or gilmore).

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #34 of 6,026
ccuuuuurrrsseee yyooouuu heaadddd-fiiiii.....

But I think i finally have the setup i should stablize with. Details in my sig. Pics to come of the home and away rigs. Reverse the Curse!

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #35 of 6,026
Dude, consider your self lucky. I went nearly a year and a half being here without being happy with my setup and I had to spend thousands before I was satisfied heh. The last year and a bit have been great though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #36 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Dude, consider your self lucky. I went nearly a year and a half being here without being happy with my setup and I had to spend thousands before I was satisfied heh. The last year and a bit have been great though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Dang biggie. Hope you don't mind me posting the pic in your profile:
playerandamp.JPG

That's serious Audio Upgrade action. Plus it's a PS-1 not a RS-1 now eh? Notorious.

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #37 of 6,026
Hmm since that picture Ive went through: 3 more ic's, a new source cord, had the player moddifed again, all new tubes, a large oneac, modifed the oneac and got the ps-1 pros. On the horrizon are recabling the ps-1 and my oneac. Not that I needed any of this stuff, but it doesn't hurt.
rs1smile.gif

Ok I've ran out of things to improve. Recommend me a new hobbie lol.

Biggie.

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #38 of 6,026
You owe it to your SR71 to get a better portable can!
The KSC35s are great for their price and purpose, but the SR71 deserve something better! Think of it as an obligation.
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #39 of 6,026
don't tempt me! begone, tempter of the tempted!

but seriously i looove the KSC-35. it's a tossaway can you can stick under a hat, toss in your pocket, not baby, not care about, and it will take the abuse and give you great on-the-go sound. i can't handle IEMs in my ear, and anything bigger than clips isn't practical for my quick walks here and there - and better clips like the audio technica ones i'd sweat about not scratching. unless it's something like qualia buds which are out of my price range, i think i'll just be happy with Koss for now!

Nov 10, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #40 of 6,026
Amazing since the last post I'm still happy with my porta rig - tho i just bought a new bag for it...anyhow, this was the height of my home rig - yeah, 3 cans! I whittled it down back to two, but the curse is still itchy...

IMG_0033.jpg

CURSE YOU HEAD-FI! Leave my wallet alone! Isoblocks on the way! And a baker's dozen of CDs!

Nov 10, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #41 of 6,026
glad i'm not the only one with the head-fi illness. I came here looking for review on a simple replace buds for my ipod. Lurk around and read all the review for the er6 or shure becuase they were in my price range. But somehow i ended up buying a pair or eymotic er4p which was out of my price range. Well that purchase got the ball rolling, but next thing i know i'm looking at full size cans and headphone amps. I didnt even know there was such things as headphone amps. OMG this place, its like when you fall and bet a deep scratch. Then a scrab form and it starts to itch. You know you shouldnt touch it, but it feels so good to scratch and you end up with more pain afterward. I know i need to delete the bookmark to this place but it already too late as i have the website url memorized.

Pre head-fi: ipod, stock ear buds, sennheiser pc150 (usb gaming headphone)

Post head-fi: cmoy, two pimeta amps, headroom little w/ upgraded powersupply, sony cd3000, grados sr60, beyerdynamic 770/80 pro, sennheiser hd580, er4p, and i just ordered a pair of future sonic in ear monitor and thinking of building a PPA or buying a Wooaudio 3.

The maddness never ends, i feel like my day isnt complete if i dont visit this site. Someone needs to change the url on me so i cant come back. My wallet and credit cards beg you.

Nov 10, 2004 at 10:42 AM Post #42 of 6,026
All beautiful equipment, Jahn. Head-fi: curse or blessing? Naw, think of all the beautiful music! But, Jahn, just make sure not to over do it PHYSICIALLY. Make sure to not wear your gear for too long of periods. I got so into headphones I was wearing them 10 hours a day and developed tinitus, now I can't use them. With all the beautiful gear, you don't want to have to give it up like I did. Go slowly, my son....

Nov 13, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #43 of 6,026
dont worry about jahn's hearing..he has a good 2 inches of ear wax protecting his delicate eardrums..

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #44 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
dont worry about jahn's hearing..he has a good 2 inches of ear wax protecting his delicate eardrums..

and you have 2 inches of booger stoppage in your enormous nasal cavities. i know, i looked. and i wish i didn't. you stole my innocence down in Philly
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #45 of 6,026
UPDATE - check the first post!
Edit - Post Count 3280 and counting...
Wharfdales.jpg

What you see is me getting more focused, more minimal - more expensive. Wharfedale Crystal 20 speakers, some isolation cones incoming - the Toshiba is in the other room for bedroom duty, the source is a Emu 0404 soundcard in the computer, and the Solo doubles as a headphone amp and a pre-amp for the Sony receiver to power amp the speakers with 6 ohms and 100 watts. The MS-2 is gone, and now we are down to the Darth Beyers and the SR200. Incoming is an indoor radio antenna, powered to boost the signal in this apt with alot of interference in the air. Audioquest speaker wires are incoming. CURSE YOU HEAD-FI! I think every forum on this site forces me to consider a purchase - even the non-headphone speaker and accesories forum. What's next, a soldering gun and some DIY projects?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back