Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Dec 2, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #46 of 6,026
the speakers came already? wow that was quick.

Dec 2, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #47 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
the speakers came already? wow that was quick.

yeah ups ground delivered like mad. they must have their hub in my neighborhood or something lol. instant gratification ahh- but they caught me so quick i didnt have even rat shack speaker wire on me lol. well at least my jerry rigged wire from that fm antenna isn't picking up radio waves and pumping it into my speakers.

Dec 2, 2004 at 7:18 AM Post #48 of 6,026
I believe UPS and Fedex have hub on lower west side. Around varick st. and leonard or so I think. I went to pick up some stuff there before. that was a damn late delivery though. at least you have somebody downstairs.

Dec 11, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #50 of 6,026
Update - got my isolation cones and audioquest speaker wire! the wire is cool, when you strip it there is a little red string to show you which is for...red. and it's directional wire so they do the dummy printing arrows for me - nice. took out my FM antenna wire, plugged the 'quests in, and the wharfdales have bass - who knew? not the farty bass that eric and lan think i like, but REAL bass. it's great. who needs a subwoofer? not me! oh and 3 isolation cones under each speaker now. i'm done.

i think i'm done.

pretty sure i'm done.

Dec 25, 2004 at 2:31 PM Post #51 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Before - post count around 100, a modest rig for home and portable:

IMG_0005.jpg

Did you get that transparent case with the ms-1's? I just got the normal Grado box. Also the mini plug is different than yours. Just wondering
confused.gif

Other than that these cans sound nice right out of the box
smily_headphones1.gif
. Nice punchy bass which my 555's don't have. But I still think the 555's are better for jazz and classic.

Any suggestions for an amp? Maybe the group-buy Corda Porta?

Now listening to my new ms-1's and waiting for total burn-in and ofcourse enjoying the music
icon10.gif

Cheers.

Dec 25, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #55 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by james3shin
haha it just keeps growing huh velvet? I think my audio equipment is very slowly growing as well...hd580...ipod mini...shure's next?

I was just wondering what you ment with that "Daaaaaammn!!!!"
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #56 of 6,026
BTW that clear case is a project case from Office Depot - just put your foam in there, that's it!

Here's an update, 1911 and the Groom both dumped their old crap on me for my Bday - but i'm happy to take their crap if it results in my owning a PS2 and an Infinity Subwoofer. So I hooked it all into the Denon receiver (swapped it with 1911 for my old Sony) and the PS2 going into the Samsung LCD TV monitor, and now we're cookin.
sub.jpg

I think I better stop here for a while...ah who am I kidding. And btw my post count at this point is 4000+. CURSE YOU HEAD FI!

Jan 17, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #57 of 6,026
finally!
biggrin.gif

you are just beginning
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #58 of 6,026
Jahn>Yeah good thing you ignored my interest check on a brand new PS-1. You sidestepped a landmine there. Not to mention the offer of you demoing the Melos SHa Gold modded and military spec tubes. Btw My R-10's are in Canada. Sure you don't want me to arrange to go to you for a play before they come to me? Join me and your journey to the dark side will be complete.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #59 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Jahn>Yeah good thing you ignored my interest check on a brand new PS-1. You sidestepped a landmine there. Not to mention the offer of you demoing the Melos SHa Gold modded and military spec tubes. Btw My R-10's are in Canada. Sure you don't want me to arrange to go to you for a play before they come to me? Join me and your journey to the dark side will be complete.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Redwings =
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back