Beats Pro - Worth it for 50% off?
Nov 29, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #16 of 119

Quote:
what country are you from?  yeah although we get it for $200USD and in your country it cost $310USD in conversion, but I think it all come down to dollar value and how much you make per hour.  If your country money value is higher and you make the same amount in your money per hour as we do, then the cost difference is cut down a lot. For example let say I make $10per hr and you make 10 (whatever currency) per hr., but your money value worth twice the amount then basically I have to work two hrs. to make the same amount as your one hr. 

I'm just evaluating as I don't really know the whole situation.  I'm just saying it might not be as bad as you think.  If you tell me that it cost $310 whatever currency your country use then I can see the price inflation.

As for the OP, do you think they worth $225? also, do you like the sound you are hearing?  Although someone else may say whatever headphone sound better, you might not like it. Just FYI, I guess you can always get an opinion and look for a local place that have tryout and see if you like them.

On topic: I agree with his opinion. No matter what people say, its your preferences which count. See if you like the sound. Then run away from here before you got addicted! :D

OOT: I'm in Indonesia, USD 1 is about IDR 9050 (Indonesian Rupiah). USD180 = IDR 1,629,000, while USD310 = IDR 2,805,500. Job pretty hard here, pay-rate variate, some low, some high (usually in foreign corporations, oil and gas, and mining).

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #17 of 119
I had a bud who had these and I must say they suck, even if they did live up to the price tag I still wouldn't buy them. They have super muddy bass that overtakes the highs and mids. The only thing they really got going for em is style and portability. There is much better to be had even if it wasn't half off.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #19 of 119

Quote:
You can get the DT 770 (whichever edition is to your liking) for less ($170-$180) even with the discount, and will have a much better sound by a long shot. So short answer is no, I would not get Beats even for 50% off.

There are many other options for better sound and price as well, I only threw the DT 770 out there as a closed, bass-heavy comparison.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #20 of 119
I wouldn't pay more than $100 for them.  

they are incredibly 1 dimensional and have no layering at all, separation is abysmal and the bass is still nice and muddy.   For that price you can get a Phiaton PS500, ATH EWS9, HD25-2...jeez there are so many sets that are incredible for $225....

with $499 you can work some serious magic

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #21 of 119
I heard them yesterday and they are actually very well built, but they do sound kind of awkward.  I would not pay 225 for them.  Maybe it was recessed mids?  Check them out and maybe compare them to some Denons

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #22 of 119
It really depends on the kind of music you listen to...

I personally own the Beats Studio edition, and the bass has quite some impact... I am quite new to the audiophile world and only have high-end IEMs, no high-end professional headphones.

I was at a shop yesterday and had the Pro's in my hands (the guys in the shop couldn't find the cables so that I can actually have a listen to them...). They seem to have very good build quality, as the guy working at the shop was twisting and twisting them, and they were very strong but flexible. This was one of the BIG flaws of the studio edition... 

Well, to be honest, $225 sounds really decent. You can probably get them and if you don't like them someone will still buy them off you for more than what you paid for them...

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #23 of 119
you can get the denon ahd2000 with the same price but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better in bass, sound stage and detail :).

I can't stand the design of monster, like a mess of plastic, remember to bring battery.

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #24 of 119
Hmmm....they have bass but not very good midrange. I didn't like them personally...
Check the M50's.  

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #25 of 119

Quote:
you can get the denon ahd2000 with the same price but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better in bass, sound stage and detail :).

I can't stand the design of monster, like a mess of plastic, remember to bring battery.

Wrong Monsters.  No battery and little if any plastic.  Aluminum.  It seems this thread needs a picture.

I did love my M50 when I had it.  Highly recommended <$100.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #28 of 119

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with the bold, but the new beats are a good upgrade in the design area.

Actually saw a pair today while standing in like at timmys for my coffee, and they actually don't look too bad. They definitely don't look at flimsy as the original Studios, that's for sure.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #29 of 119

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with the bold, but the new beats are a good upgrade in the design area.

Actually saw a pair today while standing in like at timmys for my coffee, and they actually don't look too bad. They definitely don't look at flimsy as the original Studios, that's for sure.

Yes I agree with that as well, they really did do a much better job. I don't think there worth $400, but they are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back