Beats Pro - Worth it for 50% off?
Feb 7, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #91 of 119
My 2 cents:

If you feel it's what you want, then get them. But, if you are trying to get into the audiophile world, then try e-searching some different models first. It would suck to buy them on impulse, when you could have gotten something much better for an equal or lesser amount of money.

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #92 of 119

Quote:

I learned that you'll be shot down for mentioning the "B" words- Bose and Beats. I like my QC 15's and found the Beats Pro's to be pretty good.I even found things to like about the Beats Studio's--no tangle cord and immersive sound to name a couple.I'm sure I'll hear it for my pro Bose and pro Beats comments.

You won't be shot down, but have you heard anything that isn't from Best Buy?

Quote:

i know how you feel haha, ikeep thinking about higher-end headphones....and now im starting to look at speakers and receivers too ahhh

i think the beats 1 advantage is that they have Monster Cables, i love their cables its like you dont need to recable the beats anymore" compare to srh750 lol"

rolleyes.gif
I'd bet my lunch money that the cable is just multistranded ceramic wire with fancy sheathing.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #93 of 119

Quote:
Quote:

I learned that you'll be shot down for mentioning the "B" words- Bose and Beats. I like my QC 15's and found the Beats Pro's to be pretty good.I even found things to like about the Beats Studio's--no tangle cord and immersive sound to name a couple.I'm sure I'll hear it for my pro Bose and pro Beats comments.

You won't be shot down, but have you heard anything that isn't from Best Buy?

Quote:

i know how you feel haha, ikeep thinking about higher-end headphones....and now im starting to look at speakers and receivers too ahhh

i think the beats 1 advantage is that they have Monster Cables, i love their cables its like you dont need to recable the beats anymore" compare to srh750 lol"

rolleyes.gif
I'd bet my lunch money that the cable is just multistranded ceramic wire with fancy sheathing.

lol it does look fancy tho =P

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #94 of 119

Quote:
My 2 cents:

If you feel it's what you want, then get them. But, if you are trying to get into the audiophile world, then try e-searching some different models first. It would suck to buy them on impulse, when you could have gotten something much better for an equal or lesser amount of money.

Totally agree.

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #95 of 119
Well I pulled the trigger on a pair of these (at a reduced price) after demoing them a few times.  A few things that stood out to me were the solid construction and durability, detachable cord and cord length, aesthetic appeal, high sensitivity and ease of being driven out of a laptop and iPhone, and *gasp* fun and surprisingly good sound quality (M50-esque).  They are nothing like the Solos, so people calling these "fart cannons" and crap without an extensive demo should have no opinion on the matter.  

Are they going to replace my HD800 or D7000 for critical home listening? No.  Are they going to be my main portable over my JH16 Pro? Obviously not.  But I find myself reaching for them more and more for casual listening sessions and even throwing them in my bag for portable use.  I'd compare their sound signature to a hybrid of the M50 and HFI-580, with a bit more forward mids.  Male vocals sound great.  Clarity is surprisingly good.  Monster obviously has the ability to make a quality product given the high praise of some of their IEMs, and I think these cans are leagues ahead of the Studios in both build and sound.  The problem is obviously their price, which is why I could never in good conscious recommend them over the aforementioned AT and Ultrasone models.  

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #96 of 119
beat pro sound quality in much less than m50, it's also smaller than m50. I compared both headphone at Bestbuy. pro is not worth the risk of skipping m50 . that's my recommendation.

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #97 of 119

Quote:
Well I pulled the trigger on a pair of these (at a reduced price) after demoing them a few times.  A few things that stood out to me were the solid construction and durability, detachable cord and cord length, aesthetic appeal, high sensitivity and ease of being driven out of a laptop and iPhone, and *gasp* fun and surprisingly good sound quality (M50-esque).  They are nothing like the Solos, so people calling these "fart cannons" and crap without an extensive demo should have no opinion on the matter.  

Are they going to replace my HD800 or D7000 for critical home listening? No.  Are they going to be my main portable over my JH16 Pro? Obviously not.  But I find myself reaching for them more and more for casual listening sessions and even throwing them in my bag for portable use.  I'd compare their sound signature to a hybrid of the M50 and HFI-580, with a bit more forward mids.  Male vocals sound great.  Clarity is surprisingly good.  Monster obviously has the ability to make a quality product given the high praise of some of their IEMs, and I think these cans are leagues ahead of the Studios in both build and sound.  The problem is obviously their price, which is why I could never in good conscious recommend them over the aforementioned AT and Ultrasone models.  

So reading this correctly, you spent ~$200 for $100 headphones and are promoting them? I'm not meaning to be a jerk, but this is basically what I get from your post claiming they sound like the m50s.

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #98 of 119

Quote:
Quote:

So reading this correctly, you spent ~$200 for $100 headphones and are promoting them? I'm not meaning to be a jerk, but this is basically what I get from your post claiming they sound like the m50s.

in all honesty i enjoyed them aswell. they were really clear and sounded really good considering its a beats by dre product. still overpriced though so i will pass on purchasing them.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #99 of 119
Quote:

Comparative sound signature is not the only measure of value.  If you actually read my post, you'll see I bought them for their durability, build quality, aesthetic appeal, extremely high sensitivity and ease of being driven out of a portable, and convenient cord length.  Also, I didn't think I was exactly promoting them, just trying to add some perspective and balance to the usual bandwagon of bashing anything that's mainstream, especially when the loudest critics have no actual experience with the product.

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #101 of 119
@Smittyryan
I gotta agree with you on the "flat" sound they produce. After I let mine burn in for a while, I was disappointed that they didn't produce that "booming, thumping" bass that I was hoping for.

@OP
It is your money, if you want them, go for it.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #103 of 119

Quote:

Appreciate the honest unbiased feedback.  I've demo'd these quite a few times since posting here and I think I will sell my M50s and get the Pros for the reasons I previously stated and the same you highlighted in your assessment.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #104 of 119
At 50% it's probably pretty tempting. PROVIDING you like the sound of them ? They can be mezmorizing on first try due to the banging bass and vibrating cans but when you get to really listening the flaws become apparent. As others suggest there are a plethora of cans out there that can match and outplay beats at the same/less cost (the 50% cost). I believe that the beats offer a good "package" in that they offer 2 types of tangle free/iphone friendly on the go/home listening cables, have an amp/noise reduction built in, have a nice case etc etc so they do look an attractive proposition at 50%. Although I am not overly keen on them myself and don't snigger at someone else wanting them as I believe it's "horses for courses". Live and let live and all that but please do your research and if you can, AUDITION!!!! I'm not gonna say "these are better or those are better" though some of the suggestions that have been made are for solid performers that you would be more than happy with. But if you get to audition then you will be making YOUR decision based on what you've heard and that's all you need.

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #105 of 119

Again... you are referring to the inferior Studios.  These don't necessarily have "banging vibrating bass", no iPhone friendly cords, no amp or noise reduction, etc.  I agree with saying you have to audition, but just clarifying that these are different cans we are talking about.
Quote:
At 50% it's probably pretty tempting. PROVIDING you like the sound of them ? They can be mezmorizing on first try due to the banging bass and vibrating cans but when you get to really listening the flaws become apparent. As others suggest there are a plethora of cans out there that can match and outplay beats at the same/less cost (the 50% cost). I believe that the beats offer a good "package" in that they offer 2 types of tangle free/iphone friendly on the go/home listening cables, have an amp/noise reduction built in, have a nice case etc etc so they do look an attractive proposition at 50%. Although I am not overly keen on them myself and don't snigger at someone else wanting them as I believe it's "horses for courses". Live and let live and all that but please do your research and if you can, AUDITION!!!! I'm not gonna say "these are better or those are better" though some of the suggestions that have been made are for solid performers that you would be more than happy with. But if you get to audition then you will be making YOUR decision based on what you've heard and that's all you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back