Beats Pro - Worth it for 50% off?
Feb 7, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #76 of 119
I bought the Beats Pro, tried them out for 5days, returned them. They are SO HEAVY and hurts my neck after like 30minutes.
The drivers cover push against your ears, i let my friends try them out they had the same problem, the sound is not worth $225 IMO.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #77 of 119
I wouldn't pay $100 for these, not only would having to carry around batteries be a complete nuisance, the sound makes me cringe when I hear bass that isn't even in the song being injected. The mids are completely ruined.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #78 of 119

I liked the Beats Pro. I would get them at that price. The 399.00 price tag is making me think twice about getting them.

Although I did have a small issue with the weight--after awhile they felt a little heavy.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #79 of 119

I wouldn't pay $100 for these, not only would having to carry around batteries be a complete nuisance, the sound makes me cringe when I hear bass that isn't even in the song being injected. The mids are completely ruined.

You don't need batteries for the Pro's. It's the Studio's that you need batteries for. I think you may be thinking of the Studio's- not the Pro's.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #80 of 119
like i said i actually quite liked these and would buy them if they were under $200. but the studios are complete garbage. i tried them.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #81 of 119

Quote:

You don't need batteries for the Pro's. It's the Studio's that you need batteries for. I think you may be thinking of the Studio's- not the Pro's.

Oh, either way I doubt the sound signature is vastly different. I'd rather have the Beyer DT770 Pro 80, at least they are ridiculously comfortable.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #82 of 119

WOW im surprised at the comments on this thread. especially the first reply saying they are "toys" but never even heard them.
rolleyes.gif

I learned that you'll be shot down for mentioning the "B" words- Bose and Beats. I like my QC 15's and found the Beats Pro's to be pretty good.

I even found things to like about the Beats Studio's--no tangle cord and immersive sound to name a couple.

I'm sure I'll hear it for my pro Bose and pro Beats comments.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #83 of 119

Quote:
Quote:
so.. how about a comparison between beats pro vs srh750dj regarding the price? just the sq ^^

i personally prefer the beats pros. i got to try them at best buy today and tehy let me hook it up to my own ipod. i just found they distorted less. and had a more fun sound. i dont understand why everyone hates them so much. i quite liked them. not saying my shures are bad though. i just think they need an amp or dac to hear what they are capable of.

so, for without amp, u like the beats pro better than 750s? and havent tried them both with an amp?

quick question for everyone, does the beats pro need an amp?

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #84 of 119

Wrong Monsters.  No battery and little if any plastic.  Aluminum.  It seems this thread needs a picture.

I did love my M50 when I had it.  Highly recommended <$100.

Glad you posted the picture. There are a lot of ill-informed opinions here. Some hear "Beats" and immediately jump to conclusions without knowing what they are.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #85 of 119

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
so.. how about a comparison between beats pro vs srh750dj regarding the price? just the sq ^^

i personally prefer the beats pros. i got to try them at best buy today and tehy let me hook it up to my own ipod. i just found they distorted less. and had a more fun sound. i dont understand why everyone hates them so much. i quite liked them. not saying my shures are bad though. i just think they need an amp or dac to hear what they are capable of.

so, for without amp, u like the beats pro better than 750s? and havent tried them both with an amp?

the beats does not need an amp hence why it sounds just fine on my ipod classic. but the shure srh750dj needs one. so i will be looking into getting one as i prefer to not buy the beats pros even though i really like them. in all honesty after listening to them today i actually want a pair i found them to be really enjoyable to listen to and they didn't distort at all. one of the highest criterias for me is to have headphones that do not distort under any circumstances and i feel no matter how much i spend they all distort. but the beats pros don't. makes me want a pair. i will wait for teh chance to buy them on sale. as i will never pay full price for them. but to be honest i feel as though they are actually worth the price tag. i really enjoyed them and i feel as though my shures are inadequete now. even though my shures still sound amazing.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #86 of 119

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the beats does not need an amp hence why it sounds just fine on my ipod classic. but the shure srh750dj needs one. so i will be looking into getting one as i prefer to not buy the beats pros even though i really like them. in all honesty after listening to them today i actually want a pair i found them to be really enjoyable to listen to and they didn't distort at all. one of the highest criterias for me is to have headphones that do not distort under any circumstances and i feel no matter how much i spend they all distort. but the beats pros don't. makes me want a pair. i will wait for teh chance to buy them on sale. as i will never pay full price for them. but to be honest i feel as though they are actually worth the price tag. i really enjoyed them and i feel as though my shures are inadequete now. even though my shures still sound amazing.

yea i hope u can get an amp lol so u can try and compare again ^^

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #87 of 119

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ya i love my shures. but i think there is much better out there. and the fact i need an amp kind of annoys me a little. but i will get one eventually.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #88 of 119

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ya i love my shures. but i think there is much better out there. and the fact i need an amp kind of annoys me a little. but i will get one eventually.

i know how you feel haha, ikeep thinking about higher-end headphones....and now im starting to look at speakers and receivers too ahhh

i think the beats 1 advantage is that they have Monster Cables, i love their cables its like you dont need to recable the beats anymore" compare to srh750 lol"

have u read this thread? http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/534236/beats-by-dre-pro-indepth-review

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #89 of 119

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i know how you feel haha, ikeep thinking about higher-end headphones....and now im starting to look at speakers and receivers too ahhh

i think the beats 1 advantage is that they have Monster Cables, i love their cables its like you dont need to recable the beats anymore" compare to srh750 lol"

have u read this thread? http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/534236/beats-by-dre-pro-indepth-review

yes i have but i didn't know how to interpret it at the time. the beats pros have their strengths and weaknesses just like any set of cans. but i feel that the way they are eq'd makes it hard to identify the problems with it. i really think they are good headphones but that is because i found them really fun to listen to. my shures seam more accurate and less fun by comparison. which surprises me when the shures were meant to be bass heavy. and are highly reagarded as really fun cans. but i still love them and can't wait to hear their full potential.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #90 of 119

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes i have but i didn't know how to interpret it at the time. the beats pros have their strengths and weaknesses just like any set of cans. but i feel that the way they are eq'd makes it hard to identify the problems with it. i really think they are good headphones but that is because i found them really fun to listen to. my shures seam more accurate and less fun by comparison. which surprises me when the shures were meant to be bass heavy. and are highly reagarded as really fun cans. but i still love them and can't wait to hear their full potential.

haha ill go do that too go for it! illlook for best amp/dac for my 750 that ill pick up tomorrow ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back