Beats by Dre
Sep 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #61 of 180

Quote:
I don't see what people are talking about here. Beats are a fashion statement. And even though many people here including me don't like the plastic look, I think very little people will deny that the beats laptops aswell as the pros are nice looking products. I've used basically all beats headphones. And I tell you the pros stand out as quality. Leather feels nice, the chrome is actually metal. I mean there's a lot to love if you forget about audio for a second. And to me yes audez-LCD-2s or jeckin floats or stax sr-007(especially these) look like the best thing in the world. But that's only because I know what they are, only because I know these are premium products with sound to match. Imagine if you had the same stereotype about beats(which most people do). You would like them just because they seem/are said to be premium. So I guess that justifies why people buy them.

And please don't get me started on: for the audio quality they aren't worth the price. Neither is a painting, or a sculpture or a watch for that matter. You pay for the style, thats just the way it is. I bet a watchmaker will tell me: you payed 120euros for that crap???

Perhaps, you're taking some of what is mentioned here too seriously.  A lot of us are not replying to the thread to bash on the Beats.  We're here to have some fun.

Sep 12, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #62 of 180

Quote:
Hmm. I ought to try to get my hands on a free pair of broken beats, maybe with a driver blown. Transplant oh say...Grado sr60/80 drivers into them? I wonder what bassheads would make of beats if I passed them off as very bright sounding headphones.
biggrin.gif
I bet most people would be turned away from them instantly and not buy beats later.
beyersmile.png

Haha, true story. 

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #65 of 180

Quote:
I don't see what people are talking about here. Beats are a fashion statement. And even though many people here including me don't like the plastic look, I think very little people will deny that the beats laptops aswell as the pros are nice looking products. I've used basically all beats headphones. And I tell you the pros stand out as quality. Leather feels nice, the chrome is actually metal. I mean there's a lot to love if you forget about audio for a second. And to me yes audez-LCD-2s or jeckin floats or stax sr-007(especially these) look like the best thing in the world. But that's only because I know what they are, only because I know these are premium products with sound to match. Imagine if you had the same stereotype about beats(which most people do). You would like them just because they seem/are said to be premium. So I guess that justifies why people buy them.

And please don't get me started on: for the audio quality they aren't worth the price. Neither is a painting, or a sculpture or a watch for that matter. You pay for the style, thats just the way it is. I bet a watchmaker will tell me: you payed 120euros for that crap???

But erm..... these are headphones which their primary purpose is to play audio, that should be the primary reason to buy them... Its not as if they even look good at all IMO... "I mean there's a lot to love if you forget about audio for a second." LOL that is a classic quote tbh.

Sep 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #67 of 180

Quote:
Maybe they're not exactly bang for buck, but at least they produce better quality audio than those apple earbuds. Every step is still a step.

Oh, I'll agree with that.  Plus, keep in mind, Apple has the balls to charge $35.00 or so for a replacement set of those junky white earbuds.  Phooey!

Sep 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #69 of 180

Quote:

Unfortunately, the goal of sculptures and paintings are to express the creator and please others' eyes. A watch is used to tell the freakin' time. Headphones are generally used for listening to audio, and if the audio sucks, then the headphones generally suck. Oh yeah, I guess the fragile plastic you can easily break in half is aesthetically pleasing, but, once again, that is not the main goal of headphones in general.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #73 of 180

Quote:
Oh, I'll agree with that.  Plus, keep in mind, Apple has the balls to charge $35.00 or so for a replacement set of those junky white earbuds.  Phooey!

Are you serious? I'd rather get these for that price range

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDREX36V-BLK-Earbud-Headphone/dp/B001EYU3JO

(got em for 12 bucks on black friday)

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #74 of 180
I noticed that a couple of members with 1 post are praising the beats. lol
Looks funny. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back