Beats By Dre: The Secrets
Dec 4, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #167 of 173
The Studios are NC so they have their amp built in.  The sources they use at Best Buy are terrible though.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #169 of 173
There IS one thing I like about the success of BEATS. I hope this will get people more interested in higher end headphones. Also for people that cannot afford these phones, they will turn to audio technica or shure (among others) and force more and more manufacturers to not only lower prices but develop phones in the 100-200 dollar range of higher quality than is readily available since they will be selling more headphones.

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #170 of 173
Quote:
There IS one thing I like about the success of BEATS. I hope this will get people more interested in higher end headphones. Also for people that cannot afford these phones, they will turn to audio technica or shure (among others) and force more and more manufacturers to not only lower prices but develop phones in the 100-200 dollar range of higher quality than is readily available since they will be selling more headphones.

I thought there were alot of these headphones. They're just really ugly. ATH and Shure make the best looking. Actually, one design of the Shure headphones look just like Monster Studios...

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #171 of 173

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Headphones need more publicity... The average consumer that is not informed does not know which headphone companies spend more money on research and development.

This is why Bose got it right with it slogan "Better sound through RESEARCH" 

If I don't know who's spending their money the right way to research, Bose is getting my cash. Monster is doing the exact same thing and with a renowned music producer giving his support.

I could barely call him that. LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOL you're a failure, dre is undeniably one of the best hip hop/rap producers of all time, and if anyone knew what they were talking about I doubt that people wouldn't put him in the top 10 of all time.

Dre has been prolific and lucky. Prolific cause he's been on so many albums, and lucky cause he worked with some huge names.

If you're into hip-hop then you know that Dre is one of the top producers in the industry... He helped those names become big, not the other way round. Sorry, but he is a master at HIS craft.

Quote:
For $300, the B&w p5 is a pretty darn good portable set that doesn't need amping!

Funny, I auditioned them with a bunch of other phones and they were the worst of the bunch. Sounded disjointed and almost broken. I wouldn't give you $30 for them unless I had plans for the purdy frames.

+1

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #172 of 173
IMO more mass discussion about better sound is always a good thing for everyone. i haven't heard the beats by dre but i havent seen them in a guitar center/ sam ash yet.  i think that says/means something.

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #173 of 173

Unfortunately this is untrue. People who want Beatsbut can't afford them buy Skull Candy, Urban Ears and Philipps headphones from my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back