Beats By Dre: The Secrets
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #136 of 173

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Headphones need more publicity... The average consumer that is not informed does not know which headphone companies spend more money on research and development.

This is why Bose got it right with it slogan "Better sound through RESEARCH" 

If I don't know who's spending their money the right way to research, Bose is getting my cash. Monster is doing the exact same thing and with a renowned music producer giving his support.

I could barely call him that. LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOL you're a failure, dre is undeniably one of the best hip hop/rap producers of all time, and if anyone knew what they were talking about I doubt that people wouldn't put him in the top 10 of all time.

Dre has been prolific and lucky. Prolific cause he's been on so many albums, and lucky cause he worked with some huge names.

If you're into hip-hop then you know that Dre is one of the top producers in the industry... He helped those names become big, not the other way round. Sorry, but he is a master at HIS craft.

It was a joint effort, you can't say it was all dre with either 50 or Slim, which would be his most note worthy artist he worked with.

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #138 of 173
Nov 30, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #140 of 173

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Headphones need more publicity... The average consumer that is not informed does not know which headphone companies spend more money on research and development.

This is why Bose got it right with it slogan "Better sound through RESEARCH" 

If I don't know who's spending their money the right way to research, Bose is getting my cash. Monster is doing the exact same thing and with a renowned music producer giving his support.

I could barely call him that. LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOL you're a failure, dre is undeniably one of the best hip hop/rap producers of all time, and if anyone knew what they were talking about I doubt that people wouldn't put him in the top 10 of all time.

Dre has been prolific and lucky. Prolific cause he's been on so many albums, and lucky cause he worked with some huge names.

If you're into hip-hop then you know that Dre is one of the top producers in the industry... He helped those names become big, not the other way round. Sorry, but he is a master at HIS craft.

It was a joint effort, you can't say it was all dre with either 50 or Slim, which would be his most note worthy artist he worked with.

Don't get me wrong, I love rap/hip-hop. Recovery was all and all a good album but the mastering was saddening. That's all. 

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #144 of 173
if not for the marketing muscle behind beats by dre, many would never even consider paying the premium for higher quality cans.

they're raising awareness that something better is out there, and normalizing the idea of 300 dollar cans.  whether or not head-fiers like their product, we should apreciate their mission.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #145 of 173

Quote:
if not for the marketing muscle behind beats by dre, many would never even consider paying the premium for higher quality cans.

they're raising awareness that something better is out there, and normalizing the idea of 300 dollar cans.  whether or not head-fiers like their product, we should apreciate their mission.

Not really most people thing they ARE the best so they buy them and they never look for another set.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #146 of 173
Hip-hop and rap are like any genre. There's good stuff; there's bad stuff. And the bad stuff tends to dominate the mainstream.

It's true in classical too.  How many people know Pachelbel's canon? How many know the Grosse Fuge?

'Nuff said.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #147 of 173

Quote:
Hip-hop and rap are like any genre. There's good stuff; there's bad stuff. And the bad stuff tends to dominate the mainstream.

It's true in classical too.  How many people know Pachelbel's canon? How many know the Grosse Fuge?

'Nuff said.

Yeah Canon in  D is a bit overplayed, I like it though, it's kinda the "Seven Nation Army" of Classical cause it's a tune I'll never forget.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #148 of 173
I'm not a fan of hip-hop and "mainstream" music either, but I would say that the only genres you can rightfully call 'not music' are the more-than-not synthesized / computer generated / techno or whatever. Sure, sometimes its fun/catchy to listen to, but I sure as hell wouldn't call it music.

As for the article: never would have though that they put so much work into the product. 70-80 iterations? I would have expected a much better headphone.... The author of this article really should have done more research before putting this on the internet.

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #149 of 173

Quote:
I'm not a fan of hip-hop and "mainstream" music either, but I would say that the only genres you can rightfully call 'not music' are the more-than-not synthesized / computer generated / techno or whatever. Sure, sometimes its fun/catchy to listen to, but I sure as hell wouldn't call it music.

As for the article: never would have though that they put so much work into the product. 70-80 iterations? I would have expected a much better headphone.... The author of this article really should have done more research before putting this on the internet.

So Depeche Mode is not music??? lol

This guy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioYs6oAD8g is not music??? lol

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #150 of 173

Quote:
Quote:

So Depeche Mode is not music??? lol

This guy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioYs6oAD8g is not music??? lol

This thread is now about music that is so creative to right people it doesn't seem like music.

I submit  Birdy Nam Nam - Abbesses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back