Bassy headphones from $200 - $400
May 6, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #31 of 39
My XB1000 have been shipped so I should have them within the next week.

If I was any good at describing sound I could review/compare all my bassy headphones, but unfortunately I'm not!
frown.gif

May 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #32 of 39
My XB1000 have been shipped so I should have them within the next week.

If I was any good at describing sound I could review/compare all my bassy headphones, but unfortunately I'm not!
frown.gif

LOL, don't worry about it just tell us how you feel, some people who go too deep describing sound become quite boring.

May 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #35 of 39
I should be getting my XB1000s soon too, maybe tomorrow. I just received my Darth Beyers today. I need to buy a piece to convert this big plug into the smaller one(1/4" to 1/8"?) I was able to listen to them with my Denon receiver, they are bass monsters for sure, probably the best I've heard in a headphone yet. I'll make a final judgement after I listen to them on my computer, but so far, they seem like the king of bass.

May 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #36 of 39
I've been listening to my XB1000 (fresh out of box) and Pro900 (pretty burnt in) back to back for a bit. It's obvious even to a layman like me they have different presentations, but I'm struggling to adequately describe the differences in words.

My initial thoughts are that the Pro900 is more detailed in the highs and sounds more clear/transparent overall. The XB1000 sounds more spacious, but slightly muddy in comparison, maybe due to the smoother highs? As for the mids/vocals I'm really not sure how to describe what I'm hearing lol.

In the bass, the XB1000 seems softer. It's like being surrounded by a cloud of bass rather than the Pro900's more focussed, tight bass. The Pro900 definitely hits harder. For my genre tastes, the Pro900 is more suited to DnB with its powerful, fast bass whereas the XB1000 would be for dubstep due to it's slower more voluminous bass.

I think the XB1000 can be played slightly louder and for longer than the Pro900 before it would become fatiguing/headache inducing.

Take these impressions with a pinch of salt because I probably have no idea what I'm talking about! I've not started comparing the XB1000 to it's little brothers yet, but I will at some point.

May 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #37 of 39
 Thanks for the impressions. Been listening to my Darth Beyers over the past few hours. I'd be very, very surprised if the bass in the XB1000's is better than my Beyers. These things have the quantity of XB700's but they sound much deeper. In the bass department they leave my XB700's and Denon AH-D1100's in the dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back