Bassiest headphones ever, which?
Jun 3, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #31 of 75
Proline 2500. High quality, amazing bass that doesn't take over the rest of the music. For future reference, Darth Beyers paired with a Larocco PRII with the bass boost turned up all the way. It feels like you have a sub woofer strapped to your head.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #32 of 75
I've never heard PS-1's...but have heard most of the other phones that are common on this forum. IMO, the unquestioned king in quantity of bass is a woodied Headphile HF-1 . They have a lot of bass with bowls, but put flat pads on that bad boy and bask in a ridiculous quantity of bass. I would be amazed if PS-1's had more.

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #33 of 75
I have Audio Technica ATH-L3000's, and the bass is simply beautiful! Not overly deep, but it just sounds right. Probably out of most peoples price range though :p

(my L3000's are for sale by the way for anyone interested).

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #34 of 75
Easy, Skullcandy

basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #35 of 75
its been said, but for a reason. ULTRASONE. I just got my 750's and they're great
smily_headphones1.gif
also, as you said you dont have an amp.. these are pretty low impedance so they're pretty easy for personal media players built in amps to drive decently. they can be gotten for about 66% of their 400$ list price if you're keen.. maybe you should look for a place that you could sit down and listen to a couple different cans though, there are lots of different characteristics to em all.. but I like my bass too Danke schön U.S. !
750prolinebx3.png

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #36 of 75
Certainly, the Koss K-35 are the bassiest as far as balance goes.

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #37 of 75
Darth Beyers are supposedly to be ridiculously bassy (Too much for my taste undoubtedly) but do require amplification.

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #41 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by peareye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another vote for Denon AH-D5000

Denons for sure. D2000 or D5000. I must say the amazing bass quality as well.
BTW, Prolines have quite average bass, definitely not bass monsters.

Jun 4, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #42 of 75
The bassiest cans I've heard to date are the K340, bass-heavy version. That was truly a mini-subwoofer on my head, it blew me away.

The K340 is 400 Ohms though and demands an exceptionally high-powered amp.
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #43 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
availbility here in f*ing norway, center of nowhere is also a problem. I have been considering the DT770/80, theyre $300 here

Norway is quite OK, even for headphones. And you can get the DT770 for $233 here

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #44 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Norway is quite OK, even for headphones. And you can get the DT770 for $233 here

skeptisk til en side som ikke engang oppgir hvor mange ohm, og som har orddelingsfeil (siste er litt flisespikkeri men lell)

----------------------------------------

Looks like most options here will empty my wallet xD
The headphones should be nice with orchestra instruments... at home i love sitting and listening to orcheatra recordings of "real" songs, from orchestral star trek theme to beatles orchestra style... If that helps ^^

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #45 of 75
The Audio-Technica ATH-W11JPN has massive bass that doesn't overshadow the sweet, smooth mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back