Bassiest headphones ever, which?
Jun 3, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 75
Bassiest headphones without an amp, my bet would be on the PS-1 if its as easily driven as Grados traditionally are compared to other makes. Its not exactly cheap though. The TakeT simply isnt an option without some serious amping.

I think that the other important factor that we need to know if you want a bassy headphone, aside from the no-amp stipulation, is your budget.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #17 of 75
Ultrasones definetly. My experience is limited to Proline 650, and bass quality is questionable, but I have yet to hear a headphone with that insane extension and authority in bass, all the way down.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #19 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bassiest headphones without an amp, my bet would be on the PS-1 if its as easily driven as Grados traditionally are compared to other makes. Its not exactly cheap though. The TakeT simply isnt an option without some serious amping.

I think that the other important factor that we need to know if you want a bassy headphone, aside from the no-amp stipulation, is your budget.

availbility here in f*ing norway, center of nowhere is also a problem. I have been considering the DT770/80, theyre $300 here

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #21 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
availbility here in f*ing norway, center of nowhere is also a problem. I have been considering the DT770/80, theyre $300 here

Get the Ultrasones, they will be easier for you, they are German company, and they far far better than these two Beyers, trust me on that...I have heard all of those and owned a few of them DT770 inlcuded...if closed is a concern get the 750, if you like open the 2500 will be even better...if you have some spare cash, the Edition 9 is well worth the price...

Jun 3, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #22 of 75
Quote:

This might sound very shallow, but I really like bass, so I started wondering: what are the bassiest headphones there is? Also, which ones are bassiest ones that desn't require a headphone amp (to be run off the D2 in any case). Oh, and headphones, not IEms or plugs ^^

Quote:

No im not, i want bass but not portapro bass :p

Oh, and so far 20 different answers, lol :d

Ofcourse you got 20 different answers, all you asked for was bassy headphones. And the PortaPro are a bassy headphone too. If you want something more specific, then be specific.

If you're a real basshead the DT-770/80 won't satisfy (certainly wasn't enough for me), nor will pretty much any stock headphone out there, no matter how you amp them or cable them or pray to them. Some IEM's have ridiculous bass boost naturally but since you don't want an IEM, I suggest you buy a good EQ or good software EQ and a pair of headphones that can perform very wide but fast excursions.

Jun 3, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #23 of 75
Bassiest headphones of all time are probably the PS-1s properly amped, but I'd also recommend the Goldring DR-150s for amazing bass and good price.

Jun 3, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #24 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ofcourse you got 20 different answers, all you asked for was bassy headphones. And the PortaPro are a bassy headphone too. If you want something more specific, then be specific.

If you're a real basshead the DT-770/80 won't satisfy (certainly wasn't enough for me), nor will pretty much any stock headphone out there, no matter how you amp them or cable them or pray to them. Some IEM's have ridiculous bass boost naturally but since you don't want an IEM, I suggest you buy a good EQ or good software EQ and a pair of headphones that can perform very wide but fast excursions.

They are going to run off my D2, so nothing that requires an amp. Max $350, not IEM's, open or closed is not important, comfortable and big cans, good bass that goes both low and retains mid bass. My current headphones, px100, modded ksc75, ur40, dt231, a2ll share one thing for my ears - they dont exaggerate the highs like those horrible, horrible akg k412p i bought (now with ksc75 drivers), and thats something I'd like with these too - high frequencies should not be overtaking, i'm very voulnerable to anything sibilant and it makes my head explode ^^

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #27 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm satisfied with the DT770/80 - because they can take the Mach3Bass of the Cowon D2 turned up to the max, without distortion. If you also turn up the 80Hz EQ of the D2 a bit, they certainly put out a respectable quantity (and quality) of bass. IMO.

Jun 3, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #28 of 75
You want portable, ampless, gigantic bass?

Super.Fi 5 EB
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back