Basshead on a budget, JVC Xtreme Xplosives HAM5x sadly unavailable
Aug 24, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
they're crazy comfy lol, for trance and house in general i dont think they can be beaten, they bass digs deep and goes low while still maintaining control, sub bass is really what these things are about, you veel vibrations on the top of your head, running down your cheek bones  to the back of your neck and jawline lol, but they arent really punchy or hard hitting in the mid bass, not in comparison to the xb500s

but you do get really clean, tight bass that somehow doesnt bleed into the mids or highs and crazy big soundstage, even still, i still prefer the xb500's for hip hop and dubstep

But they look so comfy! I dont know I may get them sometime. 

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
Hey gang!

I was about to purchase the JVC Xtreme Xplosives HAM5x, when suddenly the retailer said the weren't available anymore in Canada where he was located, and finding a decent reliable and rather cheap retailer that ships internationally with a reasonable pricing came with no luck (I came to a 60$+ price tags!)

I am an electronic,dubstep,rap listener and therefore I found these headphones perfect for me both because of the price and their focus on bass and style. Plus, I read great reviews about them. 

Sadly I had to look for alternatives, and found a hard time doing that =(

Im looking for:

*Headphones targeted on bass and style (like the xx and the beats)
*around ear,full sized
*50mm drive (like on the xx, I know it gives great bass effect)
*max 60$

I hope you can help me!

got those HAM5x, worst buy ever.  you got to be happy they arent avaible any more.. they got bass but the rest is HORRIBLE.     XB500.. End of Story.
Those reviewing that they got a great sound are trying to sell them, havent heard nothing decent at least or never heard the XB500... they sound MUCH better.

Aug 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

got those HAM5x, worst buy ever.  you got to be happy they arent avaible any more.. they got bass but the rest is HORRIBLE.     XB500.. End of Story.
Those reviewing that they got a great sound are trying to sell them, havent heard nothing decent at least or never heard the XB500... they sound MUCH better.

2x, the JVCs are just too muffled sounding, the highs are way too veiled is the main culprit as well as unbalanced midrange, emphasized lower-mids but recessed upper-midrange which just gets worse for the highs.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 19
You shouldn't look at driversize, the XB500 has 40mm drivers but is among the very bassiest headphones out there, alongside with JVC HA-M5X, Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2, V-Moda Crossfade LP1, these are all the bassiest out there and around ~15dB bass boost versus Beats Studios for example which "only" has around 10dB boost.

The XB500 is bassier than big brother XB700 despite XB500 have 40mm drivers and XB700 50mm drivers. The M5X sounds quite muddy in comparision to XB500 due to the very veiled highs, the XB500 has boosted bass and everything else sounds a bit pushed behind in comparision but is relatively nicely balanced in the mids and highs for the price and type of headphone (bass monster).

The XB500 will easily output bass frequencies even lower than your hearing capabilities, I could hear down to 17Hz tones with XB500 but you'll even feel the basstones slightly lower than that. :p

Do you know how much db of bass the jvc ha-5x have? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back