Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Mar 31, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #2,266 of 2,875
I have seen people say that. I personally do not find that to be the case and there are others who agree. You would have to listen for yourself to see what you think.
Thanks again. Upon further research, it seems that this is coming from the pads they replaced on these models. The new pads are thicker, but they didn't modify the sound to accommodate the pad change so it probably added bass.

I originally looked at the P7, but felt they would be a bit out of my price range. However, I see Amazon offers 'Recertified' versions for under $300. I'm still going back and forth, as I like the 770's but I could probably do a little better...I might be entering the rabbit hole...

Mar 31, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #2,267 of 2,875
Thanks again. Upon further research, it seems that this is coming from the pads they replaced on these models. The new pads are thicker, but they didn't modify the sound to accommodate the pad change so it probably added bass.

I originally looked at the P7, but felt they would be a bit out of my price range. However, I see Amazon offers 'Recertified' versions for under $300. I'm still going back and forth, as I like the 770's but I could probably do a little better...I might be entering the rabbit hole...

The pads on the Neo have remained the same as they are a newer model. The wooden 99 Classics had a pad change to make them more comfortable.

I do not have a P7 but I do have a P5series 2. Those are on ear rather than over ear and while fairly comfortable, you can get special pads for them that are the size of the P7. Ablet pads. I bought them and I absolutely love that combination. Very comfortable and sound great. I can't really find a fault with them. Why do I have so many choices? Sometimes I wish I just had one. But which one...

Have you decided against the H6? This IS the B&0 thread...

Ablet pads:
https://www.amazon.com/Ablet-Replacement-headphones-Sheepskin-Cushions/dp/B06XC76BJV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522491694&sr=8-1&keywords=Ablet+Replacement+Earpads+for+B&W+Bowers+&+Wilkins+P5+S2+headphones

This picture shows the difference. There are posts about this in the P5 series2 thread. Easiest pad change ever... they just snap on magnetically.

81iJkj1mDqL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #2,268 of 2,875
The pads on the Neo have remained the same as they are a newer model. The wooden 99 Classics had a pad change to make them more comfortable.

I do not have a P7 but I do have a P5series 2. Those are on ear rather than over ear and while fairly comfortable, you can get special pads for them that are the size of the P7. Ablet pads. I bought them and I absolutely love that combination. Very comfortable and sound great. I can't really find a fault with them. Why do I have so many choices? Sometimes I wish I just had one. But which one...

Have you decided against the H6? This IS the B&0 thread...

Ablet pads:
https://www.amazon.com/Ablet-Replacement-headphones-Sheepskin-Cushions/dp/B06XC76BJV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522491694&sr=8-1&keywords=Ablet+Replacement+Earpads+for+B&W+Bowers+&+Wilkins+P5+S2+headphones

This picture shows the difference. There are posts about this in the P5 series2 thread. Easiest pad change ever... they just snap on magnetically.

81iJkj1mDqL._SL1500_.jpg
I haven’t decided against them, apologies for driving a bit off topic I was just curious about some other options and thought I’d ask here. Thank you again for your information.

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #2,269 of 2,875
I haven’t decided against them, apologies for driving a bit off topic I was just curious about some other options and thought I’d ask here. Thank you again for your information.

I think I almost forgot what thread I was in when I posted that photo :)

Maybe what you want has not come along yet, or maybe you will want to save a bit more and get something in the future that costs a little more.... something that you fall in love with. It has been said that if you cannot choose between two things maybe neither is the right choice.

In the end we just want to enjoy our music...it can be too easy to lose sight of that. I know I have too many headphones ... posts on headfi made me too curious. I don't really spend money on other things. .. just audio, video, computer and camera related stuff.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #2,270 of 2,875
I think I almost forgot what thread I was in when I posted that photo :)

Maybe what you want has not come along yet, or maybe you will want to save a bit more and get something in the that costs a little more.... something that you fall in love with. It has been said that if you cannot choose between two things maybe neither is the right choice.

In the end we just want to enjoy our music...it can be too easy to lose sight of that. I know I have too many headphones ... posts on headfi made me too curious. I don't really spend money on other things. .. just audio, video, computer and camera related stuff.
You know, you’re absolutely right. And I do really like these headphones. I think coming on this great site has given me so many thoughts and ideas that I was second guessing if I made the right choice. These headphones are still very new and I’m enjoying them, and maybe soon I will totally fall in love with them. Some advice I got was to stick with the new headphones I got for a while to try and get accustomed to them, rather than just giving up on them after a month and getting new ones. It may take time to develop a fixation. Thanks again for all your help :)

Apr 2, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #2,272 of 2,875
For the Rapha pads, you'd probably have to look at the used market. And I'm not aware of other sources for H6 pads.

You could try a custom maker like Vesper. I don't know if they can produce pads with proprietary bayonet mounting rings -- maybe they would need a pair of on donor pads for the rings?

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #2,274 of 2,875
Hi everyone - I just noticed B&O now have replacement ear cushions for the H7 (https://www.beoplay.com/en/products/accessories/earcushions_h7)

I remember reading somewhere that the H6 & H7 were physically the same except for the wire... Does that mean the H7 pads would fit the H6 or am I being too hopeful/naive? Has anyone tried?

Anyone interested should contact B&0 and ask. It does look promising. Unfortunately for me they seem to only come in black. I have the natural color H6. I am a long time away from needing a pad replacement though. I have this horrible thought sometimes that years from now all of my many headphones will need new pads all that once!

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #2,275 of 2,875
Here in Germany we have the HiFi Profis, an Audio and TV Shop that's spread all around Germany. They are an official B&O reseller and have a system where they can look for accessories and replacement parts on an B&O server.
They ordered replacement stuff for me quite a few times. A few weeks ago I ordered earpads for the H6 Gen2 that I bought refurbished.
I also called in an official B&O store in Frankfurt and they confirmed on the phone that they can order replacement parts like the H6 earpads, black and natural.
So depending on where you live, there must be an B&O store somewhere in the next big city and they should be able to order earpads for you.

Apr 3, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #2,277 of 2,875
Question is, for how long they will have the replacement pads... since the H6 is cancelled. And the H7... and... damn B&O what are you doing... streamlining your product line is nice but our beloved H6 ...
But when I took a look at the order-application-server-thing the B&O salesperson in our HiFi store had, I saw replacement for the H6 Gen1, H6 Gen1 DJ Khaled version, H6 Gen2. So If they even have replacement parts for the Khaled version, the H6 Gen2 will probably stay in their system for some time. No worries. Unfortunately there was nothing for the H6 Gen1 Special Editions like the Rapha or the Love Affair Edition in their system , so no replacement parts for those :frowning2:

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #2,278 of 2,875
I would just like to report that these things respond WELL to EQ...I was having a rough morning at work so I threw on some Skrillex and pushed the 25hz up by 15dB with a .75 Q factor to give a nice slope all the way to 100hz. These are now basshead cans without losing any top end, clarity, or soundstage (that I noticed). I am super impressed with the amount of thump these things can push out with no distortion. That is all.

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #2,279 of 2,875
These are just so underrated!
They're stylish af, light, great sound for the price and closed back.
The fact they're out of production is a travesty!

Damn your progressive approach b&o!

We need to start a petition, better yet we need to write local politicias the world over!
Make America H6 again! ......
Even though I'm in Australia....... and the H6 was never made in the US.
But damn it Trump/b&o appese me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back