Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
May 15, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #961 of 2,875

The V-Moda "Audio Only" cable is not compatible with the V2.  This cable gave a noticeable improvement on my V1s.

Also, quick update on my V1 vsV2 dilemma... I've sent back the V2s, much prefer the V1 sound.. the V2s are just too 'boomy' for me :/ 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the new version catered more for mass market - more bass. I always thought that this wonderful product, the original H6, was a result of B&O design error :)

May 16, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #962 of 2,875

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the new version catered more for mass market - more bass. I always thought that this wonderful product, the original H6, was a result of B&O design error :)

I clearly remember my V1's had lot of 'boosted bass' in the beginning(I had it written in my review, and edited later) and then after a month, it settled down. Also I am sure its not placebo, that I wasn't using it much during this period, and my headphone was in the closet doing the burn in! So if the V2 was not given enough time, well.. And B and O has always produced good sounding products along with their beautiful timeless designs.(They are not in the BOSE category) I remember having a vintage RL 60.2 speakers from them. And to say these headphones remind me of them.(Airy treble, sharp imaging, sharp bass. clear non forward mids) They preserve some character throughout their premium products.

May 17, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #964 of 2,875
Ordered the black v1 H6s from the Vodafone store on EBay for £148.99 !!!
So what is the best cable for the v1s ? I will be using them with the Fiio x3 original player,the Galaxy Note 4 & the Shanling M5 when it is available in the UK.
I am very grateful for all the comments on here which made it a no brainer to go for these,I am not an audiophile, just want to get the best listening experience for the money I can afford so cheers guys

May 17, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #965 of 2,875
Ordered the black v1 H6s from the Vodafone store on EBay for £148.99 !!!
So what is the best cable for the v1s ? I will be using them with the Fiio x3 original player,the Galaxy Note 4 & the Shanling M5 when it is available in the UK.
I am very grateful for all the comments on here which made it a no brainer to go for these,I am not an audiophile, just want to get the best listening experience for the money I can afford so cheers guys

I've just been testing against this cable
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201314246713

Its excellent and a massive improvement over the b&o supplied. It's also great value at £9.

I also tested against the cheaper cable mentioned earlier in this thread at £3. It's physically too short and thin and as far as I can tell no noticeable sonic improvement over the b&o.

May 17, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #966 of 2,875

Its excellent and a massive improvement over the b&o supplied. It's also great value at £9.

I also tested against the cheaper cable mentioned earlier in this thread at £3. It's physically too short and thin and as far as I can tell no noticeable sonic improvement over the b&o.

Wow, I had seen this for many days and was reluctant to test them, as I saw few bad reviews on the seller. But was tempted to try them always. Did you notice any microphonics? I normally walk around with my headphones, so its important to me to have a cable without any cable noise while walking? Also, can you describe a bit, about the improvement area?

May 17, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #967 of 2,875
Listening more to the V2 H6,i have 2 other headphones the MH40 and the Momentum 2 ....its certainly sounds more articulate especially with that treble it is more extended but the mids sound a bit laidback for some reason....I think i like the momentums better the mids sound better and its more comfortable .

Also if i compare it to the MH40 the MH40  has got  a better soundstage then both headphones as it it is semi opened                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

May 17, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #968 of 2,875
  Listening more to the V2 H6,i have 2 other headphones the MH40 and the Momentum 2 ....its certainly sounds more articulate especially with that treble it is more extended but the mids sound a bit laidback for some reason....I think i like the momentums better the mids sound better and its more comfortable .

Also if i compare it to the MH40 the MH40  has got  a better soundstage then both headphones as it it is semi opened                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

I think the mesh on MH40 is only for show, it is in fact a closed can.

May 17, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #971 of 2,875
MH40=meh
For me nothing special and uncomfortable - the pair I tested for a couple of months (before selling on) were clamping way too much... but probably good for runners/masochists.

May 20, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #972 of 2,875

Hi, in what is this cable better than the original one?

May 21, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #973 of 2,875
I am not an audiophile,just like music as it should sound,but I am listening to the Flying Pickets,an acapella group from the 80s,a song called "Only You". I find the cable from eBay makes it seem as if there is more bass,a fuller,warm sound with greater volume,as if you are closer to the music. You can still hear the different singers.
I think it is actually a good idea to have both cables as it depends on what the song is as to which cable suits best,but the new cable just seems to give you a more immersive experience,the B&O cable is for if you want a more clear sound as if you are listening in a studio.
As I say I am not as knowledgeable as some on here,a beginner,maybe some will disagree with me,but this is my take on it,I must also point out that I have only had these headphones for a few days,maybe it will change with burn in,I just know I love these headphones.
You should really find the Flying Pickets they are great on decent headphones,also Elvis with the Philharmonic Orchestra (really like Bridge Over Troubled Waters) & "Riding With The King" B.B.King & Eric Clapton sound amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back