Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Apr 19, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #826 of 2,875
Let's try to connect H6 with 2 cables. You'll be surprise it's sound upgrade with more power, clearance, 3D and Bassssss.

I've seen you mention this before. You have my interest. For home use this would work quite well. Any recommendations on the cable?

Thats a relief to people like me! My last possible return date was yesterday and now I am stuck 'happily' with V1.!

I would like to think this talk about the V2 sounding different is just placebo. I would not trade my current V1 for anything. The sound is just perfect to my ears.Any more bass would be detrimental to the rest of the sound signature in my opinion.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #832 of 2,875
  If the sound isn't changed, what's the point of the v2? My guess is the person who replied doesn't know anything, just looked at specification and say its the same. It most likely is changed.

It appears you may be right. I posted a picture on the previous page--courtesy of a user on Twitter--that compares the two versions. It seems to show visible physical differences between the drivers of each model.

Of course, images aren't necessarily as they seem, even when they aren't edited.

Kind regards,
Brian

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #835 of 2,875
If indeed there is no difference between 1st and 2nd generation other than the driver appearances, then the discounted H6 1st Gen must be the best ROI headphone ever as you could get as much as 50% discount off retail. :)

Either way, I have no qualms paying the higher price as H6 2nd is still the best can I purchased at this price range IMHO. :) 

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #836 of 2,875
  If indeed there is no difference between 1st and 2nd generation other than the driver appearances, then the discounted H6 1st Gen must be the best ROI headphone ever as you could get as much as 50% discount off retail. :)

Either way, I have no qualms paying the higher price as H6 2nd is still the best can I purchased at this price range IMHO. :) 

In the place where I am writing from (Germany) I do not see a 2nd Generation in any websites. Its just Bang and Olufsen H6, listed everywhere. Is it just for US? I can somewhere they changed the colour inside the earpad from Greeen to black on the black version on the so-called second gen. I went to the Beostore last month, to claim the 'merchadise' they offer with the headphone, and the person there didn't know there was a second version. So I ignored the thing, then now my curiousity grew seeing so much response on this thread ! Anyway I am happy with the V1! I wanted another heaphone for my wife, but found nothing as good as this under 200 bucks!(I meant portable, outdoor friendly, compact and great sounding at the same time.. all better sounding options were either cheaplooking_/ bulky/ or some other ******** which kills the balance!)

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #837 of 2,875
  In the place where I am writing from (Germany) I do not see a 2nd Generation in any websites. Its just Bang and Olufsen H6, listed everywhere. Is it just for US? I can somewhere they changed the colour inside the earpad from Greeen to black on the black version on the so-called second gen. I went to the Beostore last month, to claim the 'merchadise' they offer with the headphone, and the person there didn't know there was a second version. So I ignored the thing, then now my curiousity grew seeing so much response on this thread ! Anyway I am happy with the V1! I wanted another heaphone for my wife, but found nothing as good as this under 200 bucks!(I meant portable, outdoor friendly, compact and great sounding at the same time.. all better sounding options were either cheaplooking_/ bulky/ or some other ******** which kills the balance!)

It's not a USA only thing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E9PHY1U/ref=s9_simh_gw_g23_i2_r?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=P3HG8HKGN8J8H7DE205Z&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=867551827&pf_rd_i=desktop

They're sold in the UK as well. I went to the Apple Store yesterday but they were still selling black-green H6s. All black H6s are definitely 2nd gen.

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #840 of 2,875
Why would there be a v2 if nothing is changed? And then why would v1 go on sale? There have to be changes.

Perhaps they are using cheaper components and sub-standard materials to maximize profits by introducing a version 2. Makes sense.
tongue.gif

V1 will always be number 1....now a classic and instant legend.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back