Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Nov 11, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #1,397 of 2,875
Recently, I've been giving thought to a pair of closed headphones and I was wondering how the B&O H6 stacks up against the B&W P7. Any thoughts?

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #1,398 of 2,875
I nearly bought the p7 but comparing it to the H6 made the decision easy. If you want fast, detailed and neutral sound then go H6. The P 7 was ok but the bass was to much and masked detail and just sounded muddy in comparison. I did also try the Momentums which to my ears sounded awful.

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #1,400 of 2,875
I nearly bought the p7 but comparing it to the H6 made the decision easy. If you want fast, detailed and neutral sound then go H6. The P 7 was ok but the bass was to much and masked detail and just sounded muddy in comparison. I did also try the Momentums which to my ears sounded awful.

Thanks for the reply! 

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #1,401 of 2,875

Just wanted to agree with everything you said. I think the Momentums sound like crap. I haven't listened to the P7's but I've owned the P5 S2's and sold them in favor of the H6's because of the boomy/muddy bass.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #1,402 of 2,875
I think for the money these really are the best HP i have heard. I ended up selling my HD 700 as they never got listened to after I bought the H6. They do like a bit of volume to sound at their best. Partnered with the Mojo and ipod I have had more hair rising on the back of the neck moments than listening to any hifi I have owned in the last 30 years. It is a magical combo and relatively cheap by todays standards.

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,403 of 2,875
This might be a strange question. Can anyone compare H6 with Sennheiser HD650? I know one is closed, another is open. I am planning to buy one of these on Black Friday. I checked Z Reviews sound demos. The H6 sounds incredible, even when compared against the HD 650 demo. Since these are still demos, and I haven't heard them in real life, can anyone please compare them? Thanks.

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #1,404 of 2,875
  This might be a strange question. Can anyone compare H6 with Sennheiser HD650? I know one is closed, another is open. I am planning to buy one of these on Black Friday. I checked Z Reviews sound demos. The H6 sounds incredible, even when compared against the HD 650 demo. Since these are still demos, and I haven't heard them in real life, can anyone please compare them? Thanks.

I heard the HD650 briefly (and decided on buying the HD700 afterwards) and I own the H6 V2.

There's a massive difference between open and closed back headphones - open headphones sound great but are useless in any sottingotehr than a very quiet listing room, they often need an amp to sound their best.

The H6 sound wonderful and as open and specious as I ever heard from closed back HP. They also don't need an amor and sound fantastic driven form an iPhone. 

Just my 2p,

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #1,406 of 2,875
I have both: Apples and Oranges as already stated. If you are not planning to add an Amp and just want to use the headphone primarily with a smart phone, get the H6. I have a large collection and I toss between H6 and PM3 (depending on my mood) when I work. If I could only buy one: I would get the H6 2nd.

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,407 of 2,875
I don't know if I am getting bored of these, I had been using the H6 Gen 1 from last february and now I feel its lacking soundstage, that smooth highs,  which I loved about them. Recently I listened to a cheap AKG k52(supercheap) from my friends home, and I feel, there is very little mine is doing better than that pair! May be my mind is playing games. Or may be the earpads have gone flat due to constant listening , and changed the signature. Or will it be just the headband got adjusted by mistake, so that its not on the sweet shape for giving me proper soundI had noticed that the tighter its on the head, the soundstage is narrow, but instruments get more body. But, looser fit on my head is best for wider soundstage.?! I am just thinking out loud, no offence. :wink:

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #1,408 of 2,875
They are first gen. Only Black, Natural and white I believe is are the 3 colors that come in 2nd gen. You can look on the bottom of the box above the bar code to check. If it's 2nd Gen it will state it. 2nd gen have better low end bass. They are better than 1st gen in my opinion.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #1,409 of 2,875
I listened to the 1st gen and 2nd gen in store - the 1G were the display model and the 2G were straight out of the box. I didn't detect any difference in bass.

I ended up going for the P7s - I think the bass bump is tasteful and doesn't overwhelm the other frequencies - at least on the tracks I favour. I don't listen to Hip Hop but I do listen to a fair amount of electronic - the most recent track I tested was Years & Years "Take Shelter".

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #1,410 of 2,875
I just got these and they sound amazing. The best closed back headphones I have heard to date, they gave me a feeling that I have not gotten out of a headphone since the k601. The music was just so engaging and the mids were so lush, no boomy/lacking bass or fatiguing/lacking treble details. I would go as far as to call these a k601 tier headphone for closed backs which is a huge praise coming from me since I value the k601 as high as the hd800. Just give it an EQ to fix the dip in the upper mids/lower treble and they are honestly the last closed back headphone I would ever need, my quest for closed back headphones is over and I have finally found a headphone to dethrone my legendary brainwavz hm5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back