Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Sep 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #107 of 2,875
Hello Guys, 

Can you reccomend a good case for this? 

I am afraid of taking it out into the bad world without something to protect it. The hard graft case looks nice, but not spending £129.99 on a case !

Does anyone have any other alternatives in Europe?

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #108 of 2,875
  Hello Guys, 

Can you reccomend a good case for this? 

I am afraid of taking it out into the bad world without something to protect it. The hard graft case looks nice, but not spending £129.99 on a case !

Does anyone have any other alternatives in Europe?

Suggest you go on amazon or the like and search headphone cases.  There are several like this one...just be sure and check the dimensions quoted against your H6's and buy local if the shipping/duties look crazy.

http://www.amazon.com/MDR-ZX100-ZX102DPV-Sennheiser-Headphone-Accessories/dp/B00JVFS020/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_18?ie=UTF8&refRID=14HSZZW5DBQYTXVYQ8TG

biggrin.gif

HS

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #114 of 2,875
I've got a pair of H6 in the natural leather, used daily for maybe 6 months, and they look pretty gross now.

I've tried cleaning them with a soft cloth and water this afternoon, but rather than removing grime it seems to be stripping whatever the top layer is to reveal a reddish colour to the leather earpads.

It's actually making me think most of what I'm interpreting as dirt is really the naturel leather underneath. (Which makes sense as it's been an issue on the outer pad seam, which makes zero contact with anything grubby like my head, but does flex and stretch as the pads are moved around)

I'm curious if others are running into this issue?
I love using these, and just bought my girlfriend a pair of the new limited editions in dark brown + bronze, but I'm having serious issues with the "naturals".

Either I have the world's dirtiest head, or .....

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #115 of 2,875
I've got a pair of H6 in the natural leather, used daily for maybe 6 months, and they look pretty gross now.

I've tried cleaning them with a soft cloth and water this afternoon, but rather than removing grime it seems to be stripping whatever the top layer is to reveal a reddish colour to the leather earpads.

It's actually making me think most of what I'm interpreting as dirt is really the naturel leather underneath. (Which makes sense as it's been an issue on the outer pad seam, which makes zero contact with anything grubby like my head, but does flex and stretch as the pads are moved around)

I'm curious if others are running into this issue?
I love using these, and just bought my girlfriend a pair of the new limited editions in dark brown + bronze, but I'm having serious issues the the "naturals".

Either I have the world's dirtiest head, or .....

Mine still look new but will take a picture and send it here later :)

Sep 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #116 of 2,875
You can see here what I'm talking about.
The cup on screen left is the one I've had a brief go at with some water on a cloth, notice the redish colour coming through. Also note the dirt/wear on the seam between the main pad and the outer section.

These get used heavily, but pretty much live on my head, neck, and in the baggy.. They have not, as it would appear, been living with no protection at the bottom of a 12 year old boy's gym bag.

wpdA2KiiWmWaggJ1MShcKHMBs8Mf3wXb3hh-QBma81o

Xd2IrVjCyXjApJylF43igi035b487Pp67I70uZ6v9FE

The other thing that makes me think it isn't just dirt, is the hard divide between dirt/clean at the seam in the second image.
If it was dirt, you would expect both sides of that line to be comparably gross.. Which they aren't.

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #117 of 2,875
Can't view the photo for whatever reason it may be but I have no such issue on mine but I never wear them when I am sweaty/sticky nor do I put them under the sun. Have you tried contacting B&O for info? I am sure they should be able to assist you. IMO, the Singapore based B&O's GM is very helpful and friendly.

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #118 of 2,875
I'm a new member, so I can't upload directly to the forum, i can only embed dropbox links.

Here are the direct links:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3656251/H6/Photo%2025-09-2014%204%2054%2052%20pm.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3656251/H6/Photo%2025-09-2014%204%2055%2006%20pm.jpg

I did speak to a guy in a B&o store.
The conversation basically boiled down to: "Ahh well... I used to work at a Hermes store, and i used to have to tell people all the time that natural leather is only lasts for about one season"

Now this is just a random guy in a random store, not B&o corporate policy. But it's the only "official" word I've gotten so far. Which is why I'm consulting the wider headphone nerd hive-mind to see what they have been running into.

This definitely fall under the category of "**** that wouldn't have happened had I opted for Black or Agave Green", but less than 6 months is a little soon to be dealing with this sort of thing.

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #119 of 2,875
  I'm a new member, so I can't upload directly to the forum, i can only embed dropbox links.

Here are the direct links:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3656251/H6/Photo%2025-09-2014%204%2054%2052%20pm.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3656251/H6/Photo%2025-09-2014%204%2055%2006%20pm.jpg

I did speak to a guy in a B&o store.
The conversation basically boiled down to: "Ahh well... I used to work at a Hermes store, and i used to have to tell people all the time that natural leather is only lasts for about one season"

Now this is just a random guy in a random store, not B&o corporate policy. But it's the only "official" word I've gotten so far. Which is why I'm consulting the wider headphone nerd hive-mind to see what they have been running into.

This definitely fall under the category of "**** that wouldn't have happened had I opted for Black or Agave Green", but less than 6 months is a little soon to be dealing with this sort of thing.

I saw a little more color changed H6 Brown color at used headphone market in Korea.
That sold only for USD 190 !!
I think this issue is certainly defect of Brown color H6..
B&O should be replace the ear pads I think.
I hope your H6 will be repaired well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back