Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jul 26, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #2,389 of 2,875
Anybody interested in buying the replacement pair I got from me? The warranty is until June 2020. I did not use it for more than an hour. The pads are new on this pair. Shipping in Europe is fine. Please message me if interested. Reason for selling: my wife has a pair which she never used. I thought of taking it and selling this off. I would trade it for a DAP also if the offer makes sense.

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #2,390 of 2,875
Just wore my H6 backwards for the better part of my morning without realizing it. Don't do this, they sound like garbage and hurt your head. I thought I was going crazy until I had to go to the bathroom and the cups swiveled the wrong way...Don't be like Gavin, do things the right way.

Jul 27, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #2,391 of 2,875
Just wore my H6 backwards for the better part of my morning without realizing it. Don't do this, they sound like garbage and hurt your head. I thought I was going crazy until I had to go to the bathroom and the cups swiveled the wrong way...Don't be like Gavin, do things the right way.
Lol I did this once before too and thought it sounded unusual.

Aug 29, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #2,393 of 2,875
I'm curious if anyone has tried these guys on a Hiby R6. From what I can tell these have a low impedance and the Hiby R6 also has a low impedance output.
I tried at the Munich Hi end show. The r6 was relatively neutral compared to the AK 70 I A-Bed. R6 is a good match. drives it decently than the ak70. Also consider the cayin i5 with h6. I really liked how it sounded. Since I couldn't A-B them I cannot say which one is a better match. Both are good. The good thing I found at the show was how good the h6 stand was against the over hyped meze 99 classics and neo and the much more expensive audioquest night owls. H6 is a difficult headphone to upgrade from. You need at least 3x times it's price on another portable to sound better IMO. Plus it's the most simple and elegant and expensive looking one out of the lot.

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #2,394 of 2,875
I tried at the Munich Hi end show. The r6 was relatively neutral compared to the AK 70 I A-Bed. R6 is a good match. drives it decently than the ak70. Also consider the cayin i5 with h6. I really liked how it sounded. Since I couldn't A-B them I cannot say which one is a better match. Both are good. The good thing I found at the show was how good the h6 stand was against the over hyped meze 99 classics and neo and the much more expensive audioquest night owls. H6 is a difficult headphone to upgrade from. You need at least 3x times it's price on another portable to sound better IMO. Plus it's the most simple and elegant and expensive looking one out of the lot.
I've been a huge fan of the H6 since buying mine some months back, lovely musical headphones, comfortable and an easy listen. I've just bought the Meze 99 classics and to be honest they blew me away.Much more and better defined bass than the H6's. They do need 100 hours plus burn in , but after that they are a hugely enjoyable listen.
I now use my H6's for travel, but listening in the house I always go for the Mezes.

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #2,395 of 2,875
I've been a huge fan of the H6 since buying mine some months back, lovely musical headphones, comfortable and an easy listen. I've just bought the Meze 99 classics and to be honest they blew me away.Much more and better defined bass than the H6's. They do need 100 hours plus burn in , but after that they are a hugely enjoyable listen.
I now use my H6's for travel, but listening in the house I always go for the Mezes.

I agree with this except mine are the Meze 99 Neo. I also find the headband more comforatble than the H6. The cups on both fit me well. If I could only keep one of the two, it would be the Neo.

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #2,396 of 2,875
I agree with this except mine are the Meze 99 Neo. I also find the headband more comforatble than the H6. The cups on both fit me well. If I could only keep one of the two, it would be the Neo.
H6 had faster bass than classics when I tried. Classics had it in quantity but not fast decays. But again, it totally depends on whether it fits our head perfectly or not. I have isntances in the past when I slept off on an overnight flight forgetting these were on. I saw some reviews online that some guys were finding it uncomfortable a bit. If the headphones shape compliments perfectly your head shape it won't matter for sure. Same with the bass, depending on the seal you get which varies with head shape bass perceived bass can vary . May be that can be one reason why I felt loose bass on meze. So to me h6 wins over it. But may not be for others.i really wanted to upgrade to meze and but I didn't find it anything better than h6. Just a sideways upgrade if one is bored with h6. But overall I feel funny about the look of it as I feel like I am a character from some kings era with those on! The classics fits perfectly with a gladiator costume. :wink:

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #2,397 of 2,875
H6 had faster bass than classics when I tried. Classics had it in quantity but not fast decays. But again, it totally depends on whether it fits our head perfectly or not. I have isntances in the past when I slept off on an overnight flight forgetting these were on. I saw some reviews online that some guys were finding it uncomfortable a bit. If the headphones shape compliments perfectly your head shape it won't matter for sure. Same with the bass, depending on the seal you get which varies with head shape bass perceived bass can vary . May be that can be one reason why I felt loose bass on meze. So to me h6 wins over it. But may not be for others.i really wanted to upgrade to meze and but I didn't find it anything better than h6. Just a sideways upgrade if one is bored with h6. But overall I feel funny about the look of it as I feel like I am a character from some kings era with those on! The classics fits perfectly with a gladiator costume. :wink:

Mine are the Neo which does not sound identical to the Classic. It has been a year since I heard the Classic though so I am not going to try to say what the difference is....only that I liked the Neo better. I may have partially been influenced by the color. I love it in black. As far as portability goes, my 1More H1707 wins over both the Neo and the H6. I think I just adjust easily to different sound signatures so, as long as I am enjoying my music, I am happy. This is why I rarely part with any of my gear...and my list is too long.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #2,398 of 2,875
As I wrote earlier I had the opportunity to compare H6 Gen 2 with Classic and Neo - all driven by DragonFly Red (this may be important considering your opininon that Meze has better bass).

Anyway, my finding was that Gen 2 (again, important because it is bassier than Gen 1) is very similiar to Classic, there are small differences in detail, airiness in favor of B&O. The bass was more or less on par, with H6 having better control over low end and Meze being loosier there.
Since I already had H6 I didn't get Meze.
Neo was behind both Classic and H6 in basically all aspects (though they are not bad on their own) and I've been listening to them rather shortly focusing on H6 vs Classic battle.

Aug 29, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #2,399 of 2,875
I think it depends hugely on your source. I’m using an ibasso DX200, the H6 sound smooth and musical, but to me the bass is lacking. I’ve fitted the 2.5 Meze balanced cable to my classics and bought an AMP8 for the DX200. The bass and sub bass on the Meze is sublime, deep, tight , airy. I’m loving this setup. But only in the house, i can’t ever see myself being outside wearing the Mezes lol.

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #2,400 of 2,875
What is you prefer about the H6 over the "overhyped" 99s? I sold my Neo after purchasing the 2nd generation H6, but I'm still considering snagging a pair of Classics. I like the H6 for it's smoothness and all day listening enjoyment, as it's not what I would consider aggressive, but with fast rock music, it can become a little congested. I'm hoping that the Classics can stay better separated with busy tracks, and offer a little better attack, as so many people recommend them for rock n roll. None the less, the H6 is one of my favorites in the collection. Top 4 anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back