Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jun 26, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #2,371 of 2,875
How are the Master and Dynamics MH30 compared to these 2nd gen? They’re on sale at Bestbuy today for $129.99.

Never heard them... Tempting to try but keep in mind they are on ears. Whats so nice about the H6 is that they are just big enough to be over ears. If the pads can be replaced for something bigger then it could be a great option.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #2,372 of 2,875
I just got these for Father's day from the wife and daughter. I think across the board, these are my favorites yet, stealing that honor from my Hifiman Edition S. They seem to do everything right, per my limited time in this hobby. Up to this point I was trying to understand what my sound preferences are (kinda still am), but these tick all the boxes for me. Comfort is top notch, not too loose or snug, and the pads are amazing. I would never be even remotely embarrassed to where these in public. They look great. As for the sound, my subjective opinion is that they sound super clear (little grain if any), very balanced with perhaps a slightly elevated low end. They handle guitar distortion well, the treble has some sparkle to it, and the mids are yummy. When I close my eyes I can picture myself sitting relatively close to the stage at an outdoor concert. They do my favorite genre (rock) quite well imo. There was one final can in contention, but I chose these over the 1 more triple driver over ear, and have no regrets. I'm sure there are plenty of better cans out there, but I haven't allowed myself to exceed 200 dollars yet. For that price I think these are likely some of the best closed cans money can buy.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #2,373 of 2,875
I just got these for Father's day from the wife and daughter. I think across the board, these are my favorites yet, stealing that honor from my Hifiman Edition S. They seem to do everything right, per my limited time in this hobby. Up to this point I was trying to understand what my sound preferences are (kinda still am), but these tick all the boxes for me. Comfort is top notch, not too loose or snug, and the pads are amazing. I would never be even remotely embarrassed to where these in public. They look great. As for the sound, my subjective opinion is that they sound super clear (little grain if any), very balanced with perhaps a slightly elevated low end. They handle guitar distortion well, the treble has some sparkle to it, and the mids are yummy. When I close my eyes I can picture myself sitting relatively close to the stage at an outdoor concert. They do my favorite genre (rock) quite well imo. There was one final can in contention, but I chose these over the 1 more triple driver over ear, and have no regrets. I'm sure there are plenty of better cans out there, but I haven't allowed myself to exceed 200 dollars yet. For that price I think these are likely some of the best closed cans money can buy.

What set of cans did you get?

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #2,375 of 2,875
After 2 years one side of mine started distorting. Beoplay replaced it with a new refurbished one. GREAT thing is my pads were flattened. I got fuel back for the next one year :) + additional warranty upto 2020! YAY.. In fact the best warranty service I ever came across for any electronics. They picked up from home via ups without any cost. No sending charges even. This is excellent service. I really would buy more fr them in the future when they are affordable.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #2,376 of 2,875
After 2 years one side of mine started distorting. Beoplay replaced it with a new refurbished one. GREAT thing is my pads were flattened. I got fuel back for the next one year :) + additional warranty upto 2020! YAY.. In fact the best warranty service I ever came across for any electronics. They picked up from home via ups without any cost. No sending charges even. This is excellent service. I really would buy more fr them in the future when they are affordable.

May I ask how are the leather pads holding on after two years of use? is there any wear visible? They does not look like a interchangeble ones?

BTW I am comparing them to my new Ultrasone Signature DXP's and they are almost as good as much more expensive cans:) Just tiny bit less bass controll and litle recessed mids. But are MUCH more comfortable to wear. Not sure wchich one to leave and wchich one to sell:)
Thanks!

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #2,377 of 2,875
May I ask how are the leather pads holding on after two years of use? is there any wear visible? They does not look like a interchangeble ones?

BTW I am comparing them to my new Ultrasone Signature DXP's and they are almost as good as much more expensive cans:) Just tiny bit less bass controll and litle recessed mids. But are MUCH more comfortable to wear. Not sure wchich one to leave and wchich one to sell:)
Thanks!
2 years of regular use? Time to change the pads, even though they dont tear off. It gets flattened, and sound becomes more boxy. less treble, and slow. Even though you manage to get it back to shape by pressing them, it wont stay for more than 10 minutes that way. Main problem is the lack of stitching like the momentums and memory pads. Also a usused one is STIFF not soft. It has a limited mileage! I would never pick up a used one, unless it is new or refurbished recently with new pads. I have 2 pairs . one is new and one is 2 years old. Before I tried the pads on both and the older pads had looooot of sound difference. If someone is to buy a used one, be aware that you will be wondering where did all those good reviews come from?!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #2,378 of 2,875
2 years of regular use? Time to change the pads, even though they dont tear off. It gets flattened, and sound becomes more boxy. less treble, and slow. Even though you manage to get it back to shape by pressing them, it wont stay for more than 10 minutes that way. Main problem is the lack of stitching like the momentums and memory pads. Also a usused one is STIFF not soft. It has a limited mileage! I would never pick up a used one, unless it is new or refurbished recently with new pads. I have 2 pairs . one is new and one is 2 years old. Before I tried the pads on both and the older pads had looooot of sound difference. If someone is to buy a used one, be aware that you will be wondering where did all those good reviews come from?!
Where can pads be bought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back