Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Aug 28, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #1,862 of 2,875
Sorry if this been mentioned before.

Is there someone who has tested Lavricables cable on second generation H6? I just asked him, but he wasn't shure if the plug he uses is thin enough.
If someone has the dimension on the original plug that also would help. I haven't got any good instrument to measure with..
The new Lavricables Reference Silver fits both Gen1 and Gen2 H6.
On Gen1 there is a little bit of space all around the plug, on Gen2 it seems like a tight fit at first but it snugly goes all the way in (and to me feels more secure).

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #1,863 of 2,875
I have this one and although a little bit pricey (compared to the H6 current price..), I think it is well worth it.
Build quality is simply outstanding and I really love how the H6 sounds with it (I have both Gen1 and Gen2).. IMHO the cable brings an airiness and spaciousness to the sound.. I feel improved soundstage and more clarity. But that's me.

The owner, Konstantin, is here on head-fi (@lavricables ) so you can PM him directly if you have questions.
He is very responsive and a pleasure to deal with..
For what it's worth, if folks have a cable they want to use, but the connector isn't thin enough, you can always use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016AHYRNW/

It doesn't do much for the aesthetics, of course.

Thanks! That could be a good thing :)

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,864 of 2,875
The new Lavricables Reference Silver fits both Gen1 and Gen2 H6.
On Gen1 there is a little bit of space all around the plug, on Gen2 it seems like a tight fit at first but it snugly goes all the way in (and to me feels more secure).

Thanks!

I have bought a couple of cables from him. And he really is a nice guy with very high standard on his products. And I think the silver cable is a good sonic match for H6 gen2. Both with mojo and Fiio i1 as I'm intending to use with H6 gen2.

I don't know if it's in my mind but I can hear differences between cables.

Aug 29, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #1,865 of 2,875
Thanks!
I don't know if it's in my mind but I can hear differences between cables.
The mind surely has a part in it (I spent so much money, I can hear everything now! :) )
..but I also feel I hear differences, to me the H6 Gen2 with a Silver cable sounds better, on the other side some of my friends say they cannot hear any difference between Beoplay stock cable and my silver cable.

Do I recommend it? Yes, if you are a "cable-believer", wholeheartedly.:ksc75smile:

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #1,866 of 2,875
Maby the best thing if you are a cable believer would be to mod the headphone. Solder the silver cable to both drivers. Now even if you have a cable with better electrical conductivity, inside the headphone there still cable between both sides that degrades conductivity.

I like that you say "feel I hear" because that's the way I thinking about musicality. It's much of a feeling. And for me the enjoyment of music much depends on my mood. Sometimes I don't enjoy music even if I have technically great gear. And other times I enjoy it enormously from less impressive gear.

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #1,867 of 2,875
I like that you say "feel I hear" because that's the way I thinking about musicality. It's much of a feeling. And for me the enjoyment of music much depends on my mood. Sometimes I don't enjoy music even if I have technically great gear. And other times I enjoy it enormously from less impressive gear.

Absolutely!!!

...and when I was very young I fell in love with music from an AM transistor radio next to my bed. Late night sounds from far away. Magic!

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #1,869 of 2,875
I think the good thing of B&O is they keep a good consistency of sound style on different equipment.
I have heard Beosound A8, Beosound 8, Beolab 4, Beosound 6.
B&O have their own signature on these very different products.

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #1,870 of 2,875
I just got my H6 in the mail and it didn't come with a soft case like others that I have seen. This was a $250 item on Amazon so is the case missing because they are cutting the cost?

Mine came with a soft bag not a case.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #1,872 of 2,875
1st gen came with a cloth bag, and the 2nd did so at first, but it was removed later on.

Thank you. Are there any good cables I should look into to replace the stocker? Or is it not really necessary if the cable is working fine? Basically, is there a noticeable improvement in SQ with a different cable? I don't want to spend $150 on a new cable though...

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,873 of 2,875
Thank you. Are there any good cables I should look into to replace the stocker? Or is it not really necessary if the cable is working fine? Basically, is there a noticeable improvement in SQ with a different cable? I don't want to spend $150 on a new cable though...

Others will disagree but I think the only reason to replace the cable is if you want a longer or shorter one. I wanted one a bit longer for when i sit in my living room and want to connect it to my tube amp. The stock cable is just fine with my dap.

Aug 29, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #1,874 of 2,875
Others will disagree but I think the only reason to replace the cable is if you want a longer or shorter one. I wanted one a bit longer for when i sit in my living room and want to connect it to my tube amp. The stock cable is just fine with my dap.

Thanks for the reply. That is also what I was thinking. While I think a longer cable may be nice I will probably just stick with the standard one since I have a set of HD598s for home use.

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #1,875 of 2,875
If you are using them on the go, ambient noise might offset any improvements from a superior cable. You'd also lose the mic/volume controls which is pretty useful.

I was contemplating on getting the ADL iHP-35L and decided against it for the above reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back