Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Aug 29, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #1,876 of 2,875
Maby the best thing if you are a cable believer would be to mod the headphone. Solder the silver cable to both drivers. Now even if you have a cable with better electrical conductivity, inside the headphone there still cable between both sides that degrades conductivity.
I was heavily contemplating about this, but I don't have the proper skills to do it myself.. maybe I should send my H6 to Lavricables. :)

1st gen came with a cloth bag, and the 2nd did so at first, but it was removed later on.
So annoying how they try to earn more money out of an older product.
Gen3 will come without the cable, Gen4 without the right Ear pad.. :)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #1,877 of 2,875
If you are using them on the go, ambient noise might offset any improvements from a superior cable. You'd also lose the mic/volume controls which is pretty useful.

I was contemplating on getting the ADL iHP-35L and decided against it for the above reasons.

Yes, that's true. The ambient noise are degrading the sound more than any premium cable can make up for when being in a loud surrounding. But when on the go I'm in a silent surrounding it's worth the extra money for me. I often use headphones when walking in the forest.

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #1,879 of 2,875
If you are using them on the go, ambient noise might offset any improvements from a superior cable. You'd also lose the mic/volume controls which is pretty useful.

I was contemplating on getting the ADL iHP-35L and decided against it for the above reasons.

I am using them in my office environment and then when I rarely travel. I think I'll be alright for now with my stock cable :)

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #1,880 of 2,875
I am using them in my office environment and then when I rarely travel. I think I'll be alright for now with my stock cable :)
You'll be great! I used my Gen1 with stock cable the same way for more than 1 year.. :)

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #1,881 of 2,875
These headphones are really amazing. At first I thought the bass was a little heavy but that is because I was coming from Sennheiser 598s which are super light with the bass. These are much more engaging and better suited for the office. They're also super beautiful and the materials/craftsmanship are really nice.

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #1,882 of 2,875
I just got my H6 in the mail and it didn't come with a soft case like others that I have seen. This was a $250 item on Amazon so is the case missing because they are cutting the cost?
The MkII doesn't have any case; no accessories, it's very..... minimalist. They could have sell it with a better audio cable in the package !

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #1,883 of 2,875
The MkII doesn't have any case; no accessories, it's very..... minimalist. They could have sell it with a better audio cable in the package !
The first batches of Gen2 had the Carrying pouch in the package (I got one with my Gen2) and it seems B&O removed it only after they reduced the price.
If you run in to an older batch you'll probably get it..
But you're right, it is called Danish minimalism .. :)

Aug 30, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #1,884 of 2,875
I bought 2gen H6 about two weeks ago. And now when more often reaches for H6 then Audeze Sine that I own for a year. My mind tells me that I should prefer Sine.

Is there anyone who has both Sine and 2gen H6 that want to tell there experience?

Aug 30, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,885 of 2,875
I bought 2gen H6 about two weeks ago. And now when more often reaches for H6 then Audeze Sine that I own for a year. My mind tells me that I should prefer Sine.

Is there anyone who has both Sine and 2gen H6 that want to tell there experience?
I have both headphones.. and overall I also prefer the H6, I suppose it is because of the perceived soundstage and airiness, I sometimes really have the feeling they are open backs. Comfort is also on another level (over ear vs on ear..) which probably helps a lot choosing when I'm reaching for one of the two.
And then there is this sub-bass of the H6.. the Sine just lack that little bit of body in the bass, (but they respond very well to a bit of EQ!).

The Sine I mostly use with the cipher cable when I'm on the go, as it is really convenient.. but it is also a pity as it pairs nicely with the Mojo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back