Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Sep 7, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #1,893 of 2,875
Just got a pair of H6 Gen 2... v happy with them. The retailer who sold them to me told me that B&O are discontinuing them. Maybe the company will be concentrating solely on wireless?

Sep 8, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #1,894 of 2,875
Aren't they comfy? What's wrong?

I was thinking in buying them and using them around 4-5 hours.
IMHO, the H6 is one of the most comfortable portable over-ear I ever tried.
Apart from the ergonomics and super-sfot pads, they are extremely lightweight and this helps a lot with overall comfort.
I have 2: Gen1 and Gen2.. and that should say a lot.. :)

Just got a pair of H6 Gen 2... v happy with them. The retailer who sold them to me told me that B&O are discontinuing them. Maybe the company will be concentrating solely on wireless?
I'm also afraid they will discontinue them, B&O is focusing a lot on wireless .. they just released the BeoPlay_E8

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #1,897 of 2,875
My (natural leather) H6 are showing abnormal levels of wear after less than a year and rather few hours of indoor (office) use. I sent a message to B&O, but they only gave me a standard reply that some wear is normal and I should get in touch with a B&O retailer if I needed spares. Too bad. :frowning2:

Does anybody know where to find replacement ear pads at a reasonable price (w/ shipping to France)?

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,898 of 2,875
Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #1,899 of 2,875
My (natural leather) H6 are showing abnormal levels of wear after less than a year and rather few hours of indoor (office) use. I sent a message to B&O, but they only gave me a standard reply that some wear is normal and I should get in touch with a B&O retailer if I needed spares. Too bad. :frowning2:

Does anybody know where to find replacement ear pads at a reasonable price (w/ shipping to France)?
I have a similar concern, Im going to be keeping these for long term and theres sadly no options for replacement earpads for when they go bad...

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #1,900 of 2,875
Anyone else baby their H6's way too much just because of their craftsmanship?

I actually considered returning them because Im way too careful with them just so i dont get any scratches on them:beyersmile:

I have the original tan and silver version and their gorgeous but i feel like theyre something that should belong in a bentely or aston martin

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #1,901 of 2,875
It would be less of a problem if B&O decided to make a wireless version of the H6v2. Unfortunately, it chooses not to: https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/24/15047576/bang-olufsen-wireless-h6-headphones-why-not
Yeah, I tried both the H7 and H9, ready to buy them for the convenience of listening to music wirelessly on the go (I travel a lot for work..)... but the sound was underwhelming to say the least.
I just couldn't buy them, because "it was complicated" (https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/3/14495606/beoplay-h9-review-wireless-noise-canceling-headphones)

Quoting Vlad from theVerge: " if you’ve never heard the H6s, or any truly high-fidelity pair of portable headphones like those from Audeze or Beyerdynamic, you’ll probably slide right into the cozy confines of the H9s and be none the wiser..."

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #1,903 of 2,875
Anyone else baby their H6's way too much just because of their craftsmanship?

I actually considered returning them because Im way too careful with them just so i dont get any scratches on them:beyersmile:

I have the original tan and silver version and their gorgeous but i feel like theyre something that should belong in a bentely or aston martin

I also baby mine too much. I won't wear them on a hot day because I don't want to get sweat on the natural color leather. I have seen photos of what they look like with stains on them. i also won't wear them if my hair needs washing (I have long hair). LOL

My husband wears his black ones on hot days... does not seem concerned about the pads/

The natural and silver is beautiful. Here is a picture of mine.

upload_2017-9-9_11-5-24.jpeg

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #1,904 of 2,875
Beautiful picture

and yeah same with me, I wont even take them out for the same reason and also the fact that i dont even enjoy headphones outside... i just enjoy them on my desk or around the home

Btw which case are you using for your H6's, was thinking about getting one

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #1,905 of 2,875
My tan H6s seldom leave the house so I'm not so worried about their upkeep, I have the H9s as well which I use as outdoor cans so I made sure to get the black. Tans that have taken a beating look really bad, notably the ear cushions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back